Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39

Author Topic: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Epilouge - Kashyyk won!  (Read 63685 times)

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 14 - Death of a fire elemental!
« Reply #300 on: November 19, 2008, 05:30:17 pm »

Roll coming up now. Hint: Banzayatc needs lots of food.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 14 - Death of a fire elemental!
« Reply #301 on: November 19, 2008, 05:51:18 pm »

Dwarfaholic: I hide into the woods, and try to train my martial über- skills.
11 – 4 = 7
Dwarfaholic hides deep in the jungle and starts training in combat.

Jay Kayell: I practice my powers
7 = 7
Jay Kayell start practising again. He'll need some more practise to improve.

Banzayatc: I return to the ground and go into the ruins.
Auto-succeed.
Banzayatc goes back to the ground and into the ruins. He opens the door and climbs down the stairs. The stairs end in the end of a steel corridor. He hears evil laughter. “So you drove off my terrier! As I said, I consider you to be vermin and you beating my loyal terrier is pure entertainment. I am much to powerful and bored to kill you outright. I'll watch you struggle desperately through this maze in the faint hope of finding the massive treasures surrounding my jail. To make it more entertaining (and give you faint hope of survival) here's a hint: There's a box with 3 different coloured crayons tied to the bottom of the floor hatch. Have fun!”

Kashyyk: I pound the raw meat into Jerky.

7 = 7
Kashyyk pounds the meat he gained from the tree animals into Jerky. The evil voice cackles “You'll need more food than that to enter my lair!”

Webadict: I pull some more water out of the ground and refill our water bottles.
6 + 3 (skill) = 9
Webadict draws lots of water and refills everybody's bottles. He also reports a complicated steel structure underneath the rock.

Cheeetar: I walk into the cabin and add some doodadds to my hammer from dirt and the strange glass to make it better at crafting (something like a swiss army knife).
11 = 11
Cheetar wips up some handy attachments from glass and adds them to his hammer. He has a file (crushed glass), tweezers (two bits of rock) and a magnifying glass (glass). He can now better craft surfaces and small objects. +1 to each.

Air Elemental: Follow Banzayatc [Banzayatc, you must give it an order each turn.]
Auto succeed.
The Air elemental wanders down the staircase along with it's master.

Evil voice: Heal Dwarfaholic.
10 = 10
The evil voice fully heals Dwarfaholic.

Air elemental escape?
9 = 9
The air elemental breaks free of Banzayatc's control.

Cheeetar: Mind Powers Healing +1, Strength: +3 (+2, +1), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH)), has 1 hammer (+1 to crafting using a hammer, +1 to crafting small objects and surfaces).

Banzayatc: +3 mind powers forces, +2 to levitation, has 1 machetes (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 daggers (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH. Has 3 picks (-3 to CTH, +3 to damage [as they pierce internal organs]), a set of red, blue and yellow crayons [using these to make marks doesn't take a turn]. In a steel corridor. Has enough food for 7 turns and enough water for 6. (He is carrying his supplies in his backpack)

Webadict: +3 mind powers kinetic, +1 to sensing geological formations, +1 to healing or modifying bones, has 1 rapier (+1 to damage, +2 to CTH), has 1 black diamond (can perfectly control any 1 NPC, +2 to dodging mind powers), +2 to severing jaw controlling nerves of mammals, can affect nearby living things without having to see them.

Jay Kayell: +3 mind power forces, +1 CTH with mind forces, +3 to cooking, can extract energy from plants. Has 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH), has 1 half litre chunk of ice that has strange properties, has 1 green glass block.

Kashyyk: +1 sense, +1 Mind powers kinetic, +1 CTH, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH, +2 against flesh and bone, can shatter into shards against hard stuff like rock), has wasp-gem ( +2 to dodge), and a snake skin. +1 to butchering animals.

Servant Corps: +3 mind forces, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH), has 1 camera-pebble.

Air elemental: Invisible, can go through minuscule holes, has +3 to attacks involving wind and air, immune to physical attacks.

The group has enough food for 7 turns and enough water for 6. Each player is also wearing a shirt, belt with place for dagger and machete, long pants, socks, leather boots and has a quantum backpack.

Servant Corps has enough food for 6 turn and enough water for 2.

The group find themselves in a slight clearing about 8m in radius. The other 2m is a 2m deep moat full of water walled off by an impure glasslike wall 3m high. At the South there is a large hole and the moat is filled with dirt. The hole is walled off with a gate of resiliently planted saplings trunks. There is a large pile of dirt in front of the gate. Inside is a downwards staircase leading to the ruins.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 15 - Maze like a steel trap!
« Reply #302 on: November 19, 2008, 06:13:52 pm »

Hmm... Now what? Maybe we should explore the ruins? But what if we run out of food?

Ready for this?

I kill everyone in the clearing! Haha. Just kidding.

I go out and search for some edible plants.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 19, 2008, 11:33:12 pm »

I go down to Banzayatc and get a crayon ask Banzayatc for a crayon, crushing some of the glass finely onto the crayon to make the trail shiny in the dark.

If Banzayatc does not give me the crayon I then study Banzayatc's body to possibly learn something about healing and/or killing him.

That's a +2 to improving the crayon?

I suggest that we split up into three groups to explore the ruins, each group with a healer (so some of us should get some healing powers).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 03:28:52 am by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 19, 2008, 11:38:32 pm »

That's a good idea, but we need food first. I'm kinda a healer/overly-powered bodyguard. I'd probably be my own group.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 20, 2008, 02:31:37 am »

Sorry, I forgot to mention this. The entire maze is lit with glowing orbs every few metres.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 20, 2008, 03:29:59 am »

That's a good idea, but we need food first. I'm kinda a healer/overly-powered bodyguard. I'd probably be my own group.
But if you get struck down and have a - to your thought actions, you will be killed! :(
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #307 on: November 20, 2008, 04:10:43 am »

I train myself to become immune to pain.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 20, 2008, 04:31:33 am »

I create a glass sword from my glass block with my powers.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 20, 2008, 04:53:50 am »

I pick up the crayons, giving one of them to Cheeetar.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 05:17:16 am by Banzayatc »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 20, 2008, 05:16:07 am »

I pick up the crayons.
Let me have one would you?
I've played some mafia.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 20, 2008, 05:16:53 am »

Okay.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 20, 2008, 11:54:49 am »

I go out and hunt for food

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 20, 2008, 01:02:51 pm »

Webadict: I go out and search for some edible plants.
7 = 7
Webadict searches for edible plants around the clearing and finds a couple of roots and herbs. Another 3 turns worth of food for everybody.

Cheeetar: I then study Banzayatc's body to possibly learn something about healing and/or killing him.
4 = 4
Cheeetar studies Banzayatc but only succeeds in getting puzzled looks from him.

Dwarfaholic: I train myself to become immune to pain.
5 = 5
Dwarfaholic tries to learn to block pain with his mind. He starts to think he has the hang of it until he bumps his toe and yells out loud, hopping up and down. He'll need a lot more practice.

Jay Kayell: I create a glass sword from my glass block with my powers.

9 – 1 (no skill in swordmaking) = 8
Jay heats the glass until its redhot and then forges it by blowing on it with wind. Soon he has a crude sword. He sharpens it by chipping the edges.

Banzayatc: I pick up the crayons, giving one of them to Cheeetar.

10 = 10
Banzayatc grabs the crayons. He discovers that the box also contains a crayon eraser, which he picks up. He sees a white chalk line drawn on the floor of the maze.

Kashyyk: I go out and hunt for food
5 = 5
Kashyyk tries to hunt but realizes he's trapped inside by the dirt piled at the gate. He then fries an insect but it is too crispy to eat.

Cheeetar: Mind Powers Healing +1, Strength: +3 (+2, +1), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH)), has 1 hammer (+1 to crafting using a hammer, +1 to crafting small objects and surfaces), has 1 red crayon [using it to mark something doesn't take a turn].

Banzayatc: +3 mind powers forces, +2 to levitation, has 1 machetes (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 daggers (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH. Has 3 picks (-3 to CTH, +3 to damage [as they pierce internal organs]), has blue and yellow crayons [using these to make marks doesn't take a turn]. In a steel corridor. Has enough food for 9 turns and enough water for 5. (He is carrying his supplies in his backpack)

Webadict: +3 mind powers kinetic, +1 to sensing geological formations, +1 to healing or modifying bones, has 1 rapier (+1 to damage, +2 to CTH), has 1 black diamond (can perfectly control any 1 NPC, +2 to dodging mind powers), +2 to severing jaw controlling nerves of mammals, can affect nearby living things without having to see them.

Jay Kayell: +3 mind power forces, +1 CTH with mind forces, +3 to cooking, can extract energy from plants. Has 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH), has 1 half litre chunk of ice that has strange properties, has 1 green glass sword.

Kashyyk: +1 sense, +1 Mind powers kinetic, +1 CTH, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH, +2 against flesh and bone, can shatter into shards against hard stuff like rock), has wasp-gem ( +2 to dodge), and a snake skin. +1 to butchering animals.

Servant Corps: +3 mind forces, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH), has 1 camera-pebble.

Air elemental: Invisible, can go through minuscule holes, has +3 to attacks involving wind and air, immune to physical attacks.

The group has enough food for 9 turns and enough water for 5. Each player is also wearing a shirt, belt with place for dagger and machete, long pants, socks, leather boots and has a quantum backpack.

Servant Corps has enough food for 5 turn and enough water for 2.

The group find themselves in a slight clearing about 8m in radius. The other 2m is a 2m deep moat full of water walled off by an impure glasslike wall 3m high. At the South there is a large hole and the moat is filled with dirt. The hole is walled off with a gate of resiliently planted saplings trunks. There is a large pile of dirt in front of the gate. Inside is a downwards staircase leading to a rock door. Inside is a steel corridor that turns right. It is dimly lit by glowing orbs. There is a line drawn in white chalk on the floor leading into the maze.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 16 - Crayons and steel!
« Reply #314 on: November 20, 2008, 01:12:36 pm »

I sharpen Jk's glass sword like I did with my Machete.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 04:29:59 pm by Kashyyk »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39