Author Topic: Titans  (Read 1271 times)

musicmastermsh

• Bay Watcher
  • likes procedurally generated music
    • View Profile
Titans
« on: November 14, 2008, 01:45:24 am »

The titan Dab Zureru Okastung has come!

three minutes later, it hasn't shown up at my gates.  I look around for it, and lo and behold, I discover a *titan cage (Ashen)*

this is my first megabeast...aren't they supposed to be a little harder than the regular trap fodder?

more importantly, what terror can I unleash on...something...with a caged titan?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 01:50:31 am by musicmastermsh »

Robbox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Titans
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 01:57:01 am »

I got a dragon and had the same thing happen.

Then I chained him up in a pit after taming and fed him goblins for awhile until one melee goblin decided to kill him.  Plain vanilla mega-beasts are hardly worth the worry it would seem.

Hamster Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 02:20:06 am »

Most megabeasts are trappable. But if you want a challenge, go find yourself some demons - all of those have trap-avoid tags  ;D
So there's that, as well. It looks like the only chronic problems that water can't cure are nausea and cave spider bites.
Which, coincidentally enough, can be cured by magma.

Magua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 11:23:33 am »

this is my first megabeast...aren't they supposed to be a little harder than the regular trap fodder?

traps == too easy.  If you want a challenge, don't use traps.
Also, you can manufacture vomit at a smelter.  Subsequently removing the smelter spews vomit over a surprising area.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 12:43:15 pm »

For a real challenge give your fort a Megabeast entrance, baisically give your arena a tunnel to the outside with a drawbridge, once you get a megabeast drop the drawbridge and let one of your champions into the arena if he dies send in another one. See how many it takes to kill the megabeast. (I have had quite a few forts go into a tantrum spiral from this tactic though)
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.