Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39

Author Topic: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Epilouge - Kashyyk won!  (Read 63740 times)

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 4 - Ambush!
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2008, 11:47:56 am »

Banzayatc: If jaguar isn't dead, I summon a fire elemental to deal with it. Not very large elemental, cat-size will do, I think.
8 -1 (no skill in making NPCs) -2 (elementals [even cat sized ones] are especially hard compared to something simple like a zombie from a corpse) = 5
Banzayatc concentrates hard on creating a fire elemental. He partially succeeds, there is a flickering of flame about a third the size of a cat but it needs more work to become complete.

Fenrir: I attempt to stop Jay's bleeding.
6 + 1 (skill) = 7
Fenrir reaches out with his mind to Jay and manages to temporary seal the bleeding vessels. But it's not permanent and he still has a 4 small puncture holes in his skull.

Jay Kayell: I fry the jaguar's brain with electricity. If it's already dead I cauterize my wounds with a small fire. If I am no longer bleeding and the jaguar is dead I practice my powers by melting more rocks, hopefully finding one with metal in it.
11 + 1 = 12 CTH
4 = 4 Dodge
7 + 3 = 10 Effect
Jay, though bleeding and in pain concentrates hard and sends a bolt of electricity straight into Jaguar's skull. With a massive shock the delicate neurons are killed and the nerves fried. It collapses dead. Because it's body is unharmed +1 to re-animating it as a zombie.

Webadict: I use my kinetic powers to keep the jaguar's mouth open, thereby, giving someone a chance to kill the jaguar without Jay's brain being pierced.
10 +3 = 13 (You wasted a 13 on holding open a corpse's mouth!)
Webadict also affected the Jaguar, forcing its jaw open so that it has no attack. This is pointless as it's already dead but still would have helped a lot. He also learns a lot about the nerves that control the jaw. +2 to removing any mammal's bite attack by severing the correct nerves.

Kashyyk: I hack at the Jaguar with my Machete of +1ness!
8 +1 (machete) +2 (sharp blade) = 11
Kashyyk also stormed the Jaguar to help but arrives to late to help. He does however notice a bit about the Jaguar's shape and other animals shapes in general. +1 to butchering animals.

Wasp attack
6 = 6
8 = 8
The wasp charges Banzayatc but Banzayatc dodges it.

Further attacks. (This is going to keep rolling. You don't want to know what I've got planned for a 12.)
5 = 5
Nothing much happens.

Fenrir: Mind Powers Healing +1, Strength: +3 (+2, +1), has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH [chance to hit]), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH), has 1 hammer (+1 to crafting using a hammer).

Banzayatc: +3 mind powers forces, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH). Has a fire elemental 1/3 done.

Webadict: +3 mind powers kinetic, +1 to sensing geological formations, has 1 rapier (+1 to damage, +2 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH). +2 to severing jaw controlling nerves of mammals.

Jay Kayell: +3 mind power forces, +1 CTH with mind forces, Can extract energy from plants, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH). Punctured skull (painful), temporary bleeding block (Rolling whether it holds start next turn).

Kashyyk: +1 sense, +1 Mind powers kinetic, +1 CTH, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH, +2 against flesh and bone, can shatter into shards against hard stuff like rock), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH). +1 to butchering animals.

Wasp: An average wasp.

Everybody has enough food for 7 turns and enough water for 5. Each player is also wearing a shirt, belt with place for dagger and machete, long pants, socks, leather boots and has a quantum backpack.

The group find themselves in a slight clearing about 10m in radius. There is a pile of freshly cut saplings in the middle. At the North is a Jaguar corpse and a splattering of blood.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 5 - The wasp is still alive!
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2008, 11:50:46 am »

I continue conjuring the elemental. If I complete it, I order it to kill the wasp.

Hopefully I'll train summoning doing this.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 11:55:58 am by Banzayatc »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2008, 12:01:40 pm »

I butcher the jaguar

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2008, 12:05:02 pm »

I fully heal Jay's wounds.

I don't think we need to say whether we intend to train our skills or not. Just using them should train them on a high roll.

It looks as though the palisade isn't getting erected any time soon, and we need protection now. Jay, as soon as you feel up to it, start using your mind powers to dig a moat around the clearing.

As soon as Jay is healed, I'll get to work on building us a shelter.

You be careful with your summoning, Banzayatc. We don't need a rampaging fire-elemental on our hands. Sure, it's little now, but who knows what will happen on a low roll?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2008, 12:06:37 pm »

or a high one

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2008, 12:10:23 pm »

On I high roll it will be fully under my control, I think. On a low one... Well, this is the reason I'm summoning a little elemental: less chance to have a low roll and it will be easier to kill if it attacks us.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2008, 12:13:57 pm »

I forgot that there was no Overshot in this RTD.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2008, 12:17:33 pm »

I practice my mind healing powers by using them on the jaguar's corpse. Or whatever's left of it.

And that 13 is fairly useful, seeing as how I can now keep animals from attacking others. Particularly zombies.

And I would practice on Jay, but I wouldn't want to accidentally kill him.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2008, 12:19:06 pm »

probably the only thing that i don't like much in this RTD :( (i mean overshots)
but still it seem very good. keep the good work, players and GM.
(to players: ignore the GM and build a huge fortress )

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2008, 12:25:50 pm »

Note: When creating NPCs like zombies or elementals you have to roll each turn for them to stay under your control. Things like elementals are neutral once out of your control but if you retake control of them they become hostile when again lost control of. Enemies or ex-enemies controlled are always hostile when lost control of. The rolls will not be the normal 2d6 but instead roll a 1d10 and is lost control of if it's higher than 8. This makes them short term use only (otherwise players could take the time to build up a massive army and then simply destroy everything in their path).

EDIT:
probably the only thing that i don't like much in this RTD :( (i mean overshots)
There are overshots, just more balanced ones. High-rolls trigger other actions as well as low rolls.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 12:29:16 pm by Martian »

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2008, 12:29:03 pm »

I gues I'll have to dismiss it once it served it's purpose, then.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2008, 12:30:21 pm »

I warned you!  But did you listen to me?  Oh, no, you knew it all, didn't you?  Oh, it's just a harmless little fire-elemental, isn't it?  Well, it's always the same,  I always tell them!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2008, 12:31:23 pm »

what you should do is summoning a bigger elemental to deal with the old one.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2008, 12:32:56 pm »

No, stop summoning things that could kill us and get digging! We need a moat, then we need to start digging lodgings.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2008, 12:35:34 pm »

No, stop summoning things that could kill us and get digging! We need a moat, then we need to start digging lodgings.
Note: Large cats can jump. Easily over a metre wide moat.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39