Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39

Author Topic: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Epilouge - Kashyyk won!  (Read 63626 times)

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 35 - First wound in the duel!
« Reply #525 on: December 12, 2008, 03:09:51 pm »

Kashyyk: I attack the local flora/fauna, with my new crushing skill.
9 + 2 = 11
Kashyyk crushes a few plants and insects. Soon he gets much more accurate. +1 CTH with mind powers kinetic.

Jay Kayell: I try to get better at sneaking and hiding.

2 = 2
Jay tries to sneak near the gate, but instead trips and falls into the moat. He muddies his root making it useless without a proper cleaning.

Webadict: I throw the Adamant Throwing Knife at Dwarfaholic again!
9 = 9 CTH
7 +2 (Skill) +2 (Gem) = 11 Dodge
Webadict quickly throws the adamant throwing knife at Dwarfaholic. He again ducks aside.

2 = 2 CTH
3 +2 (skill) +2 (gem) = 7 Dodge
The knife turns around and comes back again. Dwarfaholic easily ducks it.

Dwarfaholic: I do the combo.

Machete:
3 -1(Machete) = 2 CTH
3 -1 (ribs) = 2 Dodge
Dwarfaholic again does his combo. Webadict manages to duck the machete.

Mind Powers:
7 = 7 CTH
10 +2 (Gem) -1 (ribs)= 11 Dodge
Webadict also easily dodges the mind powers part.

Counter-Attack:
10 = 10 CTH
2 +2 (Skill) +2 (Gem) = 6
12 + 6(Adamant longsword) [capped] = 9
Webadict lashes out with his adamant sword. Dwarfaholic tries to dive out of the way, aided by his gem and skill. But he is to slow. The sword's razor sharp edge slices through him like a knife through butter. The blood makes the cyan colour flicker and glow.

Dwarfaholic hits the floor with a thump. His twisting dive had partially succeeded, most of him had avoided damage. The blade had slashed him sideways from the edge of the neck (narrowly missing the major arteries there) across the right shoulder and the top of his ribcage Unfortunately, he had a major shoulder artery severed along with part of the bone and muscle of the shoulder (massive bleeding, rolls for survival start next turn; one arm unusable). The edge of his lung was also nicked (lung filling with blood, -1 to survival roll each turn). The moment before the wound starts to bleed profusely Webadict can see that the blade had cut the bone of the ribs and shoulder as easily as it had the flesh.

Stats:

Webadict:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jay Kayell:

Kashyyk:

Dwarfaholic:

Supplies:

Their base camp is in a slight clearing about 8m in radius. The other 2m is a 2m deep moat full of water walled off by an impure glasslike wall 3m high. At the South there is a large hole and the moat is filled with dirt. The hole is walled off with a gate of resiliently planted saplings trunks. Inside is a downwards staircase leading to a rock door.

Inside is a steel corridor that turns right. It is dimly lit by glowing orbs. There is a line drawn in white chalk on the floor leading into the maze. There is a line in blue crayon leading into the maze. At the end of the right turn the corridor continues and also turns right again. The white line follows the right turn. The blue crayon also follows the right turn. On the floor is a large-ish fire burning on the steel.

Jay is in the base camp.

Kashyyk is outside the base camp.

Webadict is in a dead end with a small barred door next to Dwarfaholic. Dwarfaholic is lying on the floor in a pool of blood.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 04:01:13 pm by Martian »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 36 - Mortal Wound!
« Reply #526 on: December 12, 2008, 04:08:31 pm »

FOR CHEEETAR!!!

I land the killing blow on Dwarfaholic with my Adamant Longsword!

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #527 on: December 12, 2008, 04:18:48 pm »

NO! This cannot be!

I throw my daggers at webadict with my other hand.

I focus my mind powers on webadict, seeking to sever or heavily damage his sword arm.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 05:42:57 am by Dwarfaholic »

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 12, 2008, 05:19:59 pm »

I use my powers to refill my water supplies.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 14, 2008, 03:33:31 pm »

Kashyyk still hasn't posted his action. If he hasn't sent it within the next 24 hours I'm going to have to skip him.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 16, 2008, 09:05:28 am »

Webadict: I land the killing blow on Dwarfaholic with my Adamant Longsword!
5 = 5 CTH
7 +2 (Skill) +2 (Gem) = 11 Dodge
Webadict tries to finish Dwarfaholic off, but misses.

Dwarfaholic: I focus my mind powers on webadict, seeking to sever or heavily damage his sword arm.
5 = 5 CTH
9 +2 (Gem) -1 (ribs) = 10
Dwarfaholic sends a fiery blast at webadict, aimed straight at his sword arm. But webadict ducks. Webadict then counter-attacks.
5 = 5 CTH
4 +2 (skill) +2(gem) = 8 dodge
Dwarfaholic easily dodges the counter-attack.

Jay Kayell: I use my powers to refill my water supplies.

6 +3 (skill) = 9
Jay quickly fills up his water supplies with water from the ground.

Kashyyk: Take a nap.
Kashyyk feels very tired and takes a nice nap.

Dwarfaholic Survives?

5 -1 (blood filled lung) = 4
Dwarfaholic coughs up blood and dies. He drops his backpack, filled with his entire inventory. Webadict picks up his treasure and now has 50%. [The treasure slowing you down rule has been removed.]

Suddenly he hears the familiar cold chuckle again from the stone. This time however it continues with cruel supercilious laughter until Webadict is thoroughly spooked. “You think you have won. Ignorance, that battle was only for entertainment. Prepare, not to die, but suffer a fate much worse than death. Your shiny toys are useless against these foes.”

Then the heavy bolts locking the door fell on the floor. The 1 metre thick steel door swung open to reveal 6 noble figures lying on stone slabs. They wore simple clothes, each with a stab wound over the heart. They were clearly dead. The problem was that they were standing up. They walked over to the door and stood in front of Webadict. Their faces showed no expression and they seemed very dead, but not rotting.

“Run faster than ever before if you want to enjoy the rest of you existence. These will follow you to the ends of the earth and beyond. They cannot starve or tire or drown. They will simply chase you until you die of thirst, because if you stop to drink they will catch you. If you fight you will be captured by them because they cannot be defeated by a mere 3. They could kill 300 if they were armed and armoured. Your armour is useless. Your weapons can do them no serious harm.

I did not make them. I merely unleashed them. Neither do I control them. They will be satisfied with capturing only one humanoid. Dead or alive does not matter. They will take the first they capture and then leave. I suggest you ponder this as you run. You can just keep ahead of them if you run now.”

Dwarfaholic's backpack floats up and lands neatly inside Webadict's. Webadict also finds a map of the maze inside his backpack. “To give you a sporting chance.” said the evil voice.

Stats:

Webadict:

Jay Kayell:

Kashyyk:

Supplies:

Their base camp is in a slight clearing about 8m in radius. The other 2m is a 2m deep moat full of water walled off by an impure glasslike wall 3m high. At the South there is a large hole and the moat is filled with dirt. The hole is walled off with a gate of resiliently planted saplings trunks. Inside is a downwards staircase leading to a rock door.

Inside is a steel corridor that turns right. It is dimly lit by glowing orbs. There is a line drawn in white chalk on the floor leading into the maze. There is a line in blue crayon leading into the maze. At the end of the right turn the corridor continues and also turns right again. The white line follows the right turn. The blue crayon also follows the right turn. On the floor is a large-ish fire burning on the steel.

Jay is in the base camp.

Webadict is in a dead end with a small door next to Dwarfaholic's corpse. Dwarfaholic's corpse is lying on the floor in a pool of blood. Next to him are standing 6 unarmed dead noble looking men.

EDIT: The map of the maze.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 10:27:00 am by Martian »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 37 - Dwarfaholic is dead!
« Reply #531 on: December 16, 2008, 10:36:12 am »

Oh... dang...

I run for my life out of that maze!!!

Guys... I think fire might be their weakness, but I have no proficiencies in it. HELP!!!!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 16, 2008, 12:34:02 pm »

I shall crush and brake their bones, that should slow them down.
I crush large branches and small logs, to practice for destroying bones

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 16, 2008, 01:41:43 pm »

webadict, you have a +2 to fire attacks because of the red gem you just picked up. Also they want one "humanoid", let's find a monkey!

I run into the jungle.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 16, 2008, 01:44:41 pm »

webadict, you have a +2 to fire attacks because of the red gem you just picked up. Also they want one "humanoid", let's find a monkey!
Oh right... Still doesn't help since there are 6 of them... I'd rather it be 3 on 6 than 1 on 6.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 16, 2008, 02:36:25 pm »

Also they want one "humanoid", let's find a monkey!
With humanoid was meant something like a Goblin, Elf, Orc, Dwarf etc. Not monkeys.

EDIT: Also, rolls coming up now.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 16, 2008, 03:33:41 pm »

Evil Voice: Burn Dwarfaholics corpse to ashes.
In a huge gust of flames Dwarfaholic's corpse is burned ashes which float away on the hot air.

Webadict: I run for my life out of that maze!!!
Webadict turns and runs out of the winding corridor. The evil voice laughs “Fire is close to useless, nerve severing is useless, swords are close to useless and crushing is also close to useless.”

Noble figure A: Grab Webadict's foot

7 = 7 CTH
5 +2 (gem) = 7 Dodge
Webadict starts to run as the first figure grabs at his foot and barely misses.

Counter-Attack:
3 +6 (longsword) = 9
Webadict slashed out at the noble figure with his longsword. It makes no attempt to dodge, simply standing there. The blade slices cleanly across his arm, chest and hip. The arm is sliced off and the torso severed in half. There is some blood but otherwise nothing happens. The arm floats in place and the two halves don't separate. The face remains expressionless.

Noble figure B: Grab Webadict's other foot.
4 = 4 CTH
9 +2 (gem) = 11 Dodge
The second figure grabs at his other foot but is evaded.

Counter-Attack:
6 +6 (longsword) [capped] = 9
Webadict slashes out at the second figure. He neatly stabs it straight through the head. It's a perfect blow, going in at the left eye and coming out the back. The figure doesn't flinch.

Noble figure C: Grab Webadict's hand.
8 = 8 CTH
3 + 2(gem) = 5 Dodge
The third figure manages to grab Webadict's hand. Suddenly there is a huge amount of smoke. The figure's flesh is charring where it's touching the adamant armour. The flesh next to the gauntlet is burned to a crisp, but it doesn't let go or soften its vice like grip.

Counter-Attack:
7 +6 (longsword) [capped] = 9
Webadict counter-attacks, slicing the charred hand off at the wrist. The hand is still gripping vicelike but is no longer attached to the figure.

Noble figure D: Grab Webadict's other hand

6 = 6 CTH
5 +2 (gem) = 7 Dodge
Webadict evades another noble figure going for his other hand.

5 +6(longsword) [capped] = 9
He slashes at it with his longsword and removes both legs at the knees. Nothing happens, the rest of the figure remains upright, floating above its severed knees. Webadict also gains more skill with the longsword and will always roll a 9 for damage with it.

Noble figure E: Grab Webadict's face.
11 = 11 CTH
7 +2 (gem) = 9 Dodge
The fifth figure grabs Webadict by the face with his hand.

Counter-Attack:
9(skill) = 9
Webadict slices at the hand, severing it. The hand remains clutching to his face like a large spider. The fingers charred where it touched the helmet. Again the figure shows no reaction.

Noble figure F: Grab Webadict by the throat.
8 = 8 CTH
11 +2 (gem) = 13 Dodge
Webadict manages to dodge the last figure.

Counter-Attack:
9 = 9
Webadict slashes at the last noble figure with his sword. He completely slashes it in half vertically. Both halves stay together. Blood pours out from the halves and then stops.

He starts running away and is soon ahead of them. But the two hands are still clutching at him. The one on his wrist can't do any damage through the gaunlet, though if he wasn't wearing it his bones would have been crushed. The one on his face is however not completely blocked by armour.

Running with the hands clutching at his webadict soons comes to a choice. He can go forwards, following the blue and white chalk lines out. Or he can right towards a right turn and a dead end with a fountain.

Kashyyk: I crush large branches and small logs, to practice for destroying bones

7 = 7 Kashyyk soon crushes more plants and gets better. +1 to crushing things.

Jay Kayell: I run into the jungle.

Jay runs deep into the jungle. He is soon a turn's travel northwards from their base camp.

Stats:

Webadict:

Jay Kayell:

Kashyyk:

Supplies:

NPCs:

Jay is a turns travel northwards of their base camp.

Webadict is in a corridor which turns right or goes forward. He has two hands clinging to him. Chasing him are six noble figures.

EDIT: The map of the maze.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 38 - Flight!
« Reply #537 on: December 16, 2008, 03:41:48 pm »

Dang... that's a lot of counter attacks.

I follow the lines out of the maze!

Everyone get ready to fight!

And don't worry... I have an idea!

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 16, 2008, 03:43:00 pm »

I use my powers to flash-freeze the area near me.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 16, 2008, 06:23:10 pm »

I prepare myself for pulling the maze entrance down ontop of the 6 noble figures, after webadict leaves.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39