Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37

Author Topic: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss,  (Read 71721 times)

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
Re: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss - needs more players, join now!
« Reply #255 on: March 02, 2009, 07:40:59 pm »

With the untimly draft and death of my last agent, her husband.... and all their friends, I have taken it upon myself to arive in the detestable hole personally.  One of the naked children, sleeping in the mud, was a fine choice.  The pneumonia should cover any signs of the possession from the parrents, as long as my work continues through others.

Time Kitten, Evil Spirit

First task first, drag this miserable body up to that sun warmed obsidian room that still lies vacent, and dry it off... after that I can see to that detestable sty below.   With the father of the child beign the mayor, and his office right above, it will give me a perfect place from which to influence all that I see through my lovely windows.

SCRATCH THAT

This place is coming down, there's been three collapses so far already from Duke's designation.  Thankfully all the dwarves were soaking wet, so no one actually died in the plumes of mist jetting out of the magma, and the pathing instructions were revamped to avoid the splashed blood of the earth.  The other two weren't as bad, but it could have been a disaster... searching through the other designations, apparently someone was going to set free a captured pockeet of magma three floors above the new cap.  I put a stop to that!  A much better location for glass kilns.  Well, as long as the dwarves aren't dying, I'd better see to that lawn... oh, yeah, having the hole tested by throwing all the cabinet people off it onto our waiting spear squadron.

3rd Granite

I don't like this, not one bit... while examining Duke's tomd, i discovered that all the walls of the floor hiss with steam... perhaps he never heard over his snakes, but it seems to be making every other dwarve shifty as they go by.

Malchite was struck today as we dig the rescue shaft... the removal of such an ore may interfere with one of my projects, but should notstand in the way of things.

Hmph... off to redesign the farms and clear this clutter of the inner lawn, I guess... it will be a while before it's safe to do the same in the.... oh, yes, that could make things simpler, oh, yes.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 04, 2009, 09:52:35 pm »

10th Granite

Welcome to the world Sarvesh, who is not given to flights of fancy!  The world gets smaller every day, especially now that more, and more magma is pumped out into it every day.  The beauty of my gardens will be unmatched.

The levar seems to have "malfunctioned"  In that everytime it is left untended, it mysteriously is re-activated.  They don't dare to mess with the machinery while it is active.  My suggestion to start with buckets against the ever encroaching tide seems to have met with some success even.  Silly, easilly misled dwarves, such wonderful gardeners.

5th Slate

With enough oh the gloing red joy outside, construction of a floor hatch under the bottom pump... a WOODEN floor hatch, mind you, the magma well quickly dried up.  Well enough, there is already enough on the surface, and the scaffolding and obsidian extended wall are almost compleate.  It shouldn't be more than a minor hassle to see the remaining magma in my new garden pumped out, though a hole is being punched in one of the gate towers to finish it.

3rd Felsite

Splatter, Bwahahahaha, splatter!

4th Felsite

Playing with the dranage levers today, wall is complete and awaiting an architect for the drainage pump.

6th Felsite

Apparantly the cabinent children born in the fort are friendly... no one wishes to hurl them to their deaths.

8th Felsite

Three lovely magma trees in my garden already, falalalalalala.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 05, 2009, 01:21:14 am »

Well, that little plan was easier than I thought.  I wonder, just how deep can I flod the world... and if i do give that a shot, if i can get the fall caravan in at all (because i sure can't figure out how to get rid of this magma entirely)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 05, 2009, 01:33:00 am »

Wait a second...

You didn't pump the magma out from the pipe to reclaim more levels, did you?

Also, I think a drawbridge leading to the map edge(Even in the air) could get caravans and ambushes. Also, did you utilize the glass floodgates?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 05, 2009, 01:42:04 am »

Glass... floodgates?

And no, no reclaiming, filled the map 4 deep and the pipe level just below the glass is four deep  I think I'll just cast some obsidian levies to start, then add another level to the pump system after I've cleared the main road and gardens of the melty-rock.  Going to take quite a bit of re-walling with all the fortifications around.  I already accidentally sealed off the output for the lava output, so that will keep me from pressurizing with minimal modification.

Also... I chopped a tree already, as well as told people not to walk on saplings.  We're low on buckets, ya know? One dwarf was even using that artifact glass cup to haul water.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 06, 2009, 05:48:29 pm »

So, any updates? Funny pictures? Progress?
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 06, 2009, 09:09:31 pm »

Good work Time Kitten. I'm looking forward to more.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 07, 2009, 11:20:38 am »

Had a slight problem with one of my firewalls, iinternet explorer, firefox, and thunderbird were the only programs I couldn't use for a while.  I'll see if I can get some pictures up with the next update.  But, wow, that volcano just got active, going from no activity to almost compleatly full almost before I noticed.Just have to wait for the majority of the 1/7 lava to dry up before anything interesting can get into the fort.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 08, 2009, 12:41:54 am »

i'll join this, as my last succession game died.

can I be put on the list?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 11, 2009, 10:24:55 pm »

Sorry didn't see your post...

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 12, 2009, 12:25:56 pm »

Okay, I'm getting a very wierd bug that's destroying my framerate.

Apparently my dwarves can't path to collect sand, and even though I've removed sand collection zones and collect sand jobs, wont stop doing it.  I'm getting 100 job cancellation notices a second, and it is kind of preventing me from paying attention to a small lava in-stockpile situation I boo-booed on.

Think i found the bug thread that's relevent.

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=24309.0
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 02:22:39 pm by Time Kitten »

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 12, 2009, 06:55:51 pm »

19th Malachite

The new causerway is compleate! now all we have to do is wait for the lava to.... Nope, we aren't waiting,an immigrant has arived as soon as the lava recedes enough for him to take a single step towards us. The engraver, Geshud Lisatnish, a worshiper of Asen, our godess of volcanos walks onto the smoldering path, standing over the crazed and still burning squirrel that was swimming around out there.  Now he waits, waits for my word of command, and to do my will.  Come to us Notchedtrades of the firesquirrel! Be our voice in this madness.

And he leads a cheese maker with his next step.  Truely word of our glory has spread. Sbhe likes crossbows... we shall give her one.  And... they keep coming.

21th Malachite

i claw at the wall... my garden, my garden is ready, yes, yes it is!

Hiss, trees, i must have these trees removed, lest they harm my grass!

now comes autum, as we pave with glass... the power isn't enough... More must be had.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 17, 2009, 08:48:36 pm »

Alas, is the bug making this game impossible to continue?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 18, 2009, 02:42:53 pm »

Time Kitten must of went into the future!  We are going to have to wait until Time Kitten gets back.  *sits down*

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 27, 2009, 11:31:01 pm »

If this is still alive.....i found Duke's theme song.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVXcdE3uup0
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37