Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37

Author Topic: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss,  (Read 71711 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Speargroove - Now recruiting...
« Reply #166 on: January 23, 2009, 06:08:04 pm »

Huzzah!

Now to point out where everything screwed up!

Also, while adding a POI the capcha said GreavesEatMe.

Dammit Toony, stop distorting reality around you!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 06:12:20 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Speargroove - Now recruiting...
« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2009, 04:10:01 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7th Limestone, 207, Early-Autumn:

I realize now that the magma pipe is a volcano, this is going to make things more difficult.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10th Limestone, 207, Early-Autumn:

Typical.

This is why Magma Island must come into effect, to rid the world of everything!  Except us, ofcourse.

16th Limestone, 207, Early-Autumn:

Oh the blood!  IT REMINDS ME OF MAGMA!!!!

On side note, three stone-fall traps have been made to serve.

One third note, a ambusher felt like having birth.

3rd Sandstone, 207, Mid-Fall:

The dangers of building over magma.  Oh the wonders.

IT WAS A NOBLE FEET SACRIFCE FOR THE FEET GOD SO WE CAN DO PLAN M.I.

Ofcourse, it being my fault I carried him to his bed, ON FIRE.

This isn't going to end well...

4th Sand:

BURN!

19th SandSTONE:  RAWR

Some migrants have arived, despite the danger.

Ever here of a back entrance, dwarves?

Oh yeah, I forgot about the ambushers.  Dwarf cheese anyone?

Yeah......

7th Timbner: 207, Late=Sumtn"

I am defeeting the volcano!  Muahah!

Work slaves!!

1st MoonStone, 207, Late-Winter:

My bedroom is almost done, 2 higher than Duke, Huzzah!

See the lowerright room too, the bed burned up with the guy.

AFWUL DISTORTION, AGHAHGAGH!  IS IT SUPPOSE TO LOOK LIKE THAT!?

Cavaran isn't crazy yet.

Emptying the volcano, putting a cap over it.

Winter update tommorow, I HATE VOLCANOS!!  I'm spending way too much time with the magma, I need to pump it to the surface, AGHSAKDNJKAJ

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss - needs more players
« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2009, 11:30:45 am »

25th Moonstone, 207, Early-Winter:

Nothing much going on, I got the smart idea to station our marksdwarves at the fortifcations and we killed all the ambushers!  We had a marksdwarf break his leg, but net profit is good.

Operation CAP THE VOLCANO OFF is almost halfway done, if I don't finish it I would like the next ruler to do so.

5th opal, 207, Mid=Winter:

Here's the unit list of dwarves.

The elite marksdwarf became a champion killing all these ambusher scum that show up.

1st Granite, 208, Early-Spring:

Ahh.  The sound of spring, water pouring over happy magma.  THAT SHOULD STOP IT FROM COMING UP!

Late-Winter was just building stuff. Stuff.

FINISH THIS NEXT LEADER.

STATS,

Alright all set, here go have fun!

SAVE:  (Sites down as I type, I'll edit this later when it feels like working)

MAP:  http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/map-4466-speargroove-posttoonyman

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2009, 03:24:48 pm »

Yay, my turn. Oh and no I won't finish your capping unless I have time to spare at the end of my turn.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2009, 03:39:53 pm »

SAVE:   http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=807

Don't fail me!   ;)

You HAVE to cap it or the volcano will refill over it and BURN!!

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2009, 03:45:35 pm »

Fine, if I must but it better not interfere with my plan otherwise I'm blocking it all off and canceling the project.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2009, 03:57:17 pm »

Now that I think of it, as long as you have one dwarf keeping the volcano at bay you won't necessarily have to cap it.  Just keep that lever on repeat.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2009, 06:08:47 pm »

I'll ask... why is that dwarf burning to death in /MY/ masterpiece bed?

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2009, 07:09:28 pm »

You guys really should have looked at the ini.txt. The population was capped at 30. I moved it up to 60.

Oh and I canceled your project Tooneyman as the water did it's job perfectly.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 25, 2009, 07:16:58 pm »

Alright, I didn't have enough time, so I hoped that would stop the magma.

ALSO, MY NAME IS TOONYMAN!

Time Kitten,  the burning dwarf was brought there by 'ToonyMan' it's his problem.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 25, 2009, 07:27:42 pm »

Sorry for the spelling error TinyMan.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 25, 2009, 09:46:23 pm »

Hey, I'm in for some tiny magma madness.  Put me on the list.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

caranha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 26, 2009, 02:05:19 am »

I would also like to return to speargroove :-)

And I'll try to put all the speargroove maps together again sometime next week. Guys, is it too much trouble to rename the file before uploading it to DFMA? :roll:

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 26, 2009, 04:48:14 am »

I've taken the leather worker who was previously mayor to be my character. I have called him Zigzag.

1st of Granite:
Harharhar now I am master of this hell hole. First things first, cancel Tinyman's cap the volcano project. It seems that the water is doing the job that the masons were too slow to complete. Secondly, we need a mechanic and another building designer around here.

3rd of Granite:
I have ordered the production of glass tubes, blocks and corkscrews to start. We will be needing glass pumps to put my plan in motion. I have also ordered more bauxite mechanisms to be built.

10th of Granite:
Things are not going so well. With this limited number of dwarves it will take years to build what I want. On a different side of things I am going to open the gates to let the traders out. There is no use in them sitting on our depot starving to death.

13th of Granite: ARRAAGHH Insect monsters. Maybe they are just coming back for the baby they left behind. Or maybe not.

14th of Granite: We are saved, a caravan of the friendly insect monsters came a long and engaged the evil insect monsters.

17th of Granite: I got the drawbridge closed before any casualties and the two groups of insectiod xelics are still fighting one another. It looks like the violet kind are winning, I'll send the crossbow dwarves to the battlements to aid or friends.

24th of Granite: The violet xelics beat the silver species but only because Ducim our champion marksdwarf refuses to work and has been trying to pick up equipment for the last 7 days.

1st of Stale: Migrants, just what we need. Now if only damn Ducim would stop trying to pick up equipment and attack the xelics then some migrants might actually survive.

4th of Slate: Finally the stupid marksdwarves reach their station and cause the xelics to flee. Now I can open the drawbridge and let these migrants in.

7th of Slate: The drawbridge is raised and the migrants are rushing into our fortress. We now have a total of 44 dwarves in our midst.

8th of Slate: I told eight of the new immigrants to pick up the crossbow and train to become marksdwarves.

10th of Slate: The other traders caravan still hasn't left, I think I might try to encourage it be deconstructing the depot.

11th of Slate: My plan worked and those stupid traders dropped all of their stuff and left. Woo, free stuff.

18th of Slate: The time is progressing very slowly for a fortress that is supposed to be quick and efficient. (OOC:I have no idea why my fps is stuck at 30, I think I might fiddle with the ini.txt to fix the problem, maybe turn of weather and such.)

19th of Slate: Ahh it's progressing much quicker now that I have ordered workers to work faster (OOC: Turns out partial print was off and I turned it back on. This added an extra 10 FPS but it's still slow as hell for a nanofortress.)

26th of Slate: I came across something very strange today. What I saw has warped my mind, crammed into a cage in the back of our animal stockpile were seven violet xelic babies trapped in three separate cages. Who the hell put these poor defenseless babies in cages. Well whoever it was, they need a congratulation as these babies will make a fine addition to our fortress. I am wondering what to do with them at this moment.
Should I put them on chains and tie them a couple of z levels in the air for all of these evil xelic creatures to see. They will fear speargroove and hopefully never come back.
Or maybe I should keep them as slaves, they might even learn the dwarven ways and become like us and help defend speargroove.

I have also noticed while searching through the animals that we seem to have quite a population of powerful tame animals. At the moment we have:
Two giant leopards
Two giant leopard cubs
Three giant jaguars
One Giant Eagle
One normal leopard
One Deinonychus
Numerous other less note worth dinosaurs
I will release all of these animals to see i can Creamcornicus can tame them in the ways of war. After that I will put them all into one cage near the entrance with an emergency release lever underground. When any invaders get through our feeble defenses we can unleash a tide of vicious bloodthirsty animals against them.

27th of Felsite:
Everything seems to take so long in this fortress, It can take a whole week to get from one end of the fortress to the other which really needs to be fixed. All of my projects so far from completion that it seems like I will never get it done. Out of the pumps, I have put down 3 of the needed six, no power source yet. One animal has been tamed for war, many more to go. The most important step in my secret plan hasn't even been started on. I blame this slowness on that caravan that would not leave. The stuff left behind when I destroyed that depot is still being hauled around the fortress. Oh well hopefully summer will bring us luck.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37