Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42

Author Topic: Kobold Camp  (Read 155243 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp
« Reply #600 on: March 11, 2010, 12:09:47 am »

Love this.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 11, 2010, 12:25:15 am »

Eh, is there a link to the latest latest version? I'm no modder, and I don't want to go fucking up my computer...
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 11, 2010, 01:38:29 am »

Neither of you could be bothered to read page 40?
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 11, 2010, 01:46:44 am »

Sorry. >.>;
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 11, 2010, 05:46:25 am »

I've actually read that page ><
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 11, 2010, 05:52:51 am »

It's so hard but fun! I've just updated a really really really old version that I was using (goodbye, my chieftain of awesome!) and life is harder and easier, at the same time! ;D
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 22, 2010, 11:26:00 am »

I like the idea of playing as kobolds...however i have some questions, and i didnt want to read through 40 pages (sorry). I looked at the raw files, but that doesnt help much. So if anyone could answer me, or provide a link to some sort of a FAQ i would be grateful.
1.Do other civs ambush you?
2.Do they siege you?
3.Do they trade with you?
4.I see you cant do anything with metal. Can you make obsidian swords?
5.No mechanic job permitted. So...no traps, no advanced traps and nothing that uses mechanisms?
if true then : Also what is the point of permitted animal training if you cant catch creatures?
6.Not sure if i understand mining...soil yes, stone no? How was that modded in?
7.Do you get immigrants?
8.Do you get nobles? Do you get dungeon master? Can he smelt anything?
OOT, can he be modded to use armorsmithing, blacksmithing, etc? On the first page I read an explanation concerning copper stuff and someone said that they come from some sort of kobold capital that is advanced enough to produce them - perhaps a noble blacksmith could be a reward for high population and exported wealth?
9.In normal game, you never see anything about kobolds when you search for a site...Does that mean that their civilization and caravans reach everywhere, like dwarves? Including islands?
10.Do they have thoughts like dwarves? Are there any differences? Like, for example, "kobold was disgusted by a terrible waterfall recently"?
11.Do they get strange moods?

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #607 on: March 22, 2010, 12:01:27 pm »

I like the idea of playing as kobolds...however i have some questions, and i didnt want to read through 40 pages (sorry). I looked at the raw files, but that doesnt help much. So if anyone could answer me, or provide a link to some sort of a FAQ i would be grateful.
1.Do other civs ambush you?
Yes.
2.Do they siege you?
Yes.
3.Do they trade with you?
Yes.
4.I see you cant do anything with metal. Can you make obsidian swords?
Not sure.
5.No mechanic job permitted. So...no traps, no advanced traps and nothing that uses mechanisms?
Bingo.
if true then : Also what is the point of permitted animal training if you cant catch creatures?
No idea. Probably an oversight.
6.Not sure if i understand mining...soil yes, stone no? How was that modded in?
It's not. You can mine all the stone you like, but people choose not to.
7.Do you get immigrants?
Yes.
8.Do you get nobles? Do you get dungeon master? Can he smelt anything?
Theoretically, yes.
OOT, can he be modded to use armorsmithing, blacksmithing, etc? On the first page I read an explanation concerning copper stuff and someone said that they come from some sort of kobold capital that is advanced enough to produce them - perhaps a noble blacksmith could be a reward for high population and exported wealth?
9.In normal game, you never see anything about kobolds when you search for a site...Does that mean that their civilization and caravans reach everywhere, like dwarves? Including islands?
Yes, as they're the playable civilization.
10.Do they have thoughts like dwarves? Are there any differences? Like, for example, "kobold was disgusted by a terrible waterfall recently"?
Yes, but their thoughts are the same as dwarfs.
11.Do they get strange moods?
Yes, as they're the playable race.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 22, 2010, 12:06:38 pm »

No, and that's not possible. It is, however, possible to mod nobles in the next version, although it'll then be impossible to control which specific labours they do. You'll be able to create a noble which does work, but not one that'll specifically smith or hunt or anything.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 22, 2010, 08:25:15 pm »

No, and that's not possible. It is, however, possible to mod nobles in the next version, although it'll then be impossible to control which specific labours they do. You'll be able to create a noble which does work, but not one that'll specifically smith or hunt or anything.

Could always just use Dwarf Therapist, it doesnt care whether or not the labour actually exists for them or not.
Just use the smithing like people do the mining, self control.  ;)
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 23, 2010, 09:43:24 pm »

anyone got a cutebold update png that has the pups/baby graphics? I noticed some of my cutebolds are carrying around fishingbolds.

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 24, 2010, 04:10:23 pm »

This is ridiculous. Not only are they weak and pathetic, my civilization managed to die out while my 7 were founding a new camp...probably. Legends say nothing.
In 1, kobold xxx became the leader of Soboblorsnin.
In 4, kobold yyy became outpost liason of Soboblorsnin.
In early spring of 132 .... founded Flistrimbus.
In late autumn of 132 .... abandoned Flistrimbus.
Glorious histories indeed.

Is this normal?Common?Bug?(there is nothing in legends)
I would carry on, but i am depressed every time i see that hundred of -wooden cup- intended to be sold. Also now I cant build a well, grr.

However the mod is nice. I enjoyed playing as a primitive race. I got that magnificent feeling that i get when watching first minutes of 2001 Space Odyssey, thinking to myself: The Dawn of Kobold.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 24, 2010, 11:09:17 pm »

Kobolds are generally cannon fodder in the vanilla game, and many other places see them that way.  So it is entirely likely they can die out, and from what I can gather Kobold Civs  are always based on a cave, and since that means they don't build towns or sites, you never see a random "Kobold settlement" away from the cage.

As stated alot of this is self-control or how you view kobolds.  For example my 'bolds will often  take over ruins (if I can find one to settle in) and build one smelter for the leather beds.   
Raw wise I genned them a language using DF Lang using Dwarven Elven Human and Goblin language files (gobbos cause they trade, the rest cause they kidnap folks, sometimes children who already speak there native language -in my mind-)  chopped out utterances and ... added Furnace operator, and wait for a mason to show up to build the smelter.   sometimes you can get blocks from the gobbos.

But that's just how I envision my kobolds tribal yes, but not "ultraprimative".

also sorry for the ramble

Also check out one my Human ruin takeovers on DFMA:  Spongytown!~
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:10:55 pm by Kaelem Gaen »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 24, 2010, 11:13:56 pm »

Hey, what do you think'll be done for the next version? I know that koboldy workshops will definately be up, as well as nobles (Chieftain, Shamans, etc.)
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 24, 2010, 11:49:14 pm »

I think the next version's first release (the tentative KC 2010 Mod?)  they might be a bit more advanced than these guys with all the custom workshops.   Definitely more tribal-based nobles as you stated.  otherwise I'm not sure how much else will be changed from what we got.

Though I think if castes and burrows are in the first release of DF 2010 I assume they'll get alot more thinks included.  Can't think of what off the top of my head though.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42