Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39

Author Topic: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Epilouge - Kashyyk won!  (Read 63649 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 30 - The troll is dead!
« Reply #450 on: December 03, 2008, 11:45:27 pm »

I do my best to heal Webadict.
Even if he is about to backstab me, I'm not a bad person.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 30 - Huge creature and gnawed bones!
« Reply #451 on: December 04, 2008, 01:32:38 am »

Counter-attack.
He instinctively swung his rapier with his mind powers as the troll attacked him.
9 +2 (rapier) = 11 CTH
7 = 7 Dodge
11 +3 (skill) +1(rapier) = 15!
Yeah... I don't think I have to worry about revenge...

And I'd PROBABLY have a better chance of just counter-attacking.

I'll try and heal myself with my mind healing powers... that I kinda have... But not really. Preferably the lung, but the ribs, too if possible.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #452 on: December 04, 2008, 04:42:01 am »

I go to the other fountain and T shape.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 04, 2008, 06:30:29 am »

I blast the live capybara with a bolt of lightning.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 05, 2008, 05:23:08 am »

Kashyyk: I swim around in the moat, practicing swimming and hopefully getting a stat increase.
6 = 6
Kashyyk swims around for a while, but will have to swim for a lot longer if he wants to get stat increases.

Cheeetar: I do my best to heal Webadict.
4 +1 (skill) +1 (ring) = 6
Cheeetar concentrates and with an itching sensation Webadict's ribs are healed. But not his lung.

Webadict: I'll try and heal myself with my mind healing powers... that I kinda have... But not really. Preferably the lung, but the ribs, too if possible.
8 +1(ring) = 9
Webadict uses his mind powers to pull the rib out of his lung and patch up his lung. He's soon in tip top shape. 

Dwarfaholic: I go to the other fountain and T shape.
Dwarfaholic walks forward, turns right and soon comes back to the stem of the T shape. On the left he can see a dead end and a fountain, on the right the corridor turns right again.

Jay Kayell: I blast the live capybara with a bolt of lightning.
8 +1 (skill) = 9 CTH
9 = 9 Dodge
Jay tries to blast the Capybara but fails to hit it.

Capybara: Run
8 = 8
The last Capybara runs off into the jungle

Stats:

Cheeetar:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Webadict:

Jay Kayell:

Kashyyk:

Dwarfaholic:

Supplies:

Their base camp is in a slight clearing about 8m in radius. The other 2m is a 2m deep moat full of water walled off by an impure glasslike wall 3m high. At the South there is a large hole and the moat is filled with dirt. The hole is walled off with a gate of resiliently planted saplings trunks. Inside is a downwards staircase leading to a rock door.

Inside is a steel corridor that turns right. It is dimly lit by glowing orbs. There is a line drawn in white chalk on the floor leading into the maze. There is a line in blue crayon leading into the maze. At the end of the right turn the corridor continues and also turns right again. The white line follows the right turn. The blue crayon also follows the right turn. On the floor is a large-ish fire burning on the steel.

Jay is in the jungle next to a capybara corpse.

Cheeetar is in the maze behind webadict. He can go forwards into the winding corridor or left where he can hear a fountain.

Kashyyk is swimming in the muddy water in the moat.

Webadict is in a T shape with the stem leading to the fountain. He can go left to the winding corridor following the bone trail or right following his crayon trail outwards. He is next to a dead troll.

Dwarfaholic is in the stem of a T shape. He can left towards a dead end or right into a corridor that turns right again.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #455 on: December 05, 2008, 09:22:53 am »

I go right, trying to avoid detection.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 31 - No one messes with webadict!
« Reply #456 on: December 05, 2008, 11:03:20 am »

I go further down the hall of bones, preparing to attack anything with my mind rapier.

That troll stood no chance!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 05, 2008, 11:07:12 am »

Fine, I shall continue swimming.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 05, 2008, 02:26:59 pm »

I create a waterskin from the capybara corpse.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 05:11:49 pm by Jay Kayell »
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 05, 2008, 07:01:38 pm »

I sit down, using my knowledge of sucking energy from things around me to try and see if there is anything around me.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 06, 2008, 09:04:47 pm »

That troll stood no chance!
Heh heh heh. [/dry laughter]

Dwarfaholic: I go right, trying to avoid detection.
Dwarfaholic starts sneaking. The other players won't know where he is unless they can see him. He'll get his location via pm. If his action would give him away, he should pm it me and post in the thread that he has sent it.

Webadict: I go further down the hall of bones, preparing to attack anything with my mind rapier.
Webadict goes down the winding corridor further, following the trail of gnawed bones. Soon he comes to a dead end. There's a massive dent in the side of the steel wall. But more importantly, there is a full suit of adamant plate mail along with an adamant longsword lying on the floor. The armour is soft and flexible, but strong enough to stop any blow.  But because of it's flexibility it will cause no harm to an attacker, only stopping the attack. It also doesn't stop mind powers.

He can see the actual plate mail (-6 to damage in the chest, floored at 4 (no damage)); padded greaves (-6 to damage taken to legs, floored at 4. Prevents leg injuries from minor falls); padded high boots (-6 to damage to feet, floored at 4. Prevents feet injuries from minor falls); padded gauntlets (-6 to damage taken to hands, floored at 4); padded helm (-6 to damage taken to head, floored at 4).

The longsword is of an ancient design, inscribed with runes and encrusted with rubies. It cannot be affected by mind power with the exception of those of the wielder. And he can only move it, not change it in any way. It has +6 to damage (capped at 9).

The entire adamant armour and longsword is a set and can be picked up in 1 turn.

Webadict notices something else. A small door, thickly barred with steel. The bars can be removed from this side and the door opened but it must be nearly impregnable from the other side. Above is written. “This is a dead end. Literally. Though the rewards are greater than the treasure room of any king, it must only be opened by the strongest and the most arrogant. For no one can survive the horrors within and it is only just that arrogance be punished.”

Kashyyk: Fine, I shall continue swimming.
6 = 6
Kashyyk continues swimming and is getting tougher. Another turn and he has a stat boost.

Jay Kayell: I create a waterskin from the capybara corpse.
6 -1(no skill in leatherworking) = 5
Jay uses the untanned bloody skin of the capybara to make a sort of waterskin. It will hold 5 turns of water (making it bloody in the process). It will start rotting in 10 turns and then will become unable to hold water.

Cheeetar: I sit down [Your knowledge of sucking energy applies only if you can see the target] to try and see if there is anything around me.
10 -1 (no skill at sensing) = 9
Cheeetar tries to sense the other players and succeeds. With his back facing the fountain and looking at the steel wall he reaches out with his mind. To his left he senses webadict. A distance behind him and left he senses dwarfaholic. He is also feeling thirsty.

Evil Voice: Give dwarfaholic a message.
Dwarfaholic gets a message from the evil voice via pm.

Stats:

Cheeetar:

Webadict:

Jay Kayell:

Kashyyk:

Dwarfaholic:

Supplies:

Their base camp is in a slight clearing about 8m in radius. The other 2m is a 2m deep moat full of water walled off by an impure glasslike wall 3m high. At the South there is a large hole and the moat is filled with dirt. The hole is walled off with a gate of resiliently planted saplings trunks. Inside is a downwards staircase leading to a rock door.

Inside is a steel corridor that turns right. It is dimly lit by glowing orbs. There is a line drawn in white chalk on the floor leading into the maze. There is a line in blue crayon leading into the maze. At the end of the right turn the corridor continues and also turns right again. The white line follows the right turn. The blue crayon also follows the right turn. On the floor is a large-ish fire burning on the steel.

Jay is in the jungle next to a skinned capybara corpse.

Cheeetar is in the maze behind webadict. He can go forwards into the winding corridor or left where he can hear a fountain.

Kashyyk is swimming in the muddy water in the moat.

Webadict is in a dead end with a small barred door. He is next to adamant plate mail and an adamant longsword.

Dwarfaholic is sneaking.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 09:09:51 pm by Martian »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 32 - A literal dead end!
« Reply #461 on: December 06, 2008, 09:14:20 pm »

...It's so... beautiful!

I put on the armor. Or as much of it as I can during this turn. Adventure... HO!

Is anyone more arrogant than I to open this door? Who shall be my sidekick for this adventure?!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 06, 2008, 10:33:22 pm »

I step towards Webadict, valiantly asking to be his accomplice in this adventure.
I'll be the voice of reason and the healer.
I've played some mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 06, 2008, 10:37:54 pm »

I step towards Webadict, valiantly asking to be his accomplice in this adventure.
I'll be the voice of reason and the healer.
Yeah... I like having my limbs!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 07, 2008, 09:58:46 am »

I continue swimming laps of the moat.

If you wish I can try and catch up with you, webadict, and help!!!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39