Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25

Author Topic: Stranded II - God damnit I need two more vines.  (Read 78613 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Stranded II - God damnit I need two more vines.
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2008, 09:00:00 am »

The knife was added later.
Now I've uploaded the last version and I paytested it for possible bugs. I've found some (my) bugs so now it's officially 0.51 =) with fletchery.
You can build a furnace without problems and there's a new boat in "vehicles" section.
Also use the knife you find on the beach in supply crate with right mouse button! while holding it to open the fletchery menu and make some arrows/bolts.
Eagles are balanced to be killed with 1 bolt instead of 2. Happy bird hunt in the canyons =).
Some loot is fixed, i.e. spiders now drop wool on death and scorpions no longer drop poison bottles, they drop poisonous goo now (which can be used to get poison; I will add bottles later so it'll be a bit harder). Ants now drop acidic goo which works as poisonous goo (just for now, later the efect will be changed).

STRANDED 2 ISLAND QUEST custom map
Version 0.51

Download

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2008, 09:09:00 am »

Lol thanks for that, hopefully now ill be able to get somewhere also while wandering around i found the biggest spider i have ever seen  :). When you said you were going to add it as a megabeast i thought you were joking, then i ended up being split into two by the beast.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2008, 10:16:00 am »

I just want him for a quest, but the questline won't be here until I have more NPC and events (I want some complex and maybe non-linear questline but before that I need a lot of balancing and also there's a lot of stuff scheduled). Also you can find some useful stuff there (a pistol and some things like clock an map near him; they're supposed to be left from another stranded man from your ship; no more spoilers       :) ).

P.S. Beware the fish. Now the river is heavily infested by carps. Joke, pirannahs they are. If you're impatient you can swim through it fast, or you can try to find a bridge, it's the only thing the natives have done (besides the village).

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Xane

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2008, 03:06:00 pm »

Hey Deon, any chance I could use your new units in my map? I really only want to use the jungle crawler. If not, I'll just up the raptor speed for my map.

Alenth Eneil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2008, 05:29:00 pm »

Aside from Deon's mod, which I am getting now, what are the critical mods for this game?  I notice many of you are building things tht are not in vanilla(unless there is a new version out that I never heard of).

Also any map recommendations, as random maps do have that tendency to be just a long series of hills.  Or lakes.  Or rivers.

Though I have found some pretty cool areas.

PS: Am I the only one who loves giant maps because I won't really get bored with it?  If I level up a lot and get bored of the surroundings, I can keep the character and get a new experience jsut by going a few miles inland, or around the shore.  I wish that there were more times where it would generate multiple islands for you on one map...

Sometimes I just generate worlds and read all the funny names.
(|||)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 01, 2008, 03:16:00 pm »

Xane, use anything you want.
I don't take a credit for these creatures or items, I just make a map and write some scripts.

Alenth Eneil: this is why I made this map of huge size and with different biomes. I usually play in 1 biome and then move to another.

Sadly I have a uni session now and doesn't have a lot of time to spend on gaming...
I'd like to add i.e. new buildings and skills (like axemanship and marksman), but it will wait for a while.
I feel pity that the original game has just 4 skills, the skill can be made for ANY action (like in Ultima Online for example); well, we have to do it by ourselves.

[ June 01, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2009, 03:36:09 pm »

Bump necrothread etc. :).
Does anybody have a desire to play this game still?

Well, the main question: does anybody have the mod I've made? I wanted to expand it but the computer I was working on was stolen long time ago...
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Projectmayhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2009, 05:58:19 pm »

I still play it! It was this thread actually that got me playing it. I thought everyone just forgot about it and stopped making mods for it. It's good to hear you want to continue your mod, it was pretty fun.

But i just deleted your mod when i was cleaning up my computer, sorry i hope someone else still has it so you can continue it again. I will definitely dl it if you do.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2009, 06:11:25 pm »

Luckily i never delete anything. ;) http://drop.io/pqtvr2f

This is a totally awesome mod. I'm glad i was able to help.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2009, 07:54:45 pm »

just downloaded it, seem nice

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2009, 08:11:09 pm »

I can't get it to download properly on my Vista. It's telling me that the file is fully downloaded, however when I try to open it, it alternates between two error messages. The first one is that it isnt a valid file, and the second one is that it isn't fully downloaded. This puzzles me extremely since it definitely downloaded, and the file isn't corrupted or anything.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2009, 10:20:16 pm »

WAAAGH!!! IT's not lost! I even got drunk becuase I thought that rapidshare killed it... But it's still alive!
From that time I learned how to make 3d objects so I am able to make a handsome of items and machines to pilot. Sadly I have a session but in a week I'm back at modding :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2009, 10:22:10 pm »

I can't get it to download properly on my Vista. It's telling me that the file is fully downloaded, however when I try to open it, it alternates between two error messages. The first one is that it isnt a valid file, and the second one is that it isn't fully downloaded. This puzzles me extremely since it definitely downloaded, and the file isn't corrupted or anything.
I will try to upload it as zip instead of rar. Let me get  a clear head after the alcohol I drunk today (bad quarrel with a wife... you know, it's not that funny) and I'll try to help you.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2009, 12:21:19 am »

While my girlfriend was building a massive custom island, my hard drive died.

This game is still worth it.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2009, 12:39:13 am »

I will try to upload it as zip instead of rar. Let me get  a clear head after the alcohol I drunk today (bad quarrel with a wife... you know, it's not that funny) and I'll try to help you.

How many wives do you have?
I got nothing
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25