Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 39

Author Topic: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Epilouge - Kashyyk won!  (Read 63702 times)

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 9 - Get off my land!
« Reply #225 on: November 16, 2008, 01:15:48 pm »

Banzayatc: With my fire magik and elemental's fire, I smelt the weapons given to me and [forging weapons is an action]
8 +3 (skill) = 12
Banzayatc attempts to melt the weapons. He reverses gravity in a small spot above the fire and pops the weapons inside (which goes up and rests against the top of the bubble). Using his powers as well as the flame from the elemental he melts them and soon has a nice pool of metal at the top of the bubble. He then skilfully manipulates gravity to form three long bars and while they're hot bends them slightly and gives them pointy ends. He also makes a hole in each and inserts a tree branch while they're still hot. He then instantly cools them to room temperature. The contract around the tree branch making it so that they'll never slip off the handle.
(If you're wondering, he smelted them but had such a high role he also made the picks.)

Jay Kayell: I refill our water supplies with my powers.
9 +3 = 12
Jay uses the same proccess as Banzayatc and reverses gravity in a spot. Quickly the spot is full of water that flowed from the ground. He purifies it and fills the water bottles. He also reports a special  type of water he found near the top of the ruins, it seems to be powerful against any kind of flames. As he drew it from the ground the elemental's fire flickered and it screeched. He freezes some of this water and puts it in his backpack. He has a nice half litre chunk.

Kashyyk: I cook the raw meat on the eternal campfire
3 = 3
Kashyyk tries to cook the meat on the elemental campfire but fails utterly. He only manages to burn his finger (though luckily it didn't catch fire).

Webadict: I use my powers to dig downward into the earth, piling the excess dirt on the current wall.
7 + 3 = 10
Webadict digs down into the earth. He starts by digging a nice staircase down until he hits a stone block in the soft earth, 9 metres down. It is intricately carved and has a knob, though no hinges or slit visible. He then digs a corridor from the staircase which leads to a nice food store. He piles all the food there safe from danger. He makes the wall another metre higher.

Fenrir: I eat the black pebble in an attempt to absorb its powers.
12 = 12
Fenrir eats the pebble. As he does so he hears a hideous screech coming from it: “NOOO! This thing has night vision! And I can't stop seeing through it! I don't want a good look at your insides! Nooo!!! You shall pay for this!”.

Suddenly Fenir has the strangest feeling, likes he has several lidless eyes. He sees several brief glimpses: another 10m clearing with a ruinously old tree in it (the same one underneath which they found the treasure); a large winding hallway between two intricately carved doors. On the entering door is a picture of a dying human in ancient clothes. On the other door is a picture of the same human as a zombie.; something lit in a ghostly green that he could swear was his stomach and lastly their moat from the outside. Then the feeling is gone along with the glimpses.

He makes a careful note of the engraving on the two doors: “Death did not claim him; But when we broke him; We buried him; Do not in arrogance; Break the coffin for the treasured trance; Or with death will you dance.”. He also notes that on the walls were scribbled in charcoal “This was not build to keep robbers out, but to keep the inhabitant in...”. The scripts ends in a jagged line.

Servant Corps: Start a wind.
9 + 3 = 12
Servant Corps tries to destroy the wall with a massive wind. He huffed and puffed and a segment of the wall came crashing down into the moat. The players crouch down and aren't hurt too much by the sandblasting they receive. But the elemental suddenly screeches. It's flickering in and out and being blown about. It collapses, out like a light for the next turn.

Evil voice: Give Servant Corps a tool.

Suddenly, in Servant Corps's hand appears a gem. It allows him to completely control any one NPC with perfect success. It also allows him +3 to dodging mind powers. They hear an evil chuckling, “Though outnumbered he has my power behind him”.

Fenrir: Mind Powers Healing +1, Strength: +3 (+2, +1), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH).

Banzayatc: +3 mind powers forces, has 3
1 machetes (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 daggers (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH), has 1 hammer (+1 to crafting using a hammer). Has 3 picks (-3 to CTH, +3 to damage [as they pierce internal organs]).

Webadict: +3 mind powers kinetic, +1 to sensing geological formations, +1 to healing or modifying bones, has 1 rapier (+1 to damage, +2 to CTH), +2 to severing jaw controlling nerves of mammals.

Jay Kayell: +3 mind power forces, +1 CTH with mind forces, Can extract energy from plants, 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH).

Kashyyk: +1 sense, +1 Mind powers kinetic, +1 CTH, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH, +2 against flesh and bone, can shatter into shards against hard stuff like rock), and a snake skin. +1 to butchering animals.

Servant Corps: +3 mind forces, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH), has 1 black diamond (can perfectly control any 1 NPC [Non player character], +2 to dodging mind powers).

Fire elemental: Has +2 to fire and heat mind powers. Fires started by it don't go out until its death (dismissing it doesn't count as death). Out for the next turn.

Everybody has enough food for 2 turns, enough raw food for 11 turns and enough water for 6. Each player is also wearing a shirt, belt with place for dagger and machete, long pants, socks, leather boots and has a quantum backpack.

The group find themselves in a slight clearing about 8m in radius. The other 2m is a 2m deep moat full of water walled off by a dirt wall 3m high. At the South there is a large hole and the moat is filled with dirt. There is a pile of freshly cut saplings in the middle. There is a small fire in the middle burning on plain dirt (the sticks are burnt out). There are Anaconda pieces to the North along with Jaguar bones and skin. There is a headless black caiman body north. There is a headless buring charred bobcat corpse near Jay. Outside of the moat is Servant Corps trying to kill them and take back the treasure. They can see Servant Corps now and vice versa.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 9 - Get off my land!
« Reply #226 on: November 16, 2008, 01:19:11 pm »

I never imagined there would be so much suspense in these RTD games.

EDIT: ...painful suspense...

EDIT 2: ...agonizing suspense...

EDIT 3: ...excruciating suspense...

EDIT 4: *Ahem*
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hey, rolling takes a while. Especially if your writing intricate plots and situations. [Yes I know this is a double post, but my other post's length is bordering on the ridiculous.]

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 10 - Found mysterious ruins!
« Reply #227 on: November 16, 2008, 01:19:16 pm »

Fine, it will probably be easier to dry the food.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 16, 2008, 01:23:46 pm »

I pick up the gem.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 16, 2008, 01:24:45 pm »

I practice levitation by controlling the wind to hold me in air. I also return the hammer to Fenrir.

Well, this isn't exactly levitation, but it's even cooler than levitation.

Edited the action.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 01:32:42 pm by Banzayatc »

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 16, 2008, 01:31:01 pm »

Someone cover me! Banzayatc, please return my hammer.

After recieving my hammer, I use the saplings to build a gate in the wall at the hole.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 16, 2008, 02:02:21 pm »

Btw, if it somehow happens that everybody's waiting for me for more than two hours, I allow Martian to put me on AI mode. Just don't make my character do something suicidal.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 16, 2008, 02:07:06 pm »

Btw, if it somehow happens that everybody's waiting for me for more than two hours, I allow Martian to put me on AI mode. Just don't make my character do something suicidal.
Same here.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 16, 2008, 03:00:07 pm »

Same here as well.

Mind control the Fire Elemental.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 16, 2008, 03:11:46 pm »

webadict to post

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 16, 2008, 03:15:51 pm »

look up to posts

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 16, 2008, 03:22:17 pm »

it is easily done

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 16, 2008, 05:44:21 pm »

I hate to do this, especially now that we've finally discovered the ruins, but I must drop out. I'm suffering from forum addiction, you see.

To my successor: Blow the ‼carp‼ out of something for me!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 39