Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37

Author Topic: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss,  (Read 71736 times)

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
Re: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss- Crazy for Magma
« Reply #345 on: April 14, 2009, 05:50:23 pm »

Sticks and boot, sticks and boots, this is a carving of sticks and boots and dwarves, as written in the scrimshaw.

The dwarves are holding the pointy sticks.  Alll the dwarves raise the sticks.  Some of the dwarves are wearing the boots... there are less boots than dwarves.

Obnlly some carry rocks, all carry food.   The slaves dig deep, and the weaver spins the trade.

Mid spring comes, and the narrow art is brought to be baught, so that we may have barrels once more.

The Kitten made of Time counts the sticks.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 15, 2009, 02:07:45 pm »

But apparantly someone decided to melt down all the +steel mail+ outside to make -steel plate- when there is almost enough -steel plate- already out there for the entire army.

Yeah, I didn't consider that chaos dwarves might be dwarf-sized, so I melted it down.  There should be 9 or so suits of steel plate mail that you can just melt down and turn into bolts again.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 04:33:36 pm by crash2455 »
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 15, 2009, 08:23:20 pm »

Alright,currently hauling all I can to buy out the caravan's leather, so I can make enough leather armour to upgrade everyone from just mud coverings, and reserving all melted steel this season for bucklers. All the steel plate is on melee, important (Duke) or just plain strong personelle.  chain for the marksdwarves, of which there are more now.  All non-weapon class material picks designated for melting.  Haulers now specialized according to stats, with agile having important food hauling (made larger stockpuiles for that as well, and re-started cooking since we had only two stacks of meals) strond dwarves for furniture/stone hauling, and tough dwarves for item hauling since they are the most likely to be ambushed.  All those item haulers also got steel spears from the ground, and important/non-miner personnel got swords.  Working on bucklers fir everyone except full time melee dwarves who already have some of the multitude of steel shields lieing about.

Made it through about half a day, but hopefully I can take a break from micro management soon and play with magma, aquifires,and merging the two above the heads of our dwarves.

We shall meet the violence of the world in kind.

I've never even heard of anyone seeing wildlife here, so i think it's safe to give everyone hunting.

Oh, got another sea serpent! pitting this one right away. into the fishing spot

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 15, 2009, 08:27:52 pm »

The thing is: I made a grotto before just to pit a sea serpent that had died the year before. I believe it is one of the pits into a failed mining section.

Also, you have micromanaged like an insane person. I applaud such measures, and wish it does not blow up in your face.

Also, with all the magma we have pumped out I don't think there is any life anywhere outside of ambushes sent by civilizations out for revenge.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 15, 2009, 08:38:13 pm »

hmm.. I think I'll mesomanage some maybe, and make some outdoor pits for all that armour to get into the fortress stockpiles even faster, and consider raising the forges up to be closer to the metal influx if i can while messing with the magma infastructure.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 15, 2009, 08:43:11 pm »

Just imagine: Forges that only work when the world is flooded with magma.

Traders: Erm, why do you have magma forges on the second story of your battlements?
 Dwarves: You had better get inside. We just finished a hauling trip of things we want melted.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 15, 2009, 09:33:34 pm »

Damn.  You deserve a fucking medal for that level of detail.  I feel kinda bad about just having fun on my turn now.

Oh, got another sea serpent!
Maybe we close up the area under the bridges and fill it with water, then put the Serpent in there.  It seems so wonderfully "Evil Genius."

Oh, also I added the missing years to the main Speargroove file, complete with points of interest. Link.

Also, can I get on the list for the next round of this fortress?  This has been fun times.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 03:30:23 pm by crash2455 »
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 16, 2009, 08:20:47 am »

Seeing as I have already done this twice, I'll sign myself up at the end of the next list.

Also, Huzzah for cleaning all that up!

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 16, 2009, 06:26:08 pm »

Can i be in on it too?

Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 16, 2009, 06:36:45 pm »

I think you are implied, sir.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss - needs more players, join now!
« Reply #355 on: April 16, 2009, 07:26:48 pm »

Also, who made the direct link between the lake in the magma pipe and the aquifer? I cannot promise you that I won't feed you to the pipe, but I can promise you it will be unexpected.
While trawling through the thread, I found this little gem.

Looks like I can predict the future.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
Re: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss - needs more players, join now!
« Reply #356 on: April 16, 2009, 07:34:32 pm »

Also, who made the direct link between the lake in the magma pipe and the aquifer? I cannot promise you that I won't feed you to the pipe, but I can promise you it will be unexpected.
While trawling through the thread, I found this little gem.

Looks like I can predict the future.
I assure you, my link wll not be dirrect, but via squiggly line.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 17, 2009, 12:26:39 am »

Today's progress:

I squinted at the steaming walls for a while, wondering if i should risk it, let the game play for a few minutes, then decided to take a nap and yell at an empty house for water, because i can't have booze after donating blood for some reason.

Time Kitten cancels rest: ranting.

Remember folks, all those scateboarders you see on TV, you know those people with "lives"  They need your blood or they will DIE when they wipe out.  It's a fact, you are less likely to loose a leg while sittign at a computer than skindiving off a jagged cliff, but rather than idal, you need to sell your hard brewed blood for cookies and high fructose juices.. maybe even pie, but they did not have pie, but they did have pigs in a blanket, but i like pie, not pork-like bland sossages in pastries that have less flavour than cardboard... mmm, cardboard..., so I was dissapointed.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 17, 2009, 12:41:30 am »

Sounds like you gave a little too much blood.

Also, pie?  Pigs in a blanket?  My blood center only gives us a can of soda and a bag of cookies or chips.  If they really want people to come on down, they'll occassionally give out free awesome stuff (like coupons for ice cream), but that's not often.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 17, 2009, 12:47:25 am »

Down in San Fransisco they actually give you the state stipend of cold hard cash for your blood (15-20$ a unit, i hear).  Which means If i can carpool 6 people in my minivan for the 250 mile drive to town after the next largest down the road (that's right, 250 miles and the only down larger than this one is Oakland *shudder*) I could actually turn a profit.

And really, it's not that i gave to much blood, it's that it's a 5 mile walk back home afterwords and i skipped the whole way, and didn't have enough ice cream since.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37