Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39

Author Topic: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Epilouge - Kashyyk won!  (Read 63651 times)

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 29 - Smooth steel walls.
« Reply #435 on: December 02, 2008, 09:44:27 am »

Kashyyk: I pound the meat to Jerky
9 = 9
Kashyyk quickly pounds the raw meat into Jerky.

Jay Kayell: I use my powers to slay the three capybara.

5 +1 (skill) = 6 CTH
4 = 4 Capybara A dodge
6 +1(skill) = 7 Damage
With a sizzling noise Jay fries the capybara's chest organs. It drops dead.

Webadict: Retry a mind search.

9 -1 (tired mind) -1 (no skill in sensing) = 7
Webadict searches hard with his mind down the winding corridor but finds no traps. He does however sense a huge creature at the end of the [short] winding corridor.

Cheeetar: I follow the crayon trail to Webadict.
Cheetar follows the crayon trail right. Soon the corridor takes a left turn. He walks down a long open stretch and then turns left again. Soon he comes to a choice. He con go forward into the winding corridor or turn left into a corridor. He can see webadict in front of him, looking at the winding corridor.

Dwarfaholic: I quickly run back to the fountain [Runnig back is an action]
Dwarfaholci quickly goes backwards along his yellow crayon trail and soon comes back to the same choice he faced a while back. He can go forward to the fountain or turn left back to his starting point.

Stats:

Cheeetar:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Webadict:

Jay Kayell:

Kashyyk:

Dwarfaholic:

Supplies:

Their base camp is in a slight clearing about 8m in radius. The other 2m is a 2m deep moat full of water walled off by an impure glasslike wall 3m high. At the South there is a large hole and the moat is filled with dirt. The hole is walled off with a gate of resiliently planted saplings trunks. Inside is a downwards staircase leading to a rock door.

Inside is a steel corridor that turns right. It is dimly lit by glowing orbs. There is a line drawn in white chalk on the floor leading into the maze. There is a line in blue crayon leading into the maze. At the end of the right turn the corridor continues and also turns right again. The white line follows the right turn. The blue crayon also follows the right turn. On the floor is a large-ish fire burning on the steel.

Jay is in the jungle next to 2 capybara and 1 capybara corpse.

Cheeetar is in the maze behind webadict. He can go forwards into the winding corridor or left where he can hear a fountain.

Kashyyk is in the base camp.

Webadict is in a T shape with the stem leading to the fountain. He can go left to the winding corridor following the bone trail or right following his crayon trail outwards.

Dwarfaholic can go forward to where he can hear a fountain or turn left following his yellow crayon trail backwards.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 09:48:12 am by Martian »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 30 - Huge creature and gnawed bones!
« Reply #436 on: December 02, 2008, 09:48:34 am »

Aha! I knew it! Time to fight you with my mind being! Gotta love my affect others without seeing them!

I search out toward the being, severing its ocular nerves, if possible. If not possible, I pull its face into the ground.

I bet it's some sort of Demon now.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 30 - Huge creature and gnawed bones!
« Reply #437 on: December 02, 2008, 11:20:40 am »

I test the water in the moat to see wether it is safe to drink

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 02, 2008, 11:25:10 am »

Honestly, I could probably kill everyone and take their treasure right now and have very little resistance.

Let's see, first I'd down Cheeetar with some mind force powers, followed next by reaching out to Dwarfaholic with my mind and killing him next (it'd take 2 turns to do so), as he was able to drain my water, I assume he's close.

I'd walk up the stairs, killing Jay before I make it up, only to be attacked by Kashyyk in the back. Unfortunately, I also had my rapier drawn, and it skewered him.

It'd look pretty cool in my mind.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 02, 2008, 12:24:16 pm »

Let's see, first I'd down Cheeetar with some mind force powers, followed next by reaching out to Dwarfaholic with my mind and killing him next (it'd take 2 turns to do so), as he was able to drain my water, I assume he's close.
You'd be dead. Dwarfaholic can dodge mind powers without seeing them and has +4 (+2 from skill, +2 from the gem) to dodge.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 02, 2008, 01:21:53 pm »

I refill my water supplies with my powers.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 02, 2008, 01:38:58 pm »

You'd be dead. Dwarfaholic can dodge mind powers without seeing them and has +4 (+2 from skill, +2 from the gem) to dodge.

So you would need to learn how to attack with mind powers without being detected. Like a mind power backstab.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 02, 2008, 01:39:52 pm »

Don't give him any ideas! :P
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 02, 2008, 01:53:49 pm »

So you would need to learn how to attack with mind powers without being detected. Like a mind power backstab.
I mostly have this already... I can attack people without seeing them.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 02, 2008, 06:08:26 pm »

Don't give him any ideas! :P

If I give him ideas I will be able to know how to defend against them

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 02, 2008, 07:11:39 pm »

I study Webadict closely, learning his strengths and weaknesses in case I have to fight him.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 03:40:31 am by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 02, 2008, 07:50:12 pm »

I was saying I could, not that I would. Plus, Kashyyk and maybe Cheeetar if he wasn't standing next to me are probably the only ones who could kill me. I'm merely saying.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #447 on: December 03, 2008, 02:04:40 am »

I fill my water bottles.

Dangit, I can't do much anything as I have to go fill up new and better water bottles all the time.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 03, 2008, 05:35:11 pm »

Webadict: I search out toward the being, severing its ocular nerves, if possible. If not possible, I pull its face into the ground.
7 = 7 Effect
Webadict senses the huge creature but can't make head or tail out of it's nerves. There doesn't seem to be any recognisable neither does it flesh seem faintly like mammal flesh. So he pulls it face first into the steel floor. He hears a huge roar and a massive thump noise. Then a huge troll, larger than an elephant comes rushing out. It gives a fierce war cry and thumps it's chest. The steel maze shakes. It doesn't have a weapon but doesn't seem like it needs one.

Troll: Crush Webadict against the wall.
7 = 7 CTH
6 = 6 Dodge
6 +3 (It's a troll!) = 9
With a sickening crunch webadict is slammed into the wall by the troll's fist. The world erupts into stars. He coughs up blood and slides to the floor. He has lots of ribs cracked (-2 to movement) and one through a lung (Mortal wound, rolls for survival start next turn). He suddenly notices everything clearer and can see a huge scar on the troll's side. As if he was rent by a terrible blow from a razor sharp blade of the highest quality. The troll is vaguely humanoid, with a small head and two beady eyes. It has a huge skull and a thick skin, with lots of scars. It's sort of grey-ish with a little green mixed in. It has huge teeth (like those of a hyena), for cracking bones and gnawing.

Counter-attack.
He instinctively swung his rapier with his mind powers as the troll attacked him.
9 +2 (rapier) = 11 CTH
7 = 7 Dodge
11 +3 (skill) +1(rapier) = 15
The rapier swung forward just as the troll crushed him. It stabbed the troll right in the left eye, removing it and going through its thick skull deep into its small brain. The rapier spins side to side with a twisting action completely obliterating the troll's brain. It collapses dead, but not before Webadict sees part of its memories with his mind powers.

He sees a tall proud man in cyan armour walk into the winding corridor. He sees the troll roar and try to crush him against the wall. The man dodges and slashes its side deep with his cyan sword.  The sword goes through the skin and ribs like butter. The troll roars and smashes him against the side of the wall under his hand. The man stands up unharmed, his cyan armour unmarked. He prepares to slash at the troll again when it picks him up and slams him against the wall so hard the steel wall is dented. The man is killed by the shock wave of the blow. The armour is still unharmed. The troll then removes the armour and picks up the corpse. He wanders off, leaving the armour there.

Kashyyk: I test the water in the moat to see wether it is safe to drink
3 = 3
Kashyyk tries to test the muddy water in the moat (that seeped in from the ground) but only falls in. He manages to grab the side of the moat and is hanging from it.

Jay Kayell: I refill my water supplies with my powers.
9 = 9
Jay ignores the other two capybara and fills up his water supplies from the ground.

Cheeetar: I study Webadict closely, learning his strengths and weaknesses in case I have to fight him.
6 = 6
Cheeetar studies the bleeding webadict and manages to get some hints from his posture. +1 to dodging webadict.

Dwarfaholic: I fill my water bottles.
10 = 10
Dwargaholic goes back to the fountain and fills his water bottles. He also finds an ancient silver coin in the well.

Evil Voice: Give dwarfaholic more food
7 = 7
10 turns more hard flat biscuits appear in his backpack.

Capybara B: Run
6 = 6
Capybara B flees into the jungle, but doesn't get out of sight.

Capybara C: Run
9 = 9
Capybara C runs far into the jungle and out of sight.

Stats:

Cheeetar:

Webadict:

Jay Kayell:

Kashyyk:

Dwarfaholic:

Supplies:

Their base camp is in a slight clearing about 8m in radius. The other 2m is a 2m deep moat full of water walled off by an impure glasslike wall 3m high. At the South there is a large hole and the moat is filled with dirt. The hole is walled off with a gate of resiliently planted saplings trunks. Inside is a downwards staircase leading to a rock door.

Inside is a steel corridor that turns right. It is dimly lit by glowing orbs. There is a line drawn in white chalk on the floor leading into the maze. There is a line in blue crayon leading into the maze. At the end of the right turn the corridor continues and also turns right again. The white line follows the right turn. The blue crayon also follows the right turn. On the floor is a large-ish fire burning on the steel.

Jay is in the jungle close to a capybara and 1 capybara corpse.

Cheeetar is in the maze behind webadict. He can go forwards into the winding corridor or left where he can hear a fountain.

Kashyyk is hanging from the side of the moat, halfway in the muddy water.

Webadict is in a T shape with the stem leading to the fountain. He can go left to the winding corridor following the bone trail or right following his crayon trail outwards. He is next to a dead troll.

Dwarfaholic is in a dead end next to a fountain. He can go forward back to the other fountain and T shape or right back to his starting point.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 30 - The troll is dead!
« Reply #449 on: December 03, 2008, 05:41:35 pm »

I swim around in the moat, practicing swimming and hopefully getting a stat increase.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39