Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42

Author Topic: Kobold Camp  (Read 154590 times)

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp
« Reply #375 on: June 08, 2009, 04:39:15 pm »

I just dug deep cause i'm using the Kobolds beefmo made and I wanted to see the king sprite in action... well, I found that kobolds are lazy, all five carpenters decided at the moment I peirced the chamber to go to sleep or on break. so I gave everyone carpentry, still had to wait a hole minute for anyone to decide to do a crapentry job... well long story short spirits of fire arn't afraid of Kobolds at all, 52 kobolds burned to death, 37 from a single SoF...

The queen showed up just before the last one burned to death so yay sprite! and she was an elite shooter so I think, yay I can kill the one SoF inside the base and hide in there untill I can make enough ammo and train everyone to shoot demons, long story short, SoF don't fear Kobolds for a reason

forces of the underworld 52 kobolds 0

losing is fun ;D

Ratepe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 09, 2009, 04:54:25 pm »

Any way I can play this mod without the graphics? It seems to really mess with my laptop :(

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 09, 2009, 08:48:58 pm »

ya, its still DF just remove the graphics files in the graphics folder in the raws

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 09, 2009, 08:50:36 pm »

Any way I can play this mod without the graphics? It seems to really mess with my laptop :(

Go into the innit and turn off graphics.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 09, 2009, 09:52:23 pm »

ya, its still DF just remove the graphics files in the graphics folder in the raws

I mean no offense, but did you actually try that before giving out advice? Following that advice would just cause DF to crash when you launch it.

Go into the innit and turn off graphics.

This is the right advice.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Ratepe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 09, 2009, 09:55:30 pm »

Thanks gents! I just had to do a little more than that to fix it, but you lead me in the right direction <3 (like fixing the grids and the screen resolution and the fonts, but its cool :D)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:21:40 pm by Ratepe »

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 10, 2009, 06:00:10 am »

Thanks gents! I just had to do a little more than that to fix it, but you lead me in the right direction <3 (like fixing the grids and the screen resolution and the fonts, but its cool :D)

Yeah, I had to do more than turn off graphics too (I reverted the colors to original DF colors too). The window view was all scrunched up and it was all around bad. I would've given you advice on how to do that, but I had honestly forgot all the crap I had to do to get it running myself.

Jakkarra

« Reply #382 on: June 10, 2009, 09:43:41 am »

we need some more KuteBolds

Ratepe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 11, 2009, 08:21:35 pm »

How am I supposed to get rid of 3-4 pages of carp, sturgeons, sea lampreys and longnose gars? :(

Also, it seems that Kobolds do not enjoy prepared meals that consist of seeds :(
By not enjoy I mean that they would rather starve
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 10:28:24 pm by Ratepe »

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 11, 2009, 10:33:50 pm »

They are meat eaters. They can't eat plant matter. Its sad...

Also, playing in adventure mode is mega hard. Kobolds are weak and you can't start off with a dagger. You can start with a sword but thats boring. I wanted a dagger so I repeatedly went into the nearest cave and tried to kill for some armor and and a dagger. I was never successful in getting away....

jryan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 12, 2009, 07:36:29 am »

It would be cool to get a code modder to change how moods work with Kobolds... like a kobold gets a few mood and will then leave the map in search of something to steal.

Only 1 in 10 return alive... and they usually come back with a single crossbow bolt.

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 01, 2009, 01:18:52 am »

I just dug deep cause i'm using the Kobolds beefmo made and I wanted to see the king sprite in action... well, I found that kobolds are lazy, all five carpenters decided at the moment I peirced the chamber to go to sleep or on break. so I gave everyone carpentry, still had to wait a hole minute for anyone to decide to do a crapentry job... well long story short spirits of fire arn't afraid of Kobolds at all, 52 kobolds burned to death, 37 from a single SoF...

The queen showed up just before the last one burned to death so yay sprite! and she was an elite shooter so I think, yay I can kill the one SoF inside the base and hide in there untill I can make enough ammo and train everyone to shoot demons, long story short, SoF don't fear Kobolds for a reason

forces of the underworld 52 kobolds 0

losing is fun ;D

Excuse me good sir, but do you have a link to said kobolds?
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 09, 2009, 09:43:50 pm »

I'm not sure if this has already been covered in this thread, I did a search and couldn't find it. But in the version of Kobold Camp I got from here http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Kobold_Camp I can't seem to go up or down z-levels. Also is there any way of making doors out of wood, or do I need to dig down to get stone? The game won't let me place beds in my huts as they are considered to be "outside." I'm assuming a door will fix this.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 09, 2009, 11:27:33 pm »

Nope, you have to put a roof on.

So you need to fix the z-levels.

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 09, 2009, 11:44:00 pm »

You go up by pressing shift+',' or shift+'<'. Down is shift+'.' or shift+'>'.
GENERATION 21:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42