Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37

Author Topic: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss,  (Read 71720 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss - needs more players, join now!
« Reply #240 on: February 25, 2009, 03:20:27 pm »

JOGGER FEDERATION

*huff* *huff* *wheeze* *cough* *vomit* *silence*
I know there is little left to mine, but you are the laziest miner I have ever seen. I want those tiles channeled NOW dammit!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 28, 2009, 04:05:40 pm »

bump!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Pruvan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I don't see dicks...  I'd hate to ask people to point them out.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 28, 2009, 04:57:45 pm »

Du Dun Dish.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2009, 02:49:49 pm »

It appears there was a cave-in. Duke apparently had it orchestrated to flood the 'seal' he has been working on in the main workshop area. Of course, the glass thing didn't fill with magma and the underground lake is still here. Duke then ordered the surface to be flooded and started to gaze at the windows in the workshop area. there was something different now. There was a look of determination. Perhaps he wasn't as crazy as he thought. Oh, what am I saying?

The events of 1st of Late Winter happened as thus:
 Well, I was walking down the staircases and making the final revisions before I step down as the overseer of the fortress when I noticed Duke acting... odd. Yes I know he is always a bit odd, but never with a pick. I know if he strikes the wrong wall we could all be flooded, so I followed him. He was circling the walls containing the lake, over where the engravers were smoothing stone. Before any of us could act, he smashed the wall to the lake! Water poured fourth from the wall, going down a nearby staircase into the workshop area.
 I knew there was little I could do to clog the hole, and Duke had already scampered off somewhere along with the engravers. I rushed downstairs and warned everybody of the coming flood, where they rushed to their rooms. Fools, the water will drown them there! I gritted my teeth and headed to the surface. I could hear the magma pumps cranking, surrounding us with the fluid of death. Duke has trapped us! Drowning beneath us, burning above us! Gah! I rushed back down to find hum.
 As I headed down, I found the lake was mostly drained. Lord, the stockpiles must be flooded! But they were not, as it appears there wasn't enough water to flood the whole place. Did Duke plan this?
 My answer came from a cackling figure on a platform over the now-emptying lake. Duke had apparently planned this. The workshops would be muddy for a bit, but we would not drown. Oh, that crazy Duke. I had somebody tell the others this would not drown us, and the message spread through the fort. Now we have the lake out of the way. Now what?
 Also, two children were born during the ordeal. I had them named to commemorate the event.

22nd Late Winter,
 Really, it's not as bad as it looks.

29th,
 Well, I'm done. I'll b-
 Another cave-in! Some how Duke managed to open up the area inside the 'seal.' How he managed this I do not know. All I know is the tombs are going to need draining.

Day of Relief,
 Again, I entered his sanctuary. Again, Duke was there. He seemed almost calm now. In fact, he seemed sane. He looked back at me from his coffin and smiled. His eyes were normal. With a big grin he pumped my hand and thanked me. Then he started to babble about how that construction would contain her somehow, and how we would do just fine for now. I shook his hand and thanked him for the chance to help out this place. Sure I would be mocked for the water fiasco for a while after this, but at least now we don't need to worry about two crazies here.
 Duke said he would choose the next person to rule this place, and he would take the credit for any negative results of my rule.

Not much of an end, but not much happened this last month other than the events listed.

Also, everything I flooded(Except for the path to the skull grave) has something that can drain it. Don't worry when you see the surface. Or the workshops. Or the bedrooms. Or the magma pipe.

Save
 Map
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 03:04:46 pm by Duke 2.0 »
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 01, 2009, 03:34:12 pm »

Yah!  :D

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 01, 2009, 04:24:20 pm »

HEY! Am I stuck in my room? Get me out of there!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 01, 2009, 04:34:25 pm »

You're a purple though.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 01, 2009, 05:26:42 pm »

hooray! now we can pump the lake full of hot steamy(?) magma!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 01, 2009, 08:06:29 pm »

You're a purple though.

...better hope for the fort's sake that a replacement one gets sent.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 01, 2009, 08:31:32 pm »

Worry not, the water above you is at 4 depth in only a few places and 3 everywhere else. You will survive water going into your room. Might be a bit wet and muddy, but eh. Real dwarves have a coating of earth on them at all times.

Magma is technically earth.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 01, 2009, 09:24:05 pm »

um... way to clean up after yourself there...

Sigh.

*gets a mop*

*THE SPINNING MOP STRIKES DUKE IN THE HEAD*

Sorry, just taking out the stress before I waste a season cleaning up that i planned on industrializing.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 02, 2009, 02:18:13 am »

Aww, it's not that bad. Just wait for all the fluids to evaporate.

Oh, right. No building in water. Most of it is 1 height anyway. Most of the water seems to have flowed down the dungeon staircase to trap Creamcorn. You might want to capitalize on all this extra space I just made. If you have time by the end of the year, perhaps even free Creamcorn.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 02, 2009, 02:21:31 am »

Good updates Duke, just took too long...

Anyway it's Time Kittens turn.
Go Kitten Go!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 02, 2009, 12:19:23 pm »

Let's see what TIme Kitten does.

Go GO ACTION FORCE!!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37