Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42

Author Topic: Kobold Camp  (Read 155247 times)

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp
« Reply #450 on: September 23, 2009, 11:27:17 pm »

they should worship all the special sites on the embark. Im currently trying to locate a cave without kobolds in it with adventure mode, cause they wont appear even if you check the yes param.

how did you get them able to use copper in the craft workshop? that would be worth gening a new world for the site.

I was thinking it was going to be succession and then when that meets its end, i think I will have enough time to wright a Community kamp.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #451 on: September 23, 2009, 11:29:43 pm »

So, will this be a community fort or succession game? I vote succession. Also, if we're having a volcano of any sort I vote the 'bolds worship it. (Edit) Same goes for HFS ;) I suggest a vertical incision from above that they can toss living things into.

I like the way you think. For world-gen convenience, I think that worshiping the volcano may be enough. The HFS can go or stay. I can very easily picture Kobolds dumping victims into the throat of the Magma God.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 24, 2009, 12:57:09 am »

How do you all build your camps generally? I usually do the 2x2 huts as you see in the picture(14wood), other times I make 1x1 Mounds  (10wood) I once made a pyramid type hotel that housed 25 bolds in 3 block rooms on 3 levels.

I like the Idea of the training chamber, you would want you other kobolds to be fairly busy to give the trainee a nice amount of time to learn.

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 24, 2009, 01:16:22 am »

I like to build a large building that serves as a dining hall and storage of essentials, with workshops - food, bones, leather, kitchens, carver's workshops, leatherworks, etcetera. For living, there's smaller buildings with 1x1 bedrooms made of beds, plus at least one communal barracks.

Cles

• Bay Watcher
  • I need some Cave Spider silk parachutes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 24, 2009, 11:03:30 am »

I go for an utterly bizarre main hall with tiny treehouse-like bits branching off it into the air (to serve as lookout posts and tiny barracks), and a cellar for storage which is otherwise like AbuDhabi does. Then I surround it with something akin to Japanese strip houses for the other 'bolds and as makeshift walls. I like them to be able to access the rooftops easily from the inside of their buildings. Also, I generally go for two different wells, one for the main hall and one for the outside (in case I need to lockdown all of my 'bolds inside for any mirriad of reasons.) And if I'm feeling creative I make little escape routes out of each room sealed up with a wooden floor tile, each of the tunnels leading into the main hall's cellar and under the carp look-out tower.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 24, 2009, 11:46:19 am »

neat, again about making copper items at the craftbold shop...

otherwise i think I'll just make a copper anvil they can grab at embark.

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 24, 2009, 11:59:28 am »

I'd suggest this reaction for a granite anvil (some of the first anvils were made of stone; primarily granite). Takes 3 blocks of granite to make 1 granite anvil. Seems a bit more 'boldy to use granite anvil than a copper one.

[REACTION:CARVE_GRANITE_ANVIL]
[NAME:carve granite anvil]
[SMELTER]
[REAGENT:3:BLOCKS:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:GRANITE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:ANVIL:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:GRANITE]

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 24, 2009, 12:52:55 pm »

problem is that requires furnace operator... I suppose that would be fine as long as there is no wood burning.

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 24, 2009, 12:59:14 pm »

Dwarf Foreman, Manager or Therapist make a beautiful assistance when making temporary "RP" changes.

Merely set a worker to the skill using the above tools and do what you need then remove the skill.

edit: I forgot to mention you can also add/remove professions to the Kobold entity file on the fly without regens if you prefer that way.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 24, 2009, 04:47:37 pm »

It finally worked, not sure why but now its showing me Caves, I will start scouting promising sites momentarily.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 24, 2009, 05:24:13 pm »

Oddly enough, viewing caves is an option on World Gen. So it's not in the Init.

Cles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 24, 2009, 11:53:49 pm »

Oh, sorry Bloogonis, I was going to answer you but got distracted with the kamp-building question. You know that tag that Obsidian has? [SHARP] or something, I believe. I simply slapped that onto materials like flint and copper ore and was able to make shortswords at the craftbold's workshop. Now, this was a while ago, so I'm not 100% sure if that was all that it took to make it work.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 25, 2009, 02:10:16 am »

Any weapon which has CAN_STONE may be crafted out of any SHARP rock, in craftsman workshop, so you're right.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Cles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 25, 2009, 02:17:15 am »

Clubs, axes and shortswords then? Maybe even the shovels/picks?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 25, 2009, 02:33:25 am »

Add CAN_STONE, and it's possible.

As far as I remember, there were no picks in the earlier versions. Is it still like that?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42