Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37

Author Topic: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss,  (Read 71737 times)

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
Re: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss- Crazy for Magma
« Reply #360 on: April 18, 2009, 03:53:31 pm »

Visions to great, practical considerations supperceid.  An order carved in bone smuggled unto the out pile of Duke's desk.

A channel for water,, for fire, for stone is dug.

The merchewnts from Dfgojackanbgiolio have embarked on their journy.

apparently babys with wounded mothers throw themselves off cliffs.

The speardwarf bleeds no more.

The ambush is but a matter of course, yet the one wounded falls to my possesion.

Serriously, I swear that pesant drowning has nothign to do with the channel... even if we can't find the body.

the channel seems to be making slow but steady process.  It sped up when the digging was changed to ramps, and by now the next time the magma floods, half the aquifer should be sealed.

Behold the table, Ponderbusted the Strong Clod the limestone table.  Marvel at my genious for it is encrusted with limestone!

Bwahahahaha!

Duke is wet, but I think the steel plate keeps him from getting washed too far away.

Hilarious

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 18, 2009, 04:01:01 pm »

Damn.  How many mothers are being drafted into our military?  I think this is the third serious injury a mother's succumbed to in less than a year's worth of time.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 18, 2009, 04:04:44 pm »

it's a papercut on her foot, and she is a marksdwarf.  In fact, same ingury as her husband/recriut had when making the table....

Laying out a new dinging room.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
Re: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss- Sea serpent roast?!
« Reply #363 on: April 18, 2009, 05:36:56 pm »

Alright, more review of the summer ambushes.  As the raids hit the incoming caravans, I already had the spearsdwarves there on patrol... and, amazingly, every caravan spawned right outside the entrance.  A human guard chooped up the first ambush.  Then the spears hit the second while the human charged the bowsquad from the left  after that every hauler out there stabbed an ambusher then ran back inside OVER and OVER, inclusing Duke running out to pick up a second boot.

Lost 2-3 war crabs, no injuries to any dwarf, merchant, or guard besides that one recruit with a hurt foot (probably by tripping over the falling dcorpses of those who would dare oppose us)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 18, 2009, 05:41:45 pm »

After years of living in a hellhole, we have finally achieved the Nist Akath Effect. Within another year or two, we shall all be beadasses.

Also, my prediction was about Toonyman being dumped into the magma. Unexpectedly. Huzzah!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 18, 2009, 05:44:35 pm »

Hmm... Duke, ZigZag's last wish seems to be that 20 people get beaten to death.... of the last two alive you are one of.  I'm thinking about recruiting that speardwarf with the most kills to sherif so the jail will eventually be useful.  Thuink you can take about 20-40 stabbings?

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 18, 2009, 05:45:44 pm »

Go Zigzag! Sowing the seed of chaos!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 18, 2009, 05:50:05 pm »

Pssh, after your turn we will all be able to take down entire sieges alone. A few gaping wounds should not worry us.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 18, 2009, 06:29:58 pm »

Think you can take about 20-40 stabbings?

Just give me a full suit of steel plate.  I'll ride out my crimes in the armor I forged while committing them.  Crash Stuntman shall die as he lived: Crazy, and surrounded at all times by metal.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 06:56:54 pm by crash2455 »
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 18, 2009, 06:34:58 pm »

Think you can take about 20-40 stabbings?

Just give me a full suit of steel plate.  I'll ride out my crimes in the armor I forged while committing them.  Crash Stuntman shall die as he lived: Crazy, and surrounded at all times by metal.
Replace metal with glass and magma, and you have me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 19, 2009, 11:55:41 am »

My ghost spirit still walks the mortal world, mumbling.

Magma...magma...magma...

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 23, 2009, 12:26:19 am »

With the draining aquifer creaming the FPS of the universe, I did the only sane thing.  I threw the magma switch right after all the merchants were out of the way.  Then I politely asked Duke to wake up because he was sleeping right in the mud that was about to turn into obsidian.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 23, 2009, 12:34:39 am »

Hey, that mud was warm!
 Time flows backwards for me now.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 23, 2009, 01:06:46 am »

Alright... I think we might have a little problem with there not being enough magma at the level of the pumps, but other than that, I'm putting every dwarf with hunter enabled in a squad under Duke, so he's the only one I have to draft to change the sleep settigns.

From now on, wheneve the fenced passions is activated, everyone will flock to our fishmaster, then follow him in an orderly evacuation of the fortress into the arms of the enemy.

Okay, bad news is I've seem to replaced those magma pipe levels that you've gotten rid of so far with a magma sheath.  but since I was only able to mine out half the aquifer anyways, that just means it is closer for next attempt.

Chck on obsidian farm... probably wasting precious limited resource magma, but testing now.  the dwarf who channeled the finall spot was smart enough to stay on the near side, and it is filling nicely, preparing for phaze two.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 23, 2009, 02:52:42 am »

Failed at draning that tomb.  Obsidian farm works, just need to be quick about turning off that lever. 1/4th of the first level of aquifire is now DRY DIRT!!!!

The world, and some of our fortress is now submerged in 2/3 magma.  Still trying to figure out how it got in the fishing area (just glad it stopped before the stairs)

Calling it a night- mid autumn.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37