Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25

Author Topic: Stranded II - God damnit I need two more vines.  (Read 78591 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Stranded II - God damnit I need two more vines.
« Reply #135 on: May 18, 2008, 06:59:00 pm »

Aw forget I mentioned Survival: The Ultimate challenge.
Same idea as Stranded, bit more realistic in resource gathering/ staying healthy.
But Stranded is just WAAAAYYY better and more complex.
Wow this game is cool.
I had the same experience as another poster here. 1 full day of being absorbed into the game.
Actually have been looking quite some time for a nice survival game.
Reached the 2nd island pretty fast, got chased into the water by claw monkeys and was eaten by sharks.
New try. Now I'll try to stay a bit longer on the first island.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2008, 07:16:00 pm »

In that random jungle,what if you want to make a treehouse?

[ May 18, 2008: Message edited by: SHAD0Wdump ]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2008, 07:22:00 pm »

If select an appropriate type of tree you'll make it.
I also made a new version with lighter, pirannahs in the river and a bridge, and a new "carpentry" with knife (the same system as fore smithing with furnace). Plus other small things like apple trees, outrigger (boat) etc.

I'll release it when it'll have more content.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2008, 07:33:00 am »

After looking through the files i found that multiplayer could be turned on but after i set up a server i wasnt able to connect to it from my bros pc, i was trying it on deon's map (good map btw) but i couldn't figure out if it was our network because it's playing up atm or the actual multiplayer option. The reason i was trying this was because i thought it would be good to play with other people rather than on my own all the time. Anyone have any ideas?

P.S. i did check it as a multiplayer map.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2008, 10:37:00 am »

1) Thanks for your approval, I spent some valuable time to do it faster (while I have uni session... weird, I'd better learnt something) and I will upgrade it (well, I already do some tweaks, write new scripts and add new objects despite of my problems with university but it will take much more time to add all the things I want and there'll be more scripts/events/quests beside the planned because I often improvise put something new during the creation process if I find it appropriate.
2) Sadly but there's no multiplayer possibility for this engine for now.
It should be re-written for multiplayer and the developers don't do this.
I think it's just an "easter egg" for those who like to look in raw files.

There's a modification "Stranded" for Garry's Mod 10 Half-Life and it's under heavy development by some enthusiastic people, but I can't check it because I don't have a possibility to spend 10$ for it now (I'd better donate it to Toady if I had a possibility, but I'm a family man + student + gamer %)).

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2008, 01:43:00 pm »

It's a shame that there is no multiplayer because it would have been cool to play with other players. I also didn't like the models in this game which is why im trying to teach myself blender, if i get good with it then i might actually be able to make some models for stranded.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2008, 02:47:00 pm »

I can find a lot of models and can done some by myself (I made fantasy creatures for other indie games so I have some basic skills) but the problem for me  now are animations. I can spend some time and learn it, because I know it's not hard and how it works (skeleton/vertex animations on timescale was something that we made in max for university in 1st course) but I don't have a desire to do so. You know, if you want to make a good model it should take a lot of time, much more than to find a free appropriate model and use it if the author doesn't mind about it.
But I cannot find a good free animated lion (I've found some in model base for about 400-500$ for a model!) and also I have just a ninja model for humans which was made by psionic who appeared to be very generous in comparison to other modellers. I can reskin it and change some animations later, but for now I have just a fragMotion on my computer and I didn't try to learn it yet. I can just transform/retexture/merge models (as I did with furnace and native woman).
So I ended for now with vanilla weird natives and added a native woman model (it's basically made from native man model by the creators of the EXTENDED mod, I just reshaped it a bit and added some details to texture). Well, it's possible for now to make some better human models from existing ones, but it'll still take some time and I'd better add new scripts/textures/systems to the existing map, I can add models anytime later, especially if I will find it somewhere.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Grantyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2008, 08:33:00 pm »

Can I ask a question? How in the world do you make a spade or axe?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2008, 08:35:00 pm »

In this mod? Use the furnace. It shows all smithing tasks.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

GreyMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2008, 08:41:00 pm »

"How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?"
--"Man, I'd do ANYTHING for one of those. Unfortunately, all I can get my hands on are chocolate chip cookies and bread."
"Oh, right, same here. I forgot for a moment that we were stranded on an island."
t''s not illegal. The government just doesn''t want you doing it.

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2008, 08:11:00 am »

How do you make a furnace btw, ive been sitting around eating hemp for a couple of days (in game) because i couldnt figure it out.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2008, 07:03:00 pm »

Build -> production
It tells you all the ingredients.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2008, 07:29:00 am »

Im guessing that once you have built a shelter or tent then its supposed to unlock the furnace right? because ive built both and i still dont have any other options. (dont mean to be a pain btw)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2008, 07:58:00 am »

Are you sure you can't build everything from the start?
It means that I uploaded the version without unlocking script... In the current version I made everything avaliable at start. If it's not, then maybe I checked the wrong version when uploaded the file to rapidshare...
Do the villagers have wifes in their houses?

I will reupload this map with a few new features then. The last version doesn't have a lot of things because I'm passing my uni session now. It has fletchery (use knife you found on the beach) for arrows, apple trees and a new vehicle "outrigger" which is a fast boat made from bamboo+wood+leather.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2008, 08:28:00 am »

no i couldn't build anything but the hammer, then the shelter and tent once i made the hammer, after that there was nothing else. also the villagers dont have wives, also dont have the knife lol.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25