Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: No more invincible forts  (Read 23559 times)

Skynet 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Rogue AI
    • View Profile
Re: No more invincible forts
« Reply #225 on: November 19, 2008, 12:33:19 am »

I agree about iron though.  Most sites should have enough iron to make a go of it...  OTOH, the goblin traders certainly bring more than enough.

i c wut u did thar...

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 19, 2008, 12:40:13 am »

Espo Dusna, "The Gift of Iron", Goblin

Exports to Onolīton: Narrow iron armor
Offerings from Onolīton: Goblin bone bolts

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 19, 2008, 01:45:38 am »

I agree about iron though.  Most sites should have enough iron to make a go of it...  OTOH, the goblin traders certainly bring more than enough.

i c wut u did thar...

The ball thing is your brain Random832

peekama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 19, 2008, 04:21:04 pm »

Surely they also lack dwarven powers of X-ray vision? It's an underground fortress, how the hell should they know what you're smelting in the depths?

Okay, maybe they wouldn't have x-ray vision (although goblins must be psychic, cause they know where all of my open doors are...), but it isn't the logistics that matter. Maybe the bandits would come after you start making things with the iron, or exporting iron crafts. I never even said that it had to be bandits. Anything that would balance out using the feature would work.

And in general, I'm not saying the player should get raped because he/she embarked on a map with a certain feature. This negative/balancing feature should only become apparent when the player moderately to heavily uses the feature.

As another example: Somebody embarks on a map. After several peaceful years, they find that they have a magma pipe. The player kills off the couple imps that live inside and uses the magma to set up several forges, an obsidian farm, a magma moat/death hall, and other misc. things. After a while of this heavy magma use, a magma wyrm would spawn at the bottom of the pipe, angered by the disturbance of its home.

On the other hand, if said player only used a couple 7/7 tiles worth of magma, nothing would proably happen.
It'd be cool if unicorn refuse gives off rainbow miasma.
It should totally bleed the laughter of children, too.

MagicJuggler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 20, 2008, 04:22:21 pm »

Assuming the ability to capture and train this magma-wyrm, I wholly support this. Let us farm wyrms ;D

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 20, 2008, 04:34:59 pm »

Assuming the ability to capture and train this magma-wyrm, I wholly support this. Let us farm wyrms ;D

dude, it's a single line in the raws....

MagicJuggler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 20, 2008, 04:38:22 pm »

Well, 2 if you want to make it have the War descriptor  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]