Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: Stranded II - God damnit I need two more vines.  (Read 78583 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Stranded II - God damnit I need two more vines.
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2008, 09:28:00 am »

I took them from free models and converted from 3ds to b3d.
The author is Psionic, I've dwelled in 1 forum with him
Here's another his awesome model: all greet the giant cave spider! Now DF travels to Stranded =).
P.S. He'll be a megabeast on my island.

It's a pity that Stranded supports only 1 animation for attack and 1 for movement (but 3 for idleness WTF).
This big bad guys has 4 different attacks and can even jump... not in Stranded.
But he's still awesome there (if you compare this to a basic lion model %)).
Now I'm trying to find a nice lion model to replace the freak from vanilla.

[ May 17, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2008, 10:34:00 am »

*sound of jaw hitting floor*
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2008, 10:39:00 am »

By the way who told that Stranded has bad graphics? Graphics are nice for me, the models are bad.
But it can be changed.
I'm trying to find a lion, gazelle/horse/zebra and human barbarian (for natives) models with animations. I don't have a vagon of time to make animations for models I have (it could be nice... GCS animations twitch when he walks, he could be much better).
Anyway, that's the model I use for natives while I can't find an appropriate one:
Ninja'd!   :D

P.S. Ouch I forgot! F***k the pirannahs! There'll be a mighty carp! I mean, a ton of carps, a river infested with carps which will try to pull you underwater!..

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2008, 11:25:00 am »

The kind of jungle you can't pass easily (and there're daedly raptors roaming too... But they are rare, the jungle are hard by themselves).

P.S. No more raptors.
The crawlers rule the jungle =)

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2008, 11:59:00 am »

Looks awesome, when are you putting this up for download?
Shoes...

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2008, 12:43:00 pm »

That's some quality work Deon, finish it up and I'll put it in all the threads for you.

Skyrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2008, 01:24:00 pm »

Hmm, are they still updating Stranded 2 by any chance? I have the game installed from last year or so but I've not really played it for ages. Was great fun nevertheless. Should perhaps fire it up again, along with Notrium and URW...despite having being ripped off on URW I'm kinda missing it enough to consider paying for it again.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2008, 01:41:00 pm »

I think I will add more critters and release alpha.38c =)
Then I will spend some time to write some useful scripts and add some "quests" to obtain unique items for unique combinations.
I have a lot of ideas and some places done (like that circle of mushrooms or tainted crystal rock in the forest) but I haven't managed to make scripts for it yet.
Now I want to add somemore monsters so alpha will be hunting-oriented, but later I want to add alchemy and smelting (when I find a reasonable models for an anvil and a furnace). I just hate this "gold-iron-crystal" rock system after DF with a lot of minerals. At least I want to add rock salt to make salt powder for advanced cooking and some valuable metals like copper and silver.
If someone could help me with cooking/smelting part (just scripts), I'd be very glad.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2008, 01:49:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Deon:
<STRONG>I think I will add more critters and release alpha.38c =)
Then I will spend some time to write some useful scripts and add some "quests" to obtain unique items for unique combinations.
I have a lot of ideas and some places done (like that circle of mushrooms or tainted crystal rock in the forest) but I haven't managed to make scripts for it yet.
Now I want to add somemore monsters so alpha will be hunting-oriented, but later I want to add alchemy and smelting (when I find a reasonable models for an anvil and a furnace). I just hate this "gold-iron-crystal" rock system after DF with a lot of minerals. At least I want to add rock salt to make salt powder for advanced cooking and some valuable metals like copper and silver.
If someone could help me with cooking/smelting part (just scripts), I'd be very glad.</STRONG>

Just try not to go overboard, alot of people avoid another mod out there because it adds alot of crap like explosives, guns and swords.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2008, 02:01:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Delamore:
<STRONG>
Just try not to go overboard, alot of people avoid another mod out there because it adds alot of crap like explosives, guns and swords.</STRONG>

Mod? I got those with the base game package. I don't use them, mind you.

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2008, 02:11:00 pm »

Yeah, that's part of the reason Stranded doesn't fully own.  I'd rather it be a more realistic simulation.  Pulling pure iron out of rocks with your bare hands and forging it into a machete with a hammer you made by fusing a rock to a stick doesn't strike me as realistic.
Shoes...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2008, 02:55:00 pm »

As I said, I'll add smelting in and will make the iron to be only extractable by pick (I can do it now but I'd like you to explore the world first and give me some suggestions on flavour).
Also any quest ideas are welcome.

About "overloading", my final goal IS to overload, but I want to add a lot of realism and skip stupid things.
I.E. you can get a pickaxe via the quest/find randomly or you can find ore pieces but you can't mine ore with hands.
Further you need a smelter to transform the ore into bar/weapon, and I'm not sure is it easily code-able to replace usual "fire" requirement with actual furnace building requirement.

I've already changed the well "building" - you do not build it with hammer and stones and profit of clear water, you build just a carcass and then dig near you well about 20 times to get the water which simulates that you remove the mud from well and dig actual well hole.
To build a torch on the land you don't need like 30 sticks... You need just a bark plus a "torch" item which is made near fire from stick.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2008, 03:32:00 pm »

I hope you think the same way as I do...
And I think that this construction suits for making weapons better than a campfire.
Did I already "overload" the game? -) Or should I countinue?

So, any help withanimated animal/human models?

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2008, 03:46:00 pm »

Oh, it's a smelter... I thought you made a blood well and then set a hammer and a rock on it.

If you really wanted to bloat it, you could put silver in the game, and a kite with a key, and use it to create electricity.

Shoes...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2008, 04:26:00 pm »

Pfft... A number of avaliable buildings is hardcoded... WTF again =). I already used to the idea of bad things in unexpected places about this game.

If allows you to add new buildings without errors, it just doesn't allow you to have more than a basic number of buildings+vehicles in the building menu.
There're 2 solutions:
1) To find where it is written if it's not in exe and change that number.
2) Use a "template" building which will transform to buildings you want via dialogue scripts (possible nut a bit tricky and with cons.).

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25