Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42

Author Topic: Kobold Camp  (Read 155312 times)

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp
« Reply #495 on: October 09, 2009, 06:34:53 pm »

Soo.... Anyone care to upload the latest version, with Smelting and [CAN_STONE]. Maybe [STONE_PREF]?

I feel like such a peasant with an outdated version.
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 09, 2009, 06:37:18 pm »

No "real" valid update since most people have splintered off into their own designs for the Kobolds.

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 09, 2009, 06:39:22 pm »

No "real" valid update since most people have splintered off into their own designs for the Kobolds.

Well, anyone care to upload their Version, with details on changes?
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

Cles

• Bay Watcher
  • I need some Cave Spider silk parachutes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 10, 2009, 05:44:50 am »

Looks like Shadetree has the numbers all crunched there. Should we compile some sort of 'update' with all of the weapons and custom job names in?

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 10, 2009, 07:46:14 am »

When the next version comes out, I'll be willing to lend a hand as far as modding it into a new Kobold Camp. Until then, though, probably too close to release to worry a lot about making a huge mod like this, as the raw format in the next version will be completely different.
!!&!!

Cles

• Bay Watcher
  • I need some Cave Spider silk parachutes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 10, 2009, 05:00:15 pm »

I guess you're right. I was going to make a mod that consisted of some very frightening creatures that were supposed to be made from wrought iron, moved and attacked incredibly fast and that injected poison into dwarves, but when I read that I can make them out of actual iron and make them inject much more Fun poisons in the next version I just decided to wait.

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 13, 2009, 11:50:28 am »

I've been going into this mod somewhat haphazardly -- I copied down the weapons (shovel/chopper, etc.) & the graphics and pasted them into vanilla Dwarf Fortress, but for some reason I can't embark with shovels or choppers, making the whole thing pointless since I can't cut down any trees or mine any stone to make tools.

How do I fix this?

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 13, 2009, 11:56:56 am »

I recall I once had the same problem, but got around it when I made them as weapons as well as tools.

They still used 'em normally. Hell if I know what caused 'em not to want to recognize 'em as their own tools, but that's modding for you.

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 13, 2009, 12:32:28 pm »

I recall I once had the same problem, but got around it when I made them as weapons as well as tools.

They still used 'em normally. Hell if I know what caused 'em not to want to recognize 'em as their own tools, but that's modding for you.

They are listed as weapons -- its just that I can't buy them at embark. Kobolds have Axeman to use Choppers and Miner to use Shovels, but I can't seem to get them.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 13, 2009, 12:54:00 pm »

Then paint me red and call me an idiot, I can't remember what it was then that I did to fix that part.

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 13, 2009, 04:08:47 pm »

Then paint me red and call me an idiot, I can't remember what it was then that I did to fix that part.

Dang. I know that the modded version posted earlier in the thread lets you buy them at embark, but I don't know what part of the code allows that to happen.

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 13, 2009, 04:24:44 pm »

Post your errorlog.txt. Most likely you have a tag missing a [ or used the wrong syntax; happens all the time.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 14, 2009, 10:17:28 am »

They are listed as weapons -- its just that I can't buy them at embark. Kobolds have Axeman to use Choppers and Miner to use Shovels, but I can't seem to get them.

Did you make sure to list them in the entity file?
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 19, 2009, 02:46:57 pm »

Bump. Someone actually update this? Anyone? This is pretty awesome. Need an updated upload.

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 20, 2009, 09:56:05 am »

I've been playing this mod with the Civ. Forge unleashed mod bolted onto it. Survival beyond the first year has eluded me so far: I keep getting overwhelmed by Silver Xelics, Dyanasauri & Vamari before my population even hits 40. Still, its fun as hell testing out new survival strategies against enemies that outclass you in every way.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42