Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39

Author Topic: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Epilouge - Kashyyk won!  (Read 63706 times)

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Needs another player.
« Reply #195 on: November 15, 2008, 01:44:10 pm »

No, I think the ruins are our first priority now, so "a town burned by me" project will have to wait. Besides, maybe something in the ruins will help us build the town.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 15, 2008, 01:47:43 pm »

Do you really think that Martian made ruins that are going to help us?

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 15, 2008, 01:51:10 pm »

I think he made ruins that are going to excite us. So, I expect generous rewards as well as deadly perils.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 15, 2008, 01:55:02 pm »

We ought to have webadict sense how far down those ruins are. I want to get a small fort carved out so we can prepare ourselves for whatever is down there. Being attacked on two fronts is not a good thing, especially without better weapons.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 15, 2008, 02:00:10 pm »

Okay, so the first priority for now is creating a fort, some decent weapons, armor and a good stock of food and water.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 02:10:51 pm by Banzayatc »

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 15, 2008, 02:13:48 pm »

We ought to have webadict sense how far down those ruins are.
A few metres. It says so in the text. But the ruins aren't large and flat, you're just getting the top of a tall narrow tower.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 15, 2008, 02:15:49 pm »

We need more exact information. If it is closer then six feet, we won't have room.

EDIT: Well, by a few you "mean more than one", so that would be at least six feet, so nevermind.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 02:18:40 pm by Fenrir »

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 8 - Bobcat. Ouch.
« Reply #202 on: November 15, 2008, 02:18:50 pm »

I think "a few meters" means at least 3 metres, which is much (well, not really that much) more than 6 feet.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 15, 2008, 02:20:16 pm »

Yes, I realized that while you were posting. We're waiting for webadict now. Right?

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 15, 2008, 02:21:48 pm »

Yes.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 04:04:16 pm by Banzayatc »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2008, 09:32:35 pm »

Sorry. I was busy today. Weekend's aren't my forte.

I give my dagger to  Banzayatc and fix Jay's injuries

EDITTED
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 09:38:22 pm by webadict »

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 15, 2008, 09:33:38 pm »

Passing inventory items doesn't take an action, webadict. You can do something else at the same time.

EDIT: Oh ‼carp‼! I just remembered something. If I don't post for a few days during Thanksgiving weekend, take solace in that I am suffering greater torment than you.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 09:36:28 pm by Fenrir »

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 16, 2008, 04:04:38 am »

If I don't post for a few days during Thanksgiving weekend, take solace in that I am suffering greater torment than you.
I wouldn't say that if I knew what I have planned for the next turn. Rolls coming up in a while.

EDIT: Made a horrible grammar mistake.

EDIT2: Here are the rolls.

Kashyyk: I butcher the Anaconda chunks and the Ex-undead Crocodile. I also hand Banzayatc my Dagger.
8 + 1 (skill) = 9
Kashyyk butchers the Anaconda pieces and gets some snake meat. Each player gets another turns worth of raw meat.

Jay Kayell: I build a wall around the inside of the moat. Then I give Banzayatc my machete.
9 – 1 (no skill in kinetics) = 8
Jay tries to build a wall on the inside of the moat with the dirt from the moat. Even though he has no skill in kinetics he again succeeds. All this practice is starting to pay off. He no longer has a -1 when using kinetics (but no bonus).

Banzayatc: I take some of the saplings from the pile and put them into another smaller pile. I then ask elemental to start fire on that smaller pile.

11 + 1 = 12 (thankful)
Banzayatc piles some sticks and asks the elemental very nicely to start a fire. He uses such a nice tone of voice that it agrees and lights the pile. The sticks will burn out but the flames won't stop burning even if they lie on dirt. It also says “Since you asked so nicely you must have realized how pathetic you mortals are. You seem to need my help (you also don't seem to know the full horrors of the attacks you're getting), so I'll stick around for a bit. But I am not your servant! I protect you out of pity.” which is rather cocky for something the size of a mouse.

Fenrir: I give Banzayatc my machete and hammer. I then stab the bobcat with my dagger.
6 + 1 (Dagger) = 7 CTH
8 = 8
Fenrir stabs at the bobcat with his dagger, but its too quick and he misses.

Webadict: I give my dagger to Banzayatc and fix Jay's injuries.

10 + 1 = 11
Webadict tries to fix Banzayatc's wounds and succeeds. With a crunching noise his ribs come together again and his face stops bleeding. The noise also puzzles and distracts the bobcat. -2 to its next dodge.

Fire elemental: Sets bobcats brain on fire.
8 = 8 CTH
5 – 2 = 3
6 +2 = 8
The elemental doesn't mess around and starts a fire inside the bobcats head. With a screech the bobcat rolls on the floor, smoke coming out of its ears. It then drops dead, the fire completely burning its head off and then charring the underneath grass to ash.

The group hears an evil chuckle coming out of a small black pebble in the ground. “Well done, you seem to have some powers. I considered you irritating little bugs when you camped in my clearing after having stolen my treasure and arrogant little bugs when you tried to settle. But when you destroyed a few of my servants I upgraded you to vermin. Prepare to be exterminated.

Remember your little pal, the sixth member of your group? Who dropped apparently dead (though he was only paralysed) when you entered my other clearing where my treasure was hid? By sheer luck he covered the pebble which was my window to the outside world. WHICH MADE ME UNABLE TO DEFEND MY TREASURE! Remember how you grabbed the treasure and fled, leaving him for dead? Well here he is! Only now, he obeys only me and cannot be free unless I die. In which case he dies! Since you survived my animals I consider you worth it to be killed by my new lieutenant! I shall have my treasure back and you dead! More evil laughter and then an order: “Servant, kill them and take back my treasure.”. A person who they recognize as their fallen comrade appears outside the moat (though he cannot see past the dirt wall and so affect them with mind powers.). He chooses his actions like the other players.

Fenrir: Mind Powers Healing +1, Strength: +3 (+2, +1), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH).

Banzayatc: +3 mind powers forces, has 3 machetes (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 3 daggers (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH), has 1 hammer (+1 to crafting using a hammer).

Webadict: +3 mind powers kinetic, +1 to sensing geological formations, +1 to healing or modifying bones, has 1 rapier (+1 to damage, +2 to CTH), +2 to severing jaw controlling nerves of mammals.

Jay Kayell: +3 mind power forces, +1 CTH with mind forces, Can extract energy from plants, 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH).

Kashyyk: +1 sense, +1 Mind powers kinetic, +1 CTH, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH, +2 against flesh and bone, can shatter into shards against hard stuff like rock), and a snake skin. +1 to butchering animals.

Servant Corps: [Needs to choose three +1s like the other players did at the start], has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH).

Fire elemental: Has +2 to fire and heat mind powers. Fires started by it don't go out until its death (dismissing it doesn't count as death).

Everybody has enough food for 3 turns, enough raw food for 11 turns and enough water for 2. Each player is also wearing a shirt, belt with place for dagger and machete, long pants, socks, leather boots and has a quantum backpack.

The group find themselves in a slight clearing about 8m in radius. The other 2m is a 2m deep moat full of water walled off by a dirt wall 2m high. There is a pile of freshly cut saplings in the middle. There is a small fire in the middle burning on plain dirt (the sticks are burnt out). There are Anaconda pieces to the North along with Jaguar bones and skin. There is a headless black caiman body north. There is a headless burning bobcat corpse near Jay. Outside of the moat is Servant Corps trying to kill them and take back the treasure.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 06:43:21 am by Martian »

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 9 - Get off my land!
« Reply #208 on: November 16, 2008, 08:07:37 am »

With my fire magik and elemental's fire, I smelt the weapons given to me and forge picks out of them.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 08:37:29 am by Banzayatc »

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 9 - Get off my land!
« Reply #209 on: November 16, 2008, 08:36:20 am »

I refill our water supplies with my powers.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39