Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hardware  (Read 7517 times)

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hardware
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 03:07:49 pm »

So keep them in the buildings, like I said...

Build 100 'Hardware', load it into the building.  A barrel needs 10 nails, built, you have 90 hardware left in the building.  Try to build a barrel, no wood, the hardware stays in the building.

AKA only split the pile when you do the building, and don't generate carry from building to pile tasks for it.

Erom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 03:12:12 pm »

There isn't support for them to be used like you say, Granite. Substantial item code improvements will be necessary or what Draco proposes WILL happen. In other words, this suggestion as proposed is impossible without huge mind numbing increases in tedium for the time being.

Someday down the road, maybe, though I still believe this is below the abstraction barrier I want to deal with, that is a personal opinion, not a technical objection.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 04:06:10 pm »

As much as I like the idea of tracking nails and small tools, yeah, I'd rather wait until stacks get fixed.

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 04:51:47 pm »

As much as I like the idea of tracking nails and small tools, yeah, I'd rather wait until stacks get fixed.

Yeah - I think I agree this needs improved stacking (also, small items that can fit more in a bin/barrel)
Pages: 1 [2]