Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42

Author Topic: Kobold Camp  (Read 155037 times)

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp
« Reply #390 on: July 10, 2009, 12:24:35 am »

I'm not sure if this has already been covered in this thread, I did a search and couldn't find it. But in the version of Kobold Camp I got from here http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Kobold_Camp I can't seem to go up or down z-levels. Also is there any way of making doors out of wood, or do I need to dig down to get stone? The game won't let me place beds in my huts as they are considered to be "outside." I'm assuming a door will fix this.

I think that release of Kobold Camp is using one of the older version of Mike Maydays tilesets. The key bindings were screwed up. Numpad_+ and numpad_- are Z up and down, if I remember correctly.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 10, 2009, 01:41:41 am »

Just figured it out, z-level change in this version is / and * for some reason. Cheers for the roof tip, I worked that out not long after I posted the question. Any idea about doors? It would be nice to keep out invaders somehow.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 10, 2009, 10:59:01 am »

Moats.

Moats, moats, and more moats.

Moats fix everything.

Synzig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 11, 2009, 01:30:26 pm »

I've been playing this a lot recently, and I'm having great success!  Staying low-tech, too.. no metal aside from copper weapons.

My 4 soldiers in full bone and shell plate wrestle and kill EVERYTHING.  I've just started giving them copper swords for extra killy power.  These guys also bring in 90% of my food by strangling wildlife.  It's amazing to watch.

And now my question:

I've noticed that I can't get my kobolds to use bows or blowguns.  I've tried using each install of the mod with no success.  What's wrong?  And more importantly.. how do I fix it?  My wrestlers are far too powerful at this point and it's making the game no fun, so I'm going to drown them or let the carp taste them.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 02:51:24 pm by Synzig »

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 11, 2009, 02:58:01 pm »

Bow and blowgun skill arnt available for playable races, I think they would work if you set those weapons to Crossbow skill.

Don't kill your warriors, when you piss of the elves they will be usefull. Kobold Kamp was the first time I actually had fun killing elves, its just to easy as a Dwarf so I generally let them live in DF now in hopes of breeding pairs of exotic animals. If you have trouble pissing them off, start a Kobold mega project, like a bunch of little k's built around the camp in lopsided tribal manner, that many trees downed should do the trick.

I have a question, is this still being worked on? If not is anyone interested in working on an upgrade?

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 11, 2009, 03:07:22 pm »

Which one is the latest version? Is it in the OP?

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 11, 2009, 05:31:16 pm »

Which one is the latest version? Is it in the OP?

The version in the OP is not the latest version. I don't know exactly what the latest version is, but the latest version linked in this thread is here.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 11, 2009, 06:58:18 pm »

Awww ninja'd!

oh and the Kobolds i was talking about are from Beefmos graphics set. the Beefmos graphic set is here http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=34834.0

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 14, 2009, 03:42:33 pm »

I know, double :o

I was wondering if anyone has had a dwarf seige? or any for that matter other then elf. I have a 5 year old Kamp that has seen 3 elf seiges, and no sign of any other races. except for the Dwarven guy who likes to strike down goblins on the items the Thief-avan brings me. just thought it was odd.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 18, 2009, 11:22:55 am »

I know, double :o

I was wondering if anyone has had a dwarf seige? or any for that matter other then elf. I have a 5 year old Kamp that has seen 3 elf seiges, and no sign of any other races. except for the Dwarven guy who likes to strike down goblins on the items the Thief-avan brings me. just thought it was odd.

I haven't had any seiges save for a goblin ambush.

...I just embarked on a 4x4 with magma (pipe), a river, and a helluvalotta skeletal carp, horses, sturgeons, and sea lamphreys.

We lasted a month. Damn skeletal horses.

Krisnack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 25, 2009, 11:36:56 pm »

There's something that's been bugging me. On occasion an immigrant will arrive with a 'non standard' skill suck as mechanics, however a while later I will get the message that he or she has 'become a peasant'. When I look at them later, they have lost the non-standard skill but can still perform the associated action (i.e. constructing mechanisms) and can regain the skill with practice. How do I prevent them from loosing the skill in the first place?

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 26, 2009, 01:26:16 am »

I dont think they lose the skill, they just gain more social skills and because its a non standard skill it loses presidency. making them master level should prevent the switch back.

also... you lucky bastard! I never get mechanics

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 26, 2009, 03:53:49 am »

The "easiest" way to keep those special kobolds(one's that know jobs that you can't set for kobolds, mechanics, metalworks etc.) from turning into peasants, is to either turn off a meeting zone, so they won't bump into each other and talk as much, or to just make a workshop and work them up to Novice.

I am quite sure after someone gets Novice skill at something, he doesn't turn into Peasant even if he has Legendary Liar.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 26, 2009, 05:33:22 pm »

I wish,to bad if that were the case 1) mounts would suffocate when the kobold entered the map 2) Kobold would drown when they entered the map
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42