Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37

Author Topic: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss,  (Read 70498 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss- Sea serpent roast?!
« Reply #480 on: June 18, 2009, 12:11:16 am »

Who the heck made the clothesmaker make one of every article of clothing on repeat? Canceling that all and making more bags.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 18, 2009, 03:18:38 am »

You know, that sounds like something I'd do, but I really don't remember doing it.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 18, 2009, 07:02:28 am »

Got room for another applicant? Sorry if that's a stupid question, it's really really late here.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 18, 2009, 11:39:16 am »

Sure!  Blame everything on the dead guy!  Shheesh.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 18, 2009, 04:02:32 pm »

Actually, I did it, but only since I couldn't find the other one that was set to it.

Really, I seriously want the chance at more armour for the peasants, even if it's cave cotten pig tail.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 18, 2009, 04:08:11 pm »

Make it of iron. Heck, I made some bridges of the stuff because we have more of it than any obsidian and glass.

Also, the obsidian farm had some... modifications done to it. Seems the dig a channel at a specific spot thing was slightly flawed and caused some outside digging to be required. Still, it works fine.

Summer is coming tonight. I doubt I'll get much of a tower done this year. Likely I'll just streamline glass block production as to ensure the next guy can make the tower of awesome.

Also, if my plan for the entrance does not work over the summer then some obsidian casting will be needed on the surface.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 19, 2009, 01:13:56 pm »

hmm.. I'd have thought the problem would be with the manual levar or that loose floodgate that got oppsied there.  What's this channel in the specificd spot problem? sure you need to remove the ramps and lock the upper door... well, maybe.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 03, 2009, 03:08:17 am »

I would like to throw my skull in to the ring.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 03, 2009, 03:32:50 am »

Well if Duke would finish.... Come on Duke, your just as bad at updating as I am!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 03, 2009, 10:25:44 am »

REPENT!  REPENT!  I'm afraid there is never a 'U'.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 03, 2009, 10:32:53 am »

Huh, it seems that traders cannot enter by my preferred strategy. So now the plan is 'natural bridge.'

Also, I'm moving yet again. Most of the stuff has been moved to our new place in Maryland which is eerily similar to our old house, so expect an updatein a day or two.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 03, 2009, 11:11:39 am »

Stop living in stupid states Duke.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 03, 2009, 12:50:33 pm »

Better than Virgina.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 03, 2009, 12:54:29 pm »

Better than Virgina.

Oh, you're right.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 07, 2009, 11:01:20 pm »

14th Hematite,
 I've noticed that these stairwells are getting rather crowded. I'll likely need a better system of transportation before this year is through. Hopefully something over the central shaft.

2nd, Malachite, I was assured work continues on the stairwell. I spent the past month locked behind some door. After beating for several days on the loamy walls, somebody came and unlocked the door. I would have mined my way out, but I was inside the 'no mining thanks to magma and water death' zone. So yes, looks like I'll need a good drink after this.

Also, it seems I was elected mayor during the time I was away. I really don't know how or why, as I never so much as made friends beyond passing acquaintances here. Then again, the election committee that met me at the entrance to my quarters was a bit queer. A bunch of military dwarves and the old mayor, as well as Time Kitten. They seemed rather strange, as if this came as no surprise. I'll be keeping my eyes on them. It is strange that after being locked away with no explanation I'm elected mayor.

10th Malachite,
 Our greatest marksdwarf gave birth to a boy today. Also, I started the building of my quarters by my tomb. The stairwell is going swimmingly. Hopefully I can get some peace from these military dwarves pestering me about how a mayor needs proper quarters.

Seems a bit queer. Thankfully, I don't sleep anymore. No need to worry about any shenanigans in the night. I mandated some plate mail to be made, so that I and some civilians who would possibly help me will be safe from whatever is going on.

2nd Galena,

Well, sandbags are full. This means nonstop glassmaking. This will do better than previous attempts, as I found a glassmaker still making gem-grade glass as opposed to blocks of the stuff. I using as much as what is produced on the new stairs, which should hopefully allow future rulers to construct greater things.

Also, it appears my plan to bridge over the magma has failed. I suppose I should make the bridge of Obsidian, just to see if it works. A friend of mine is planning a city in the skies, and he needs to know if such a bridge would work. The sad thing is, I didn't find any of these plans crazy at all.
 Am I really sane now? Really?

19th Galena,
 Egads, the folly is mine! A selection of old stonework I told the peasants to deconstruct has collapsed! The falling chunk of floor pierced through the pancake of a fortress we have and got into the magma pipe, where a fountain of lava spewed fourth! It missed the seal by only a single tile, and had the wall of the seal been broken the entire workshops and a good area of the bedrooms would be under magma now. Not to mention other, more evil things would have had a chance to break free...

Autumn has come, and with it my hopes that my bridge plan for traders has ended. Perhaps if I can somehow get water up there. Alas, that is beyond my engineering abilities. I had the drainage bridge opened, and found the shaft my window looks into is the spillway for said magma. In fact, by it's light I now write this. It feels like ages has past since spring, but I hope that the rest of the year may come without event or delay.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37