Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39

Author Topic: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Epilouge - Kashyyk won!  (Read 63717 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 7 - The wasp is dead!
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2008, 07:18:14 pm »

Why is Kashyyk not posted yet!?!?

Lame! So slow! We're trying to save him too!

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2008, 07:19:37 pm »

I'm not seeing Kashyyk online.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2008, 07:35:19 pm »

Curses! If we killed him, we'd get our rolls done faster...

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2008, 07:36:50 pm »

Yes, but we can't kill him until he posts. How big is this croc?

EDIT: Nevermind. I was considering the possibility of riding it, but I don't think that would be practical no matter the size.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 07:39:04 pm by Fenrir »

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 6 - Anaconda!
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2008, 03:24:50 am »

If releasing the elemental is counted as action, I just release the elemental.
It is, but negotiating is not.

I'm going to try and tame it. Can I sing and do something else at the same time, Martian?
No, taming it is an action. But I'm going to say you need to have the crocodile restrained or captured to be able to tame it.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2008, 04:47:46 am »

Sorry, I'm here!!!
I Chop the Crocodiles head off with my Machete
Shouldn't I be getting experiance for all this combat?

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2008, 04:50:13 am »

Heh. It appears you posted your action just as martian went offline.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2008, 05:47:32 am »

Heh. It appears you posted your action just as martian went offline.
I was eating lunch. Rolling coming up now.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2008, 05:52:22 am »

I only do my action if it is still atempting to kill me.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2008, 06:29:51 am »

Shouldn't I be getting experiance for all this combat?
A few animal attacks aren't enough to get experience.

Banzayatc: I release the elemental from my control and negotiate with it, trying to recruit it.
7 -1 (no skill in controlling NPCs) = 6
Banzayatc tries to release the elemental but only partially succeeds. The elemental has +3 to its escaping roll.

Webadict: I practice my mind healing abilities on Kashyyk's leg
9 + 1 (skill) = 10
Kashyyk's leg becomes good as new and the infection is removed along with the pain.

Fenrir: I sing a song to tame the croc.
6 = 6
Fenrir sings a song to try and tame the croc but fails. However, he does manage to distract it slightly.  -1 to its dodge for the next attack.

Jay Kayell: I use my powers to freeze the caiman's heart. If the caiman is tame I try to cleanse Kashyyk's wounds with some alcohol that I'll summon forth. [Receiving the gem doesn't take a turn. Picking it up does.]
10 +1 (skill) = 11
11 – 1(distracted) = 10
4 + 3 (skill) = 7
Jay attacks the caiman with his mind powers and it dodges a fraction of a second too slow. He freezes its hearth, the cold bursting the delicate cells. It drops dead. They hear a slight rumbling coming from beneath the clearing. The crocodiles stands up again, even though its heart is destroyed. [Please imagine Toccata and Fugue in D Minor.]

Kashyyk: I Chop the Crocodiles head off with my Machete
8 + 1 (skill) = 9
7 = 7
7 +3 (machete) = 10
Kashyyk bravely rushes forward and slashes at the undead horror with his machete. He completely severs its head from the rest of the body. The body collapses but the head continues snapping its jaw. They hear evil chuckling coming from under the clearing.

Fire elemental:
6 + 3 = 9
The elemental breaks free of Banzayatc's control.

Negotiate
4 = 4
Banzayatc tries to negotiate with the elemental but it responds “What can you give me that I can't take by force? What do you have that I want?” but suddenly realizes it's surrounded by the moat and trapped in the clearing. “Let me out or die!” it screams.

More animals:
6 = 6
A bobcat suddenly appears above Jays face. They hear more evil chuckling. It catches him by surprise.
6 = 6 CTH
7 -3 (surprised) = 4
8 = 8
He doesn't manage to dodge it and it scratches his face badly. Pain, bloody face (-1 to CTH).

Fenrir: Mind Powers Healing +1, Strength: +3 (+2, +1), has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH [chance to hit]), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH), has 1 hammer (+1 to crafting using a hammer).

Banzayatc: +3 mind powers forces, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH).

Webadict: +3 mind powers kinetic, +1 to sensing geological formations, +1 to healing or modifying bones, has 1 rapier (+1 to damage, +2 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH). +2 to severing jaw controlling nerves of mammals.

Jay Kayell: +3 mind power forces, +1 CTH with mind forces, Can extract energy from plants, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH). 3 broken ribs. winded (-1 to movement), pain (5% chance of passing out), bloody face (-1 to CTH).

Kashyyk: +1 sense, +1 Mind powers kinetic, +1 CTH, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH, +2 against flesh and bone, can shatter into shards against hard stuff like rock), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH) , and a snake skin. +1 to butchering animals.

Fire elemental: Has +2 to fire and heat mind powers. Fires started by it don't go out until its death (dismissing it doesn't count as death, neither does it running off into the jungle).

Everybody has enough food for 4 turns, enough raw food for 10 turns and enough water for 3. Each player is also wearing a shirt, belt with place for dagger and machete, long pants, socks, leather boots and has a quantum backpack.

The group find themselves in a slight clearing about 8m in radius. The other 2m is a 2m deep moat full of water. There is a pile of freshly cut saplings in the middle. There is a mouse sized fire elemental in the middle screaming to be let out. There are Anaconda pieces to the North along with Jaguar bones and skin. There is a headless black caiman body north. There is a moving caiman head north. There is a bobcat near Jay.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 8 - Bobcat. Ouch.
« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2008, 06:33:54 am »

I butcher the Anaconda chunks and the Ex-undead Crocodile. I also hand Banzayatc my Dagger.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 10:41:29 am by Kashyyk »

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2008, 06:52:18 am »

I build a wall around the inside of the moat. Then I give Banzayatc my machete.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 10:46:40 am by Jay Kayell »
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2008, 07:03:13 am »

I take some of the saplings from the pile and put them into another smaller pile. I then ask elemental to start fire on that smaller pile.

I mention the fact that it was I who summoned him into this exciting new world, so he has to be thankful. I promise that I'll help him get past the moat after that fire is started.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 07:18:19 am by Banzayatc »

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2008, 08:41:00 am »

We are never going to get this fortress built at this rate. Forget the gem for now, Jay, and use the dirt from the moat to make a wall around the clearing (behind the moat of course).

I strike the bobcat with my hammer.

EDIT: I give Banzayatc my machete and hammer. I then stab the bobcat with my dagger.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 10:44:22 am by Fenrir »

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2008, 08:45:11 am »

I don't want to have my gemstone taken by some rhesus macaque passerby! So grab the gem, Jay!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39