Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 42

Author Topic: Kobold Camp  (Read 158050 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp
« Reply #135 on: November 21, 2008, 02:54:17 pm »

Alas, I have had games with that tag added to every civilization with no ill effects. Must be something else, or a conflict with non-vanilla races.

When choosing a place to embark, press tab to switch between different menus. One is to change which civ you come from. That is where you can play different races, or different civs of the different races.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Tigershark13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2008, 03:19:04 pm »

i'm not sure if this is just me, or does playing it in windowed mode not work properly... i like to play DF windowed so i can multitask... scratch that just worked out how to get it working
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 04:05:15 pm by Tigershark13 »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2008, 03:29:09 pm »

You have to remove the [civ_controllable] token from Dwarves.
Not really. Just switch between civs as you always do, there'll be both races.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

krige

• Bay Watcher
  • [TILE:dwarf:fire]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2008, 03:52:26 pm »

...and here comes the tricky part. All the selectable civs are dwarven (or at least appear so on the embark preparation screen: hammerdwarves etc.). In the meantime I'll try to generate another world and - if this won't help - remove the controllable tag from dwarves.
Sheriff of Nottingham: That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.

Gobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2008, 04:12:25 pm »

You'll never be able to look at the chains in your Fortress the same way again.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2008, 04:43:00 pm »

You should definitely make a free page somewhere and make a gallery of your awesome kobold stories.

It amuzes me how can these images make me like them while they are very simplistic (but with their style).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 21, 2008, 04:53:50 pm »

...and here comes the tricky part. All the selectable civs are dwarven (or at least appear so on the embark preparation screen: hammerdwarves etc.). In the meantime I'll try to generate another world and - if this won't help - remove the controllable tag from dwarves.

Maybe no kobold civs survived worldgen

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2008, 05:04:34 pm »

No, I've tried this too with a huge number of modded races.  Kobolds would generate and survive worldgen just fine - but they wouldn't be playable.  I think it has to do with [UTTERANCES], actually, because I played with that tag and it helped once, but yes - having tested, I used the exact same set of worldgen seeds and parameters two times, one with both Dwarves and Kobolds CIV_CONTROLLABLE, and once with just kobolds.

With the kob + dorf world, only dorfs were playable, but kobolds did gen.

With the kob only world, kobolds were playable again, and the exact same set of kobold/dwarf civs genned.  (the dwarfs, of course, were not playable).

I then tested on a larger scale, with four or five playable civs, and again, Kobs failed to show up.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

krige

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2008, 05:23:44 pm »

Maybe... I've removed UTTERANCES but did not specify a language for them. I'm currently finishing a gen with human language added to the entity. Could help.

[edit] Didn't help but I've got another lead: errorlog shows a large number of Unrecognizable Site Token errors.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 05:33:17 pm by krige »
Sheriff of Nottingham: That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.

Gobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2008, 05:32:03 pm »

I've played Kobolds with UTTERANCES still on.
You'll never be able to look at the chains in your Fortress the same way again.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2008, 05:38:28 pm »

With other playable races?

krige

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2008, 05:40:44 pm »

Finally working. A typo in LIKES_SITE tag was the culprit. Arrghh...

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2008, 05:43:36 pm »

I seem to be unable to find the latest version of the raws. The version I found I'm not exactly sure is the latest, so I'm a bit reluctant to test it. I'll go through the thread again, but it'd be nice if someone could point it out.

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2008, 05:59:15 pm »

So have I, but not with other races enabled and UTTERANCES on at the same time.  One or the other.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2008, 06:01:28 pm »

So have I, but not with other races enabled and UTTERANCES on at the same time.  One or the other.
Both with me. Works fine. Seems the typo noted above was the culprit.
 Utterances seems to just screw around with the language files, as opposed to messing around with the ability to speak.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 42