Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42

Author Topic: Kobold Camp  (Read 155154 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp
« Reply #420 on: August 15, 2009, 05:12:41 am »

Hmmm, sorry if this has already been answered, but how do you make it possible to play kobolds in adventure mode?
Edit:  Nevermind, messed something up and just fixed it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 05:32:34 am by Rakonas »

milaga

• Bay Watcher
  • No Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 15, 2009, 12:35:48 pm »

The problem with not being able to manage labours for your kobolds ingame, and the option to slaughter 'em, is because you replaced that INTELLIGENT tag with CAN_LEARN and CAN_CIV.

So if you put that back, it should be normal again. It does the same thing that CAN_LEARN and CAN_CIV do, except less slaughtering your own kubbo's

the INTELLIGENT tag also includes the CAN_SPEAK tag, which I didn't want. When I got rid of ITEM_THIEF the other civs seemed amenable to trading. So I figured taking away CAN_SPEAK would fix that. It did, but I then couldn't control the kobolds. I guess I could give them BABY_SNATCHER, but I don't really want kobold civs with non-kobolds around because of the snatchings.
Thanks for that...  now I have the image of Urist McBooger walking up to me with a creepy smile and asking me if I want a "dwarven shower".

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 15, 2009, 01:41:32 pm »

I thought the kobolds language was untranslatable, maybe add the UTTERANCES tag? why exactly did you want to remove the Item thief tag? you can always claim all the items by taking down your depot. the only reason I would think it would be needed would be in order to be chummy with your neighbors.

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 20, 2009, 12:09:21 am »

Antlers and horns will be enabled in the next release, which means that instead of shovels, kobolds can have more primitive-feeling antler picks instead of shovels. Antler picks were traditionally used to mine flint for stone weapons and tools during the Neolithic and there are numerous well-preserved mines that have them scattered around. Once material properties are more realistically implemented, it may also be possible to have tools only able to mine stones up to a certain hardness which would add another degree of challenge.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 20, 2009, 06:37:34 pm »

Finaly, Ive always felt unfulfilled not getting horns and antlers from the thousands of skeletal elk dear and Muskox I kill on my current Dwarf map. only zombie horses on my current kobold map, and I must hide from them always.

durt101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 22, 2009, 01:36:14 am »

Hey guys? How do I download and play this mod without screwing up my other games? I especially want to keep my tileset on my original game.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 22, 2009, 02:24:52 am »

The great thing about Dwarf Fortress is that you can download as many copies as you want.

(Just download a new copy of Dwarf Fortress, rename the folder "Kobold Camp" and put the files in there)

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 02, 2009, 02:50:37 pm »

ah, Koboldy goodness, I need to make a new camp so how about I do that when I get back from class and submit some Visual fortress picks tomorrow! make some suggestions for features you want to see in the kamp and I will oblige to the best of my ability.

Im thinking about starting a new thread for Kobold camp as the OP and such are no longer active. on improving the mod, I am currently getting my butt handed to me by this rampant growth mod I'm working on. also Im wondering how Milaga is progressing with his update.

Chromie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 08, 2009, 06:41:54 pm »

Oh jeez. I get a camp up and running, and my hunter happily exterminated the gophers. She absolutely can't catch a horse though. She'll chase one all over the map, break to drink, and start up again.

I took her off hunting duty to work on her social skills, and get a speed boost. She just started a romance too, with the leatherworker/clerk hopefully I'll get some pups soon.

Also, did you nerf the sell price of foods? I sold some tallow biscuits for an impossibly measly stack of meat and a few pieces of leather.

I'm finding myself way more attached to Kobold 'personalities' than I usually am for dwarfs!

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 09, 2009, 05:35:21 pm »

I like this mod very much. I love how 'bold justice just doesn't care about fistfights among the citizens. I love how there's very little seeds and stone, sending my FPS through the roof.

Chromie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 10, 2009, 03:50:54 am »

Uh oh.

I got an elf siege (wrestlers and crossbowelfs) and despite multiple paths to my camp, and kobolds walking quite near them to get water, they stayed near the edge of the map.

I'm quite happy to ignore them until they leave, but, I'm curious what's going wrong here.

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 10, 2009, 04:15:06 am »

It's probably a side-effect of them not sneaking in. Elf sieges are broken in KC, a bit.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 22, 2009, 11:13:46 pm »

would anyone be interested in a community or succession game involving this mod? Just wondering, cause we cant allow it to die, and garner some greater support for the mod.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #433 on: September 23, 2009, 12:34:51 am »

Well, if there's some other players... sure. Just so long as I'm not right at the beginning, I'll take a year or two. Just so long as novelizations are not required.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 23, 2009, 03:05:19 am »

I'll ceartinaly join in any community fort that uses this mod.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42