Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37

Author Topic: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss,  (Read 71715 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss - needs more players
« Reply #180 on: January 26, 2009, 06:59:27 am »

Didn't you read my year?  Ever time a violet cabinet came they had babies and I caught a few.  Will they become friendly when they grow up?

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 27, 2009, 04:27:50 am »

Didn't you read my year?  Ever time a violet cabinet came they had babies and I caught a few.  Will they become friendly when they grow up?

Oh, all i read about them is that a single cabinet gave birth not three cabinets gave birth to multiple baby cabinets crammed in cages. I hope they do turn into our slaves like dwarves turn into goblin slaves.

Oh and update....
SUMMER:

10th of Hematite: Arrgh another ambush, this time by our goblin foes. Luckily for us it was merchants how spotted the ambush. I have ordered the gates to be shut immediately, hopefully they close before the goblins can enter.

11th of Hematite: More goblins have arrived and the gate still isn't up.

12th of Hematite: Phew that was close.

13th of Hematite: Both high elf traders and human traders showed up to greet the goblins. The caravan guards killed them successfully.

15th of Hematite: Hmm this human looks familiar, I am sure I have seen him before.

20th of Hematite: I have ordered more staircases to be dug out to increase efficiency as we are currently forced to use multiple separate stairways at opposite sides of the fortress to get from the top to the bottom.

22nd of Hematite: Arghh another ambush. This time it is those filthy kobold vermin and they brought bows. Luckily we had a squad of recruit crossbow dwarves patrolling the area. The three crossbow dwarves killed enough of the kobolds to break their spirit. The remaining kobolds fled but not before firing a couple more shots into the dwarves. One dwarf was killed and two mortally injured.

23rd of Hematite: What! Another ambush. Our darker brethren have ambushed one of the trader's caravans waiting for the depot to be built.

24th of Hematite: 6 more recruit marks dwarves have died after a day of fighting. We are down to 5 defenders.

26th of Hematite: Congratulations for me, I have been elected mayor.

30th of Hematite: Our cage is ready...

7th of Galena: Wow it's been a month since the last entry, and I'm pleased to say that nothing out of the ordinary has happened.

27th of Galena: The pumps are done, now all I need to do is set up a power source. Oh and build all magma dikes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 27, 2009, 07:00:27 am »

MAGMA ISLAND!

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2009, 07:51:38 pm »

Autumn

10th of Limestone: The windmills and gear assemblies have been are currently placed and under construction. The only problem however is that we are short of wood. I have ordered the drawbridge to be opened and for the everybody to collect the wood. (OOC: For some reason when I changed the refuse orders from dwarves do not gather refuse from out side to them gathering outside it increased the FPS from 40ish to 70-90.)

11th of Limestone: Arghh Bugbear ambush. Everybody get back inside...

12th of Limestone: The drawbridge came up just in time. The bugbears nearly got into the fortress proper. Our losses include Pruven, a blacksmith and all that remained of our military including the legendary marksdwarf. Things went badly but they could have been worse. We managed to also get enough wood to build the windmills.

14th of Limestone: Both a hobgoblin and a dwarven caravan have arrived and are sitting on the opposite end of our fortress to the bugbears.

16th of Sandstone: Arggh I am having the same problem as Tinyman, The dwarves keep going on the roof and being shot. Will this ever end?

18th of Sandstone: Hurray, it's time for celebration, More much needed migrants have arrived. Open the gates...

20th of Sandstone: Our population is back up to 32. The bridge was closed after everybody came back in.

8th of Timber: With the help of a new mechanic the magma pumping device and it's power source is almost completed. However this is only the first step to operation "Magma Island", we still need to put the dikes in place which requires opening the gate and facing the wide world.

16th of Timber: I let down the drawbridge again to and designated 4 green glass bridges to be built as dikes. The reason for this is that they can be placed right next to the border of our land, then raised to form a makeshift wall that can hold back magma. The reason for green glass is that it is magma proof.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 27, 2009, 08:32:22 pm »

Dwarf Fortress is like a cheese grater, you're shaved down to your bones until umm...your limbs grow back.

TinyMan  ToonyMan

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 27, 2009, 08:36:22 pm »

Autumn

10th of Limestone: The windmills and gear assemblies have been are currently placed and under construction. The only problem however is that we are short of wood. I have ordered the drawbridge to be opened and for the everybody to collect the wood. (OOC: For some reason when I changed the refuse orders from dwarves do not gather refuse from out side to them gathering outside it increased the FPS from 40ish to 70-90.)

11th of Limestone: Arghh Bugbear ambush. Everybody get back inside...

12th of Limestone: The drawbridge came up just in time. The bugbears nearly got into the fortress proper. Our losses include Pruven, a blacksmith and all that remained of our military including the legendary marksdwarf. Things went badly but they could have been worse. We managed to also get enough wood to build the windmills.

14th of Limestone: Both a hobgoblin and a dwarven caravan have arrived and are sitting on the opposite end of our fortress to the bugbears.

16th of Sandstone: Arggh I am having the same problem as Tinyman, The dwarves keep going on the roof and being shot. Will this ever end?

18th of Sandstone: Hurray, it's time for celebration, More much needed migrants have arrived. Open the gates...

20th of Sandstone: Our population is back up to 32. The bridge was closed after everybody came back in.

8th of Timber: With the help of a new mechanic the magma pumping device and it's power source is almost completed. However this is only the first step to operation "Magma Island", we still need to put the dikes in place which requires opening the gate and facing the wide world.

16th of Timber: I let down the drawbridge again to and designated 4 green glass bridges to be built as dikes. The reason for this is that they can be placed right next to the border of our land, then raised to form a makeshift wall that can hold back magma. The reason for green glass is that it is magma proof.

... I don't think green glass is magma proof, just magma-resistant...
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 27, 2009, 08:47:57 pm »

Speak to the evidence (little pictures)...

Anyways update time:

WINTER

1st of Obsidian: Ermm ooopsy..... (OOC: I left DF running in the back ground, forgot about it and then when I came back I found out that my pumps work. Luckily temperature is turned off otherwise we probably wouldn't have anymore dwarves.)

3rd of Obsidian: The magma is burning all of our stuff. Close the gates, I don't want any dwarves coming in or out. (OOC: I turned on temperature to see the effect, it thoroughly cleared all the junk away.)

5th of Obsidian: MAGMA ISLAND MAGMA ISLAND MAGMA ISLAND!!!!!!!! (OOC: I wasn't expecting this... it doesn't seem like magma flows off screen. My original plan was to have glass dikes that could block the flow and then release it when I wanteds dwarves to go outside again, Now though, the dwarves are trapped until it evaporates away.)

13th of Obsidian: Although my plans weren't quite completed it seems like everything works anyway. I don't know what to do now with the remaining 17 days of my government.

17th of Obsidian: Ive decided we will end my year with a lovely pork feast. I have ordered every bloody pig in this fortress I can find to be slaughtered so that we can feast of the delicious meat for a month or two.

28th of Obsidian: To test if the baby Xelics are friendly I released a cage containing a wrestler and two babies into a confined pit. The babies weren't killed by there parents and when I let them out through a cage trapped corridor only the mother was caught. Anyway that signifies the end of my turn. The next player can do what they must with the fortress and the magma around it.

Map and save coming soon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 27, 2009, 08:58:35 pm »

My dream come true.

Duke's going to have fun with this.   ;D

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 12:51:08 am by A_Fey_Dwarf »

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2009, 07:28:36 pm »

[bump]Duke? Where are you... [/bump]

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

We need you Duke!  We all depend on you!  Where are you!?

U

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I have returned! Clearly my appearance with the traders signifies something grand. We must complete the island!
 Urist: But, we did complete the isla-
 *SMACK*
 WHAT DID I SAY? IT IS NOT FINISHED! THE SKY MOCKS ME! IT MOCKS ME! WE MUST SHOW IT THE GLORY OF MAGMA!

Gwahahaha!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Pruvan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that with my death the last sane person in Speargroove has died. Crossing my fingers.
I don't see dicks...  I'd hate to ask people to point them out.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

INSANITY!

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
Re: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss - needs more players, join now!
« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2009, 10:53:01 pm »

*rocks slowly back and forth*

my lawn... my beautiful lawn...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37