Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37

Author Topic: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss,  (Read 70497 times)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss- Sea serpent roast?!
« Reply #465 on: June 15, 2009, 08:29:59 pm »

Jesus Christ, my turn was like half a year ago!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 15, 2009, 09:59:27 pm »

GODDAM SURGE PROTECTOR/BATTERY/POWERSTRIP!

I CAN DO THE YEAR AGAIN I SWEAR.

Time for another sleepless night.

Edit: Goddam, why don't my custom graphics work now? They were working before!

Alright, what would be the ideal init options for a 12x12 charset? Because the vanilla recommendations show a black screen.

Scratch that. Got it working. Damn you fidgety 24 bit depth!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 10:38:29 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 15, 2009, 10:48:07 pm »

Barbarossa on standby.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 15, 2009, 10:52:16 pm »

And I'm sure you would have handled this turn weeks ago. And would have finished what Time Kitten did.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 16, 2009, 12:41:41 am »

Duke awoke again to the tranquil green light that came through his glass tomb. This was his refuge in insanity, and it has come to grow on him in sanity. His muscles ached from the major work he did in previous years, taking up the mining profession for the kid that ruled for a year. That kid had done amazing things. Hell, she found a way to destroy the aquifer. Before the fortress was threatened constantly by magma and water. Now if the plan works for the next level of aquifer, we could be rid of any possible threat to this fortress.

Such were Duke's musings as he awakened. As he opened his eyes, he saw a somewhat blurry world.

Blinking a few times, the fortress before him became clear again.

Much better.

As I got myself up this morning, I noticed a female dwarf waiting for me at the entrance to my tomb. I quickly pulled myself together and went over to hear what she had to say.
 "Ah, Duke! About time you woke up! Kitten has been waiting fer you all morning!"
 "Lady, she thinks herself in a constant state of being possessed. I'm sure whatever thing she thinks possesses her can wait a few hours. Now where is she?"
 "Er, on the surface."

Yup, I've been irritable lately. Got the feeling something strange was going to happen. That feeling came true later when Time Kitten told me to be the leader for next year. She was polite in explaining the situation of her project, although her suggestions that I should know this stuff by now because I mined a good deal of it irritated me. Half of that digging was spent in a position that would allow me to sprint away from the wall as fast as possible. After Toonyman has his accident, no miner was safe here. I even considered Timekitten was trying to kill off former leaders.

By the end of her explanation, I had determined never to touch those works. The aquifer dam would have to wait for another day. I had an idea of how to keep our magma island effect and still get what we need. But we would need to build up. Yes, build up a lot.

First I designated the obsidian factory to begin work. The darn thing overfilled a bit thanks to a lazy dwarf, but I'll find a way to mine through this problem. Now I'm overseeing a boost in glass production. We need more glassmakers making glass blocks. The obsidian factory won't make enough rocks to satisfy the number of blocks I need for this project, so we are going glass for most of it. What might my project be? You shall see, readers.

10th Slate,
 Some glassmaker gossip says the mayor posed a ban on some exports. Remembering the order to keep the magma sea flooded, I chuckled to myself and got back to glassmaking. No need to hear what the guy is banning. It won't get out of here.

13th Slate,
 I feel my old tendencies growing back. Halfway through digging out obsidian from the farm, I had a strong urge to start fishing. I knew there would be no fish there. It was a pool of aquifer water surrounded by obsidian formed by magma poured onto said water five seconds ago. And yet I began to fish. One needs to revisit their old hobbies else break their mind. I won't let that happen again.

Slates End,

I...
 You know what? Screw it. We messed up physics enough here to have floating obsidian. I suppose the tales Time Kitten tells me of the obsidian with the obsidian are true.

When the report that this crab died of old age came to me, it came as a shock. It seems some can die peacefully in a non-magma related death here.

25th Felsite,
 Today I happened upon two figures in the entrance hall of my tomb. The former leader Time Kitten and the 'Slave', a dwarf with a name not known to me beyond what others call her profession. As much as I tried, I could not sneak upon their conversation. However, I doubt it was meaning me any good. I shall look into this after whipping these dwarves into shape.
 Glass blocks to date: 20
 Obsidian created: 32

It is now summer.
 And we have run out of sand. Now those louts will start goofing about and forget about their glass jobs. Great. Where are the sandbags when you need them?

Yup, that was a sucky spring. I won't even be able to finish the tower in my year at this rate. However, this shall be a slight test of a system I wish to happen. If it does not work, I'll have to artificially make it work.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 16, 2009, 05:53:01 am »

[COMMENT]

I wish I was alive.   :P

Pruvan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 16, 2009, 08:59:18 am »

I wish that, one day, our fortress will crumble to its end by breaking the laws of physics one too many times.
In a related note, the pic of that particular area looks an awful lot like a large hadron collider.

And declaring this topic dead has pretty much become a running gag by this point.  ::)
I don't see dicks...  I'd hate to ask people to point them out.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 16, 2009, 02:35:41 pm »

Don't telll him, but slave was the one assigned to stand behind duke and look all the area doors in case of a breech of either liquid.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 16, 2009, 03:01:16 pm »

Thing is though, we seem to break them more consistently than other succession games. The only reason we don't break all of them is due to the lack of ice.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 16, 2009, 03:30:43 pm »

How about the carving of fortifications in the side of the world? Last i checked, doing that in any map that had an aquifer caused endless water to trickle forth.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 16, 2009, 03:36:12 pm »

Depends. You can either have a free chasm or a water spout shooting ten tiles out per second. Your call.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 16, 2009, 03:39:32 pm »

Depends. You can either have a free chasm or a water spout shooting ten tiles out per second. Your call.

The water that comes out isnt under pressure, no matter which z level you carve it on.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 16, 2009, 09:28:45 pm »

You can see it where I tried to pump the water out of the tombs.  Didn't work for that.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 17, 2009, 10:45:51 pm »

I really didn't think it was possible to run out of sand.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 17, 2009, 11:10:16 pm »

Filled sandbags most likely.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37