Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39

Author Topic: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Epilouge - Kashyyk won!  (Read 63621 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 38 - Flight!
« Reply #540 on: December 16, 2008, 07:00:05 pm »

I won't be out for a couple of turns.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 18, 2008, 09:11:52 am »

Webadict: I follow the lines out of the maze!
Webadict runs, with the two severed hands still clutching at him. He runs forward a long time and after a while turns right. He runs awhile then turns right again and comes to another choice. He is in the stem of a t-shape again. He can go left following the chalk lines into a turn or right into another corridor.

Jay Kayell: I use my powers to flash-freeze the area near me.
10 +3 = 13
Jay unleashes a blistering torrent of cold on the surrounding area. Soon he has frozen and killed every living thing near him and formed massive icicles. He is now is a 6m wide frozen circle covered in ice and frost. Everything inside except him is dead. He also accidentally makes it so that the cold will never stop, leaving the area at -10 Celsius permanently.

Kashyyk: I prepare myself for pulling the maze entrance down ontop of the 6 noble figures, after webadict leaves.
9 = 9
Kashyyk prepares for the effort needed to collapse the massive stone entrance. He gets +2 to a roll doing that next turn.

Noble Figures: Follow Webadict.
The noble figures follow Webadict, remaining close behind him.

Severed hand A: Remove the gauntlet.
6 = 6
The first severed hand start pulling at Webadict's gauntlet, trying to remove it. It manages to expose a slit between the gauntlet and bracers.

Counter-Attack:
9 = 9
Webadict swings his sword. The hand makes no attempt to dodge. He slices the two smallest fingers off. These fall to the floor. -2 to any action.

Severed hand B: Gouge Webadict's eye.
3 = 3
The second severed hand moves it's fingers over Webadict's face. It tries to gouge his eye but only succeeds in sliding down to Webadict's chin.

Counter-Attack:
9 = 9
Webadict slices at the second hand with his sword.  He manages to remove the tips of the three middle the fingers. The tips fall to the floor. -2 to any actions.

Stats:

Webadict:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jay Kayell:

Kashyyk:

Supplies:

NPCs:

Their base camp is in a slight clearing about 8m in radius. The other 2m is a 2m deep moat full of water walled off by an impure glasslike wall 3m high. At the South there is a large hole and the moat is filled with dirt. The hole is walled off with a gate of resiliently planted saplings trunks. Inside is a downwards staircase leading to a rock door.

Inside is a steel corridor that turns right. It is dimly lit by glowing orbs. There is a line drawn in white chalk on the floor leading into the maze. There is a line in blue crayon leading into the maze. At the end of the right turn the corridor continues and also turns right again. The white line follows the right turn. The blue crayon also follows the right turn. On the floor is a large-ish fire burning on the steel.

Jay is a turns travel northwards of their base camp. He is in a 6m ice circle that is permanently cold. He is feeling cold himself.

Kashyyk is outside the base camp.

Webadict is in a corridor which turns right or left. The chalk trails go left./i]

Map of the maze:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 09:22:35 am by Martian »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 18, 2008, 09:47:25 am »

I follow the chalk lines out of the maze!!!

Stupid hands! I can't dodge something that's still attached to me! Dang it...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 18, 2008, 02:28:21 pm »

If webadict comes out of the maze this turn I pull down the tunnel once he is clear. If not, I continue to prepare.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 18, 2008, 03:20:21 pm »

I take up a position outside the gate where I have a clear view of the entrance to the maze.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 20, 2008, 03:14:16 pm »

Webadict: I follow the chalk lines out of the maze!!!
Webadict follows the chalk lines left. Soon he takes a left turn and sees the exit. He quickly climbs up and is standing at the entrance of the maze.

Kashyyk: If webadict comes out of the maze this turn I pull down the tunnel once he is clear. If not, I continue to prepare.
5 +2 (preparation) +1 (skill) = 8
Kashyyk uses his mind powers to collapse the entrance. He succeeds and manages to collapse the stone staircase and pile the exit full of rubble. The exit is now blocked with rubble.

Jay Kayell: I take up a position outside the gate where I have a clear view of the entrance to the maze.

Jay walks back until he is once again at the drawbridge. He has a clear view of the entrance.

Noble Figures: Follow Webadict.
The noble figures follow webadict's trail and come to the blocked exit.

Severed hand A: Pull at the gauntlet.
6 -2 (Severed fingers) = 4
The severed hand tries to remove Webadict's gauntlet but fails.

Counter-Attack:
9 = 9
Webadict slashes at the hand. He severs all the fingers but the thumb (can't grip anything). It falls to the floor. Webadict notices the fingers aren't moving.

Severed hand B: Climb back up to Webadict's face.
The second severed hand climbs back up to eye level.

Stats:

Webadict:

Jay Kayell:

Kashyyk:

Supplies:

NPCs:

Their base camp is in a slight clearing about 8m in radius. The other 2m is a 2m deep moat full of water walled off by an impure glasslike wall 3m high. At the South there is a large hole and the moat is filled with dirt. The hole is walled off with a gate of resiliently planted saplings trunks. Inside is a downwards staircase leading to a rock door.

Inside is a steel corridor that turns right. It is dimly lit by glowing orbs. There is a line drawn in white chalk on the floor leading into the maze. There is a line in blue crayon leading into the maze. At the end of the right turn the corridor continues and also turns right again. The white line follows the right turn. The blue crayon also follows the right turn. On the floor is a large-ish fire burning on the steel.

Jay is outside the base camp.

Webadict is standing at the blocked entrance to the maze.

Map of the maze:

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 39 - The way is shut!
« Reply #546 on: December 20, 2008, 05:24:06 pm »

I use my powers to rinse my root clear of mud.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 20, 2008, 08:50:06 pm »

I use my mind powers to remove the hand from my face.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 22, 2008, 02:42:28 pm »

Kashyyk still hasn't posted his action. If he hasn't posted it in 36 hours he will have to be skipped.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 23, 2008, 04:34:50 pm »

sorry im here

I use my crushing skill to break the bones in both severed hands.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 24, 2008, 02:48:49 am »

Jay Kayell: I use my powers to rinse my root clear of mud.
3 +3(skill) = 6
Jay washes out the mud from his root with his mind powers.

Webadict: I use my mind powers to remove the hand from my face.
6 +3 = 9
Webadict pulls the hand off his face and smashes it hard into the ground.

Kashyyk: I use my crushing skill to break the bones in [You can only target one hand at a time]
3 +3 = 6
Kashyyk tries to crush the hand on Webadict's face, but only succeeds in cracking the bones.

Noble Figures A-E: Dig their way upwards.
The noble figures start digging at the blocked entrance. They move the rubble at an inhuman pace. Soon they are only blocked by one large slab. They smash it into bits with hard blows, mangling their knuckle bones in the process.

Noble Figure F: Control the severed finger parts:
Suddenly all the severed finger bits lift up along with the first severed hand. They fly straight at Jay's face, aiming for the eyes.
9 = 9 CTH
9 = 9 Dodge
Jay manages to dodge the swarm of finger bits.

Stats:

Webadict:

Jay Kayell:

Kashyyk:

Supplies:

NPCs:

Webadict is standing at the entrance to the maze.

Map of the maze:

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 40 - Swarms of severed fingers!
« Reply #551 on: December 24, 2008, 12:12:34 pm »

I throw the Adamant Throwing Knife at the Nobles!

I think Adamantine is their weakness!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 24, 2008, 04:24:18 pm »

I use my crushing skill to lock the lead figure's joints together, stopping it from moving and hopefully blocking the way for the others.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 24, 2008, 06:42:58 pm »

I use my powers to freeze the severed hand and fingers that attacked me.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 26, 2008, 09:54:52 am »

Webadict: I throw the Adamant Throwing Knife at the Nobles!
5 = 5
Webadict throws the throwing knife at the Noble figures who don't dodge or move. The blade hits him between the eyes and starts smoking. Soon the area around it is charred, but the first noble figures doesn't seem to notice or mind it. The blade then pulls out and flies back into Webadict's hand.

Kashyyk: I use my crushing skill to lock the lead figure's joints together, stopping it from moving and hopefully blocking the way for the others.
7 + 3 = 10
With a grinding sound Kashyyk pushes the leaders joints together so they can't move. With a horrible sound the figure continues to move unaffected, mangling the joints pushed together.

Jay Kayell: I use my powers to freeze the severed hand and fingers that attacked me.
6 +3 = 9
Jay uses his power to freeze the finger swarm. They become black and covered with frost. Otherwise there seems to be no effect.

Finger Swarm: Attack Jay.
6 = 6 CTH
6 = 6 Dodge
The finger bits swarm Jay again and he dodges them again.

Noble Figure A: Grab Jay (He has the lowest dodge) by the neck and twist.

5 = 5 CTH
6 = 6 Dodge
The first Noble figure attacks Jay but he manages to dodge.

Noble Figure B: Grab Jay by the neck and twist.

6 =6 CTH
7 = 7 Dodge
Jay also manages to dodge the second figure.

Noble Figure C: Grab Jay by the neck and twist.
5 = 5 CTH
10 = 10 Dodge
Jay again dodges successfully.

Noble Figure D: Grab Jay by the neck and twist.
9 = 9 CTH
10 = 10 Dodge
In a display of sheer agility Jay dodges the fourth noble figure.

Noble Figure E:
7 = 7 CTH
9 = 9 Dodge
Through either amazing luck or skill Jay is still avoiding the Noble Figures and dodges the fifth one.

Noble Figure F:
5 = 5 CTH
8 = 8 Dodge
Amazingly, Jay once again dodges the attack successfully.

Suddenly they notice something. The black pebble that Webadict left in the maze comes floating out of the entrance. The evil voice for once doesn't start off with laughter: “I was hoping you would explore the maze and find my prison. I was hoping in your greed you would attempt to steal my treasures and so release me. But I think after this you'll want to stay as far out of the maze as you can.

So I'll make a deal with you. I will destroy these terrors for you if you will release me from my prison. I will guide you to my prison at the end of the maze, all you have to do to release me is open my coffin. Would you rather lose a companion or go on a simple quest?”

Stats:

Webadict:

Jay Kayell:

Kashyyk:

Supplies:

NPCs:

Webadict is standing at the entrance to the maze.

Map of the maze:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39