Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25

Author Topic: Stranded II - God damnit I need two more vines.  (Read 78593 times)

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stranded II - God damnit I need two more vines.
« Reply #255 on: January 20, 2009, 11:46:34 pm »

Claw spears, and some kind of claw/teeth arrows/darts that I can't really remember. And I think you might need some for a tent, but I might be thinking hides. Nothing incredibly useful
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 20, 2009, 11:50:40 pm »

Clawspear (clever name) is claw + branch. Tents don't have claws, just hides.

Teeth, as far as I can tell, do nothing.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 20, 2009, 11:54:01 pm »

I remeber now - teeth are slingshot ammunition. Claws might be too.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 21, 2009, 12:12:23 am »

Just a question - do you know of any hazard (probably one found in the sea) that can kill you in ~1 second on the second island? My sister's usual anti-enemy tactic is to run to the coastline, and with no real weapons whatsoever, she was ill-prepared for the second Island. Upon being mobbed by various clawmonkeys, she headed into the sea with about three-quarters health. Cue her screen flashing red three times in quick succession, and she's dead. Funnily enough, she elected to prepare further on the initial island instead of messing with the pirate :D
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 21, 2009, 01:15:45 am »

There may be some fish with teeth.

Also whoever couldn't press Z to sleep... There's a "sleep" button in character screen, you click it with a mouse. I've made you to sleep on my island for purpose: while you sleep  0:00 passes and everything which is generateed is, well, generated (like jungles, monster spawns etc.).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 21, 2009, 01:23:05 am »

Just a question - do you know of any hazard (probably one found in the sea) that can kill you in ~1 second on the second island?

Glitchy sharks. For some reason they can swim through land and you can't tell they are there until it is too late. This usually wouldn't be a problem as you don't really need to go in the ocean all that often but on this island you are required to swim in the water on two separate missions (only one if you bring a fishing rod, which I was unfortunate enough to forget).

Danaru

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% Manly
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 21, 2009, 05:28:15 am »

Ironically enough, I found that the lions on the first island made an excellent food source

The Hunter becomes the Hunted.
Odd how "Experiment" in DF is often synonymous with "Raging inferno of death and dispair"

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 21, 2009, 06:03:55 am »

Just play my mod :).

In vanilla lions are pussies.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 21, 2009, 10:45:19 am »

Claws and teeth can be used as arbalest and slingshot ammo. Claws can also be used to make clawspears, which inflict bleed on any creature they hit. Thus one spear can kill a lion or raptor easy.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 21, 2009, 11:06:29 am »

must find how to make arbalest. must be interetsing

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 21, 2009, 11:08:09 am »

Which island are you on?

P.S. Arbalest is broken in unmodded game. It should have reloading time of 5 or 6 seconds at least. When it shoots like an automated rifle it has no sense.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 21, 2009, 11:22:38 am »

i finished the game. i wait for 14 days, i get tips on how to survive... and then i am back home?
bah.

also, is bamboo used for anything?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 21, 2009, 11:28:40 am »

Bamboo + machete = bolts for arbalest.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 21, 2009, 01:02:19 pm »

i finished the game. i wait for 14 days, i get tips on how to survive... and then i am back home?
bah.

also, is bamboo used for anything?

yeah, I was REAAAALLY torn about whether I wanted a super-hard island with all my previous stuff, (I had assumed I could load equipment onto the yacht like I could onto the sailraft), or whether I wanted to be dropped naked and screaming onto another island like you are on 4 again.

I mean, as long as there's trees and plants, there's water, and bark means food.  And it would have been kind of awesome to have to plant trees just to harvest their leaves to drink from.  It's just...a little too easy sometimes!  If there was no cotton and no plantable things besides trees, even vanilla would be challenging.

(Grapes and berries are so broken.  Find one bush with fifteen grapes, and in a week you have fifteen plants that can never be destroyed.  Also, berry juice restores a LOT less thirst than just eating fifteen berries, plus it weighs more...)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 21, 2009, 01:51:19 pm »

yes, berry juice isn't very good.

in the first island i found bone. can i use it for something? (don't tell me what, just yes or no)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25