Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37

Author Topic: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss,  (Read 71688 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Speargroove - Another high FPS succession game
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2008, 06:07:46 pm »

I feel guilty now.   :'(
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2008, 07:10:48 pm »

I feel guilty now.   :'(

It's not like anyone died. You will have your turn next time.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2008, 07:15:59 pm »

And so you know, I won't be able to do anything with DF 'till the end of the week thanks to an issue with a graphics card.

And I thought I would get a Motherboard without an integrated graphics card and get a standalone one a week later. Seems the graphics card is needed to even use the monitor.

Damn.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2008, 07:19:50 pm »

Whoa whoa!

Sorry guys, but I have to move my post to thursday. Don't worry, I've got a four day weekend, so I can do this for sure tommarrow.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2008, 04:43:17 pm »

Not in character.

1st or something of early spring

Wow, neat awesome. Never seen a one tile fort, and it is small! First thoughts are, I guess the one tile, but short hallways are for saving space, looking at the int I can see cave-ins can still happen, that water in the magnetite area needs to go, oh look! Silver vien, oh wait nvr mind, that's platinum! Even better! Also, wth!? Statue garden? I guess I should let it lay there, for now, talking dose improve attributes, but one too many parties! BAM! Straight to the moon-er I mean lava!

Since I havn't chosen a dwarf to story tell as, I shall simply just post what happens.

12th Granite, 204 early spring

Seeing as how we have unlimited sand, and limited building materials, I have opted to increase glass block production by 100%. I have given two peasents the jobs for glass making.

Am also changing the wrestlers weapons to unarmed, untill they become elite wrestlers, a little micro managing, but for the future of the fort it is a paramount importance.

Also somekinds of sliver somethings want to trade

I guess the last over seer made some decent trade goods... Aw crap

Let's see what sorta army they left.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2008, 04:54:10 pm »

Those dark dwarves carry dwarf sized armor and weapons, so if you are short of armor then just unforbid it from the corpses of the evil dwarves. Aftr you kill them of coarse.

caranha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2008, 06:31:32 pm »

Screenshots, nice! :-)

Even if you're not doing it RP style, I think you should name one of the dwarves after yourself, for posterity :-)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2008, 07:04:35 pm »

Chaos dwarves are also have trap avoid, so I wouldn't rely on traps to help you much.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2008, 07:51:32 pm »

16th granite early spring

Ambush consists of two marksdwarfs, four wrestlers, and two swords dwarfs, that's eight! Most ambushs I get are four soldiers! D:Oh crap, oh crap where the hell is everyone. HEY! What the hell do you think you're doing!

Ah crap they're going to kill the stegosaru- O.K. there are dinosaurs in the game, anyway next the bull than the freakin fort!

Finally! Chhhhaaaaarrrggge!

Oh the dwarfanity! They killed a wrestler, chopped his arm off, than his lower body! (or was it a she?) A couple of war animals were also killed, and my damn dwarfs know no courage either! Just because someone almost cleaved of your arm dosn't mean you can run away!

Victory! And minor casualties! Now I can get back to trading!

17th granite early spring

O.K. traded for some booze, all the wood they brought, food, a cloth plus leather bin, a weapon, and a couple of neat animals! An aligator, and a grizzly bear! ;D Hope they give us some more neat animals!

Ordered the construction of some new barrels, the weapons plus armor the chaos dwarfs gave us should also come in handy!

26th granite early spring

Another snatcher, maybe I should start chaining the cats outside of the fortress from now on since they're so good at bumping into them?

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2008, 08:40:48 pm »

Allright this has been bothering the fuck out of me.

Which one of yous changed the increase button? You know for buildings, and a few other things? All I know is that " decreases it [] or was it {}? Decrease it by allot, I'm very close to updating, actually I have more than enough to update, it just seems like no one is intrested in reading anything.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2008, 01:11:36 am »

Sigh.  If you had been paying attention, you'd know that the button change is part of the Mayday graphics set.

WHICH IS REALLY ANNOYING.

Especially since I can't use it.

caranha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2008, 09:01:43 am »

Which one of yous changed the increase button? You know for buildings, and a few other things?

You can just change it back, no? Not everyone uses the same keyboard layout.

I'm very close to updating, actually I have more than enough to update, it just seems like no one is intrested in reading anything.

Lol. I felt the same when I made my first update, no one said anything. We're reading, just quietly.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2008, 09:13:22 am »

Sigh.  If you had been paying attention, you'd know that the button change is part of the Mayday graphics set.

WHICH IS REALLY ANNOYING.

Especially since I can't use it.

What? Are you serious!?

Honestly I can not continue updating untill someone tells me what the building room incresment is!

Which one of yous changed the increase button? You know for buildings, and a few other things?

You can just change it back, no? Not everyone uses the same keyboard layout.

I'm very close to updating, actually I have more than enough to update, it just seems like no one is intrested in reading anything.

Lol. I felt the same when I made my first update, no one said anything. We're reading, just quietly.

One, no I have no idea how to change it, last time I changed something of DF I corrupted one of my saves, honestly I don't want to do that.

Two, well I guess I should look at the reads more from now on.

Anyway I guess I'll figure out a way to finding that magic button.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2008, 09:31:35 am »

No, I can't do this on my own.

Time to send out PMs.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2008, 02:29:56 pm »

If I uploaded the interface.txt file would that solve the problem?

I think I may have found your problem...
In the data\init\interface.txt file try to find the following lines
Code: [Select]
[BUILDING_DIM_Y_UP:?]
[BUILDING_DIM_Y_DOWN:?]
[BUILDING_DIM_X_UP:?]
[BUILDING_DIM_X_DOWN:?]

They are about 4/5ths of the way through,
Change them to:
Code: [Select]
[BUILDING_DIM_Y_UP:U]
[BUILDING_DIM_Y_DOWN:M]
[BUILDING_DIM_X_UP:K]