Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42

Author Topic: Kobold Camp  (Read 155156 times)

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp
« Reply #435 on: September 23, 2009, 08:48:56 am »

Me too.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 23, 2009, 03:29:44 pm »

Anything in perticular that you want on the map? I'm test running  a site that has all mountain features - magma and pool. it also has a Goblin Road beneath it. thought it would be a nice RP for the run that they are making the camp to pilfer the riches transported in there*. but it has a few draw backs, very few(as in almost no) non vermin animals. curently there are 3 mountain goats. so its a fairly boring map as of now.

So, what I am getting at is what kind of kamp do you want to run? we can make it crazy and I can try and find a site with mass quantities of undead, or a magma pipe (always leads to "FUN" in my games for some reason) or I can mod in some things to make it more interesting. do I hear Orcs? what do y'all want?

*RP doesn't require creative righting, it just means that you have set goals that are only part of play so don't let it make you nervous.

Cles

• Bay Watcher
  • I need some Cave Spider silk parachutes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 23, 2009, 03:36:55 pm »

OP here. I'd love to join a kobold succession game.

Edit: I don't know about you guys, but personally, I like to mod my 'bolds with the ability to make stone tools and weapons. I don't dig far and typically never dig stone unless mining an exposed vein. I modified flint and copper ore to be used for weapon crafting at the craftbold's workshop. Also, we totally need a Testing Tower at the center of the village which needs to be filled with water. 'bolds who are thought weak or dishonored must go inside. The tower will be then filled with water and they must survive until they gain swimming skil and some stat increases or perish.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 03:42:14 pm by Cles »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #438 on: September 23, 2009, 03:42:01 pm »

Well if it's going to be a Kobold Kamp, I'd expect a cave. Maybe a cave river to go with that. With a side order of chasm or pit.

Magma almost seems unkoboldy, but I'm not concerned one way or the other.

Of course, I don't know about anybody else, but a hostile surface world to go with a cave full of enemies, a different kind of cave full of enemies, and a damp cave full of enemies makes sense.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Cles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 23, 2009, 03:44:32 pm »

Caves are a must-have. Also, trees. Many trees. During one of my first games I started on a site with human ruins, and that was fun.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 23, 2009, 04:00:19 pm »

OP here. I'd love to join a kobold succession game.

... I modified flint and copper ore to be used for weapon crafting at the craftbold's workshop....

Can I maybe get your copy using DFFD? I think I will add mechanics to the entity jobs list before its ready. whats the best way to locate a cave that is not already kobold inhabited? Its always annoying when you have a large number of NPC kobolds.

Test Kamp
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Im starting to like the Idea of Major danger above as well as below. The site will have HFS, not really for digging out, but if we want to get the leader to come for some reason, drop an imaginary (unmentioned) shaft to the blue shiny stuff dwarves like so much.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 23, 2009, 04:04:59 pm »

I'm thinking chasm or cave, also agreing with the wood, wood will be needed to build and to gaurente an elf seige.

@Cles: Stone tools will deffinetly make sense, you have my agreement on this issue
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Cles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 23, 2009, 04:10:04 pm »

I will see if I can dig it up. No promises though, it was long ago, a month or so after I first learned of kobold camp (I think it was the very first incarnation of it on /tg/). Kobolds are trap-makers by nature, but are mechanisms a little much? I guess there just aren't any other ways to create traps, such as pits or ropes.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 23, 2009, 04:16:39 pm »

The mechanisms are just representative of mechanical know how. all the [T]raps that dont need levers are fairly basic. stone fall drops a rock on someone. cage trap drops a cage. we would have to have a preset rule for no weapon traps or levers (exceped for reasonable lopsided one off mega(mini) projects.

also wells are sort of a must, since Kobolds tend to develop grudges more then dwarves, that lack of a well thought often pushes them over the edge and things get broken.

Cles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 23, 2009, 04:32:23 pm »

That and they ignore water source zones for the most part.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 23, 2009, 04:36:32 pm »

Oh what about the starting seven? I usually go with

5/10 woodcutter
5/10 Carpenter
5/10 miner
4/10 fisherbold
5/10 trap 0/10 Animal trainer
5/10 fish cleaner
trader, but I havent used it for a while since I deconstruct the Depot each time. so maybe a 5/10 pacifier to prevent grudge feuds?

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 23, 2009, 04:51:54 pm »

A leatherworker/bone carver would be nice. For gearing up the 'bolds in armour quickly.

Cles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 23, 2009, 04:55:46 pm »

Good to have a warrior/pacifier to become a sheriff of a sort?. I'd like a carpenter named after me.
We can make the miner a minor job, since we shouldn't dig too far besides exposed veins, shallow burrows and maybe expanding of a cave (just a few tiles).

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #448 on: September 23, 2009, 05:10:54 pm »

If we're naming them, I'd like Pytringus, Digger.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Cles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 23, 2009, 10:16:28 pm »

So, will this be a community fort or succession game? I vote succession. Also, if we're having a volcano of any sort I vote the 'bolds worship it. (Edit) Same goes for HFS ;) I suggest a vertical incision from above that they can toss living things into.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 10:19:00 pm by Cles »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42