Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39

Author Topic: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Epilouge - Kashyyk won!  (Read 63737 times)

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 5 - The wasp is still alive!
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2008, 01:59:33 pm »

Awesome. If he succeeds, someone fill the moat with water and summon some carp. You don't have to keep comtrol of them.

So do we need to tame animals to keep them friendly, or just hope that they we dont get an 8+?
Yes, we'll need to tame them.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2008, 02:02:28 pm »

I'll try the wall building next turn, doing both at the same time might seriously decrease the chances of success.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2008, 02:04:31 pm »

We'll build a proper wall out of stone blocks later. The moat should make us harder to ambush, and if we get berserk carp in it, well...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2008, 02:12:43 pm »

Yeah, until we get attacked and dragged into the moat...

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2008, 02:21:14 pm »

Just stay away from the moat! If you need to approach it, try to regain control of them from a safe distance. The moat will be enough for now, .anyway

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2008, 02:34:25 pm »

AAARGH! Had half the rolls and closed the reply tab by accident. Rolls coming up now.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2008, 02:34:52 pm »

Yes, that is annoying

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2008, 02:36:52 pm »

Roll them in a Word document. It's easy to recover.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2008, 03:16:11 pm »

Banzayatc: I continue conjuring the elemental. If I complete it, I order it to kill the wasp.
7 -1 (no skill in making NPCs) -2 (elementals [even cat sized ones] are especially hard) = 4
Banzayatc tries hard to finish off his elemental but fails completely. The elemental does become complete but is 1/3 as tough. It is the size of a mouse. It has +2 to fire and heat mind powers. Fires started by it don't go out until it dies. It likes this new world and attempting to dismiss it but failing will make it hostile. (Before I lost the rolls he made a monster. Be thankful :P).

Kashyyk: I butcher the jaguar
8 + 1 = 9
Kashyyk soon butchers the jaguar into 10 days food. There are 6 stakes, 2 sausages, 2 hams for each player. Until cooked/salted/otherwise prepared the food is inedible. He also saves all the bones and the skull.

Fenrir: I fully heal Jay's wounds.
5 + 1 = 6
Fenrir tries to heal Jay. He succeeds partly and only seals up the wound. There will be no infection and the bleeding has stopped but the skull is still punctured on the inside.

webadict: I practice my mind healing powers by using them on the jaguar's corpse. Or whatever is left of it.
8 = 8
Webadict attempts to learn healing on the bones of the Jaguar and gains a rudimentary understanding of how bones work. +1 to healing injuries to bones or modifying bones.

Jay Kayell: I use my powers to create a 2m wide moat around the outer edge of the clearing.
8 – 1 (no skill in kinetics) = 7
Jay digs a 2m wide moat around the circular camp. He piles the dirt in heaps inside. The moat is 2 m deep. Nothing can go in or out of the clearing without flying or jumping./i]

Element: Attacks the wasp by trying to set it on fire
4 = 4 CTH
7 + 2 (wasps are small and fast) = 9
The elemental attacks the wasp but misses.

Wasp
8 + 2 (Wasp is angry at being attacked constantly) = 10 Attacks?
3 = 3 CTH
8 = 8 Dodge
The wasp is still relentlessly attacking Banzayatc who again dodges it.

More animals?
9 = 9 (Settling is tougher than it looks ;))
In digging the moat Jay discovered a large anaconda hanging from a tree. It jumps down from the tree onto him taking him by surprise. It wraps its entire 20 feet around him and starts squeezing. Jay  has 3 broken ribs and is suffocating. Next turn rolls start for his survival. As the snake is wrapped around him its attacks cannot miss.

Fenrir: Mind Powers Healing +1, Strength: +3 (+2, +1), has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH [chance to hit]), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH), has 1 hammer (+1 to crafting using a hammer).

Banzayatc: +3 mind powers forces, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH). In control of the mouse sized fire elemental.

Webadict: +3 mind powers kinetic, +1 to sensing geological formations, +1 to healing or modifying bones, has 1 rapier (+1 to damage, +2 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH). +2 to severing jaw controlling nerves of mammals.

Jay Kayell: +3 mind power forces, +1 CTH with mind forces, Can extract energy from plants, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH). Punctured skull (painful).

Kashyyk: +1 sense, +1 Mind powers kinetic, +1 CTH, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH, +2 against flesh and bone, can shatter into shards against hard stuff like rock), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH). +1 to butchering animals.

Wasp: An average wasp.

Anaconda: Wrapped around Jay.

Fire elemental: Has +2 to fire and heat mind powers. Fires started by it don't go out until its death (dismissing it doesn't count as death, neither does it running off into the jungle). Attempting to dismiss it but failing results in it becoming hostile.

Everybody has enough food for 6 turns, enough raw food for 10 turns and enough water for 4. Each player is also wearing a shirt, belt with place for dagger and machete, long pants, socks, leather boots and has a quantum backpack.

The group find themselves in a slight clearing about 8m in radius. The other 2m is a 2m deep moat. There is a pile of freshly cut saplings in the middle. There is a mouse sized fire elemental in the middle.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 6 - Anaconda!
« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2008, 03:25:36 pm »

I order my faithful elemental to attack the snake. After that I throw a fireball at the wasp.

In cooperation with my faithful elemental, I attack the wasp (by throwing a fireball at it).

That's one action or two?

Btw, if that elemental really likes the new world, maybe I could persuade him to serve me even after it loses my control, for some sort of payment (like feeding it with tree logs from time to time).
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 04:10:44 pm by Banzayatc »

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2008, 03:26:32 pm »

Aw, man! Jay, quit messing around with the wildlife!

I use my powers of healing to weaken the snake's muscles.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2008, 03:35:20 pm »

That's one action or two?
One, ordering the elemental is not an action. The elemental may also do one action.

EDIT: Typo

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2008, 03:54:42 pm »

Will creatures have to roll to jump the moat?

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2008, 03:57:39 pm »

Will creatures have to roll to jump the moat?
Yes, some will autofail. The snake that attacked Jay jumped him before the moat was done.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2008, 04:02:53 pm »

That is good. Perhaps now we will get some respite from these constant animal attacks, and we will be able to focus on the fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39