Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39

Author Topic: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Epilouge - Kashyyk won!  (Read 63723 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 6 - Anaconda!
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2008, 05:49:11 pm »

No point killing him now since he matters for some of our survivals...

Plus, there's too few people for backstabbing.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2008, 05:51:50 pm »

I was going to kick you into the moat, but I haven't the heart to remove you from this awesome RTD. Log out next time, or you'll find me a little less lenient.
I often watch this part of the forum like a hawk, so if I don't respond quickly I am most likely not at the computer. I'll try to remember though ;)
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2008, 06:28:58 pm »

How's the rolling coming?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2008, 06:32:18 pm »

I probably rolled a 2 and split Jay's head open.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2008, 06:34:34 pm »

That's what he gets for torturing us with suspension. :)

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2008, 06:36:05 pm »

Btw, if that elemental really likes the new world, maybe I could persuade him to serve me even after it loses my control, for some sort of payment (like feeding it with tree logs from time to time).
If you don't harm him and he becomes free he'll be independent and happy to negotiate. But you'll have to have something he wants.

Martian, do you dislike me?
Nah, you just happen to be close to the moat. I want some backstabbing! This fort building won't be easy, you don't want to know what I've got planned for a 12 on attacks.

I'm game for the naming idea.

HINT: You have to see what you're using mind powers on. Being blind or in a hole makes it impossible to target something.

Banzayatc: In cooperation with my faithful elemental, I attack the wasp (by throwing a fireball at it).

8 = 8 Banzayatc's CTH
4 + 2 = wasp dodge
9 + 3 (skill) = 12 effect
Banzayatc throws a flameball at the wasp and finally manages to hit it. The wasp is completely incinerated. The reason for it's resilience is also discovered. It was carrying a tiny gemstone that enlarged the moment it died. It's now lying on the floor. The player to pocket this will have +2 to dodge and maybe hidden insect powers (I'm not telling). If more than one player grabs it the highest roller wins. Inventory can be given away (though the other player has to accept it) without taking a turn so feel free to beg/threaten each other for it.

Fenrir: I use my powers of healing to weaken the snake's muscles.

7 + 1 (skill) = 8
Fenrir tries to weaken the snakes muscles and suceeds! The snake unwinds slightly and Jay can breathe. It also can't contract again for this and the next turn.

Webadict: I try to heal some of Jay's broken bones.

5 + 1 (skill) = 6
Webadict tries to heal Jay's broken bones. But he only partially suceeds, Jays skull is no longer punctured but his ribs are still broken. He's in mild pain (mild pain is just flavour) and winded (-1 to movement).

Kashyyk: I Chop the Anaconda up into bite size pieces with my Machete, avoiding the bits that look like Jay
The anaconda can't dodge as it's wound around Jay.
8 +3 (Machete) = 11
Kashyyk chops at the anaconda with with machete delivering several powerful strokes. The razor sharp toughened blade cuts through the snake like a knife through butter. The snake falls to the ground in several pieces. He also skins it and keeps the snake skin (beautiful but has no powers).

Jay Kayell: If the anaconda is alive I zap it's brain with electricity. If it's dead I fill the moat with water.
6 + 3 (skill) –2 (gravity doesn't like to be messed with) = 7
Jay is unskilled in manipulating matter so he decides to fill the moat by temporarily reversing gravity in the moat. It works like a charm, the ground water shoots up into the moat and starts filling it from the top down. Several players feel dizzy. When the moat is full Jay reverses the change and they now have a proper moat.

Attacks from outside:
10 = 10 (I'm not loading the dice! You really have bad luck)
A black Caiman (5m crocodile) comes wandering along attracted by the water. It sees other creatures (you) and fights you for the territory. (Needless to say it can swim.)
Roll 1d6 for who it attacks near the moat (1-3 is Jay, 4-6 is Kashyyk)
4 = 4
12 = 12 CTH
11 = 11 Dodge
8 = 8
For a change an animal attacks Kashyyk. He dodges masterfully but is slightly too slow. The camain sinks its stubby dirty teeth deep into his leg and breaks the bone along with much shredding of flesh. -1 to dodge. Pain (20% to pass out). Infection which will cause septic shock if untreated.

Fire elemental:
Takes a nap because the wasp was destroyed without its help.
Roll 1d10 for escape chance.
8 = 8
The elemental barely stays under Banzayatc's control.

Fenrir: Mind Powers Healing +1, Strength: +3 (+2, +1), has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH [chance to hit]), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH), has 1 hammer (+1 to crafting using a hammer).

Banzayatc: +3 mind powers forces, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH). In control of the mouse sized fire elemental.

Webadict: +3 mind powers kinetic, +1 to sensing geological formations, +1 to healing or modifying bones, has 1 rapier (+1 to damage, +2 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH). +2 to severing jaw controlling nerves of mammals.

Jay Kayell: +3 mind power forces, +1 CTH with mind forces, Can extract energy from plants, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH). 3 broken ribs. winded (-1 to movement), mild pain (just flavour).

Kashyyk: +1 sense, +1 Mind powers kinetic, +1 CTH, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH, +2 against flesh and bone, can shatter into shards against hard stuff like rock), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH) , and a snake skin. +1 to butchering animals. Broken leg, -1 to dodge. Leg wound, Pain (20% chance to pass out starting next turn) and septic shock if untreated.

Fire elemental: Has +2 to fire and heat mind powers. Fires started by it don't go out until its death (dismissing it doesn't count as death, neither does it running off into the jungle). Attempting to dismiss it but failing results in it becoming hostile.

Black Caiman: Vanilla so far but probably tastes like chicken.

Everybody has enough food for 5 turns, enough raw food for 10 turns and enough water for 4. Each player is also wearing a shirt, belt with place for dagger and machete, long pants, socks, leather boots and has a quantum backpack.

The group find themselves in a slight clearing about 8m in radius. The other 2m is a 2m deep moat full of water. There is a pile of freshly cut saplings in the middle. There is a mouse sized fire elemental in the middle. There are Anaconda pieces to the North along with Jaguar bones and skin. There is a black camain North.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2008, 06:41:59 pm »

I release the elemental from my control and negotiate with it, trying to recruit it.

If releasing the elemental is counted as action, I just release the elemental.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 03:27:20 am by Banzayatc »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2008, 06:47:51 pm »

Honestly, give the gemstone to Jay. He might die without it.

I practice my mind healing abilities on Kashyyk's leg

I might as well become a Red Mage while I'm at this...

I'd take the gemstone, but I don't need it. I'm probably the safest one here right now. For now.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2008, 06:51:29 pm »

I sing a song to tame the croc.

It's a long shot, but we need something guarding the camp.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2008, 06:53:54 pm »

Okay, I'll let Jay take the gemstone, but he's got to promise he will return it to me after he's fully healed and there's no immediate danger. Okay, Jay?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 06:55:28 pm by Banzayatc »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 7 - The wasp is dead!
« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2008, 06:56:47 pm »

Okay, I'll let Jay take the gemstone, but he's got to promise he will return it to me after he's fully healed and there's no immediate danger. Okay, Jay?
For Jay, there's always immediate danger.

I sing a song to tame the croc.

It's a long shot, but we need something guarding the camp.
I could sever the nerves in its legs to stop it from crawling towards us and we could just keep it somewhere.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 14, 2008, 07:03:29 pm »

For Jay, there's always immediate danger.

Heh... Well, I'll think about fully giving the gem away. You (Jay) can take it for now.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 14, 2008, 07:04:57 pm »

I could sever the nerves in its legs to stop it from crawling towards us and we could just keep it somewhere.
I'm going to try and tame it. Can I sing and do something else at the same time, Martian?

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 14, 2008, 07:11:27 pm »

I use my powers to freeze the caiman's heart. If the caiman is tame I try to cleanse Kashyyk's wounds with some alcohol that I'll summon forth. Then I take the gem

Thank you Banzayatc.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 14, 2008, 07:14:40 pm »

No thanks needed. I'm happy to help. ::)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39