Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42

Author Topic: Kobold Camp  (Read 155248 times)

Cles

• Bay Watcher
  • I need some Cave Spider silk parachutes.
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp
« Reply #465 on: September 25, 2009, 02:51:38 am »

They had shovels.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 25, 2009, 01:35:03 pm »

Picks were to big for the little guys to carry efficiently, and would cause job cancellation spam.
 One reason I am not wanting to do the add sharp to lots of rock is the major damage bonus it gives the weapons made. They remove any reason for getting the Copper weapons that are a kobold staple. It would also lead to basic quality Copper Ore Short Sword being far more powerful then an actual Copper short sword of masterwork quality.

That being said, I think I've found a nice place, Haunted mountains, chasm and pit somewhere, HFS, Cave river brook Goblin tunnel and some trees. all in a 9x10 area yay ::)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 25, 2009, 03:24:38 pm »

Goodbye, framerate. ;_;

Cles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 25, 2009, 05:07:40 pm »

We could always reduce the effectiveness of the ores or shortswords, but that might mean having to remake the world (I'm not certain.) and I agree with Abu, such a large site, while perfect will destroy the frame rate. I have a pretty good laptop, with 4gb ram and 2.17 ghz, it still lags down quite a bit around 50 or so people on a 4x4 map. Then again I have quite a bit of movie fluids sometimes.

shaska

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 25, 2009, 05:56:48 pm »

She singlehandedly took out 2 waves of an elven mounted 3 wave siege, without even taking a scratch... I don't think I'll ever be able to look at kobolds the same way again  :o

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 26, 2009, 12:07:28 am »

I know, Im cycling the world gen thing to find a better one, but caves count as towns or the like, so its hard to find any sites near them let alone in a haunted biome. I understand the issue with it hence the emote. if I find a better one I will swap out.

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 26, 2009, 01:18:59 am »

She singlehandedly took out 2 waves of an elven mounted 3 wave siege, without even taking a scratch... I don't think I'll ever be able to look at kobolds the same way again  :o

Yeah, kobold soldiers are awesome. I had like a dozen of such overpowered monstrosities to protect my settlement from harm... except that the civilians were no less brave, so whenever something managed to come close enough to aggravate them, they'd rush in a huge torrent of unarmoured, untrained savages who rip and tear everything in their way.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 26, 2009, 01:36:05 am »

I have found that kobolds are actually more capable then most creatures when swarming an enemy. trained up they are good, but I have killed megabeasts with the starting seven before with no added training and only a few red wounds. Dwarves just dont do that for some reason.

Also, found a better one 7xsomething Mata Standtakes the Absolute Competition is the current resident along with the standard trolls. chasm hidden pit and HFS pond near embark, brook at top corner of the map, sort of far but existent. lots of Undead trees, no apparent undead creatures at this point. I think this will be the spot, can be accessed by all civs.

Its the best one Ive found worth its salt. had one better 7x5 problem was it had no trees, and the watter was from a brook on the other side of a chasam, and the arrival site was on the end of the chasum, so ... troglodytes.

also the resident is an enemy of an entity called The Muscular Fellowship, I can just see a bunch of body builders coming to exact their revenge for the stolen wild strawberry (the cause for the enemy status)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 26, 2009, 01:40:09 am »

It's probably their higher natural armor due to smallness? I dunno.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 26, 2009, 01:57:13 am »

It's probably their higher natural armor due to smallness? I dunno.
I just messed up my scout run of the site by pissing off the resident by accident. and I think the deciding factor is their speed. they seem to make their enemies be over-exerted much easier then other races.

Cles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 26, 2009, 02:57:48 am »

It's been a while since I last played Camp. What sort of weapons do the 'bolds have? I think they had bows and spears, right? I know there are classes for all the other weapons.

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 26, 2009, 04:10:27 am »

Bows, spears, knives/swords, crude axes. They can use hammers and maces, IIRC, if you loot them.

Cles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 26, 2009, 04:59:32 am »

Does producing weapons out of ore really increase their effectiveness beyond that of worked metal? I really don't see how it would in DF.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 26, 2009, 05:03:27 am »

I remember that all stone weapons are hardcoded at 133% damage compared to iron. And making a weapon out of ore would mean adding [SHARP] to said ores. Meaning that they have the 133% damage rate too.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Cles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 26, 2009, 05:06:41 am »

Balls.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42