Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42

Author Topic: Kobold Camp  (Read 155022 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp
« Reply #300 on: March 24, 2009, 02:47:50 pm »

That Steampunk Kobold Camp mod is coming along. Right now we're at the steam-powered water vehicles section.

Steampunk Kobold Camp mod?
Steam powered water vehicles?

Where and when is this happening? In the words of the lolcats, Do Want.

Tiler

• Bay Watcher
  • [ODOR_LEVEL:999]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 25, 2009, 10:23:56 pm »

I've been playing this mod completely the wrong way and enjoying it. I've even taken off the [Item_Thief] tag, which has the side effect of making elves want to trade with me instead of murdering me. And yell at me for utterly leveling a forest.

I've also taken advantage of the 'immigrants have unkobold-like skills' thing, which is annoying because I've been really holding out for a mechanic, and instead have been getting dumped with cheese makers, lye makers, potash makers, soap makers, and other soldiers-in-the-making.  The only useful little guys I have is a mason, a jeweler, wood burner, furnace operator, three metalworkers. Which would almost work out if I had metal. I do have obsidian though, so whoopie.

At least I have a statue garden for them to hold their unending parties in. They're lucky they're so cute; dwarves would be dead by now. :3

Oh, and now one of a bowmaker just went and made an artifact wood crossbow. How adorable. "Zizsaja", or, Horayspurned.

I wish the fish would come back, though.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 10:25:51 pm by Tiler »

Raz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 26, 2009, 01:13:32 am »

Everytime I read the title, I think it must be of some sort of concentration camp for kobolds.
"I can't wait to procrastinate!"

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 26, 2009, 04:35:12 am »

Oh, and now one of a bowmaker just went and made an artifact wood crossbow. How adorable. "Zizsaja", or, Horayspurned.

Was the bowmaker a immigrant? I can't find the bowmaker job in the labor menu.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Adalore

• Bay Watcher
  • Meep...
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #304 on: March 27, 2009, 05:15:21 pm »

I like the kobold pictures, though seeing that I can't stop doodling kobolds my self... jeeze, my sketchbooks will never be koboldless, there is like  a self deployed mandate.

Ima gonna have a round with it, and see how well I fair, probably not that well, seeing that my latest fort pretty much doomed it's self stupidly... note to self, GET A BROKER... :D

Edit - Daww... Ok the game runs way to slow for me to be able to play really, it's going at a constant 35-20fps... on a 2x2 area, jeeze.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 06:36:57 pm by Adalore »
I haves my own gallery matey!
www.adalore.deviantart.com
Not quite dwarfy enough yet.

Karadan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 28, 2009, 05:20:13 pm »

So, I'm having alot of fun with this mod, though I'm only about 10 seconds in.  One problem though is that my hunter doesn't seem to like the copper bow I got on embark, preferring to hunt deer with his bare hands (Which he is awesome at I will admit).

I made him a quiver and some arrows, but he doesn't pick them up.  Is there something special I need to do to get him to use them?
and have no idea ... if building buildings out of water is a bad idea.

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 28, 2009, 05:47:38 pm »

Um, well...  DF doesn't support much beyond what dwarves use as weapons in fortress mode.  You should've gotten a crossbow or something...

Karadan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 28, 2009, 06:03:37 pm »

crossbow wasn't an option.  Kobolds use bows, and the mod has been set as such.  Do I need to go mod some files or something?  I figured that would all be taken care of by the mod itself.

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 28, 2009, 06:26:44 pm »

Am I the only person that checks this thread for more of Gobbo's pics?

Karadan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 28, 2009, 06:30:33 pm »

If I say no will you answer my question?  :P

I'm actually about half-way through reading the whole thread, mostly because the pics are cool.

GENERATION 27:

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 28, 2009, 08:31:48 pm »

most definitely not

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 28, 2009, 08:52:27 pm »

If I say no will you answer my question?  :P

I'm actually about half-way through reading the whole thread, mostly because the pics are cool.

Did you download the version at the top of the thread or this one?

The version at the top of the thread does not have bows set to use crossbow skill and many other tweaks.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Karadan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 28, 2009, 10:37:02 pm »

Yeah, just found that as I was reading through.  I had the one at the start originally.  Downloaded the newer version and life is good for my little koby hunter.  Goats and hoary marmots fear him now.

These little guys are so much fun.  I mean sure, you could impose these restrictions on your dwarves and have a similar playstyle, but this is soo much fun!

Shame I'm going to have to start leaving out stuff for the koby thief in my DF games because I've grown attached to the little guys.

GENERATION 27:

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 29, 2009, 03:28:26 am »

Nope.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 30, 2009, 05:09:35 am »

On a camp of 300 kobolds I had a fair share of unfortunate accidents, one of which involved a baby losing her mother. I didn't even notice that had happened until I saw a hungry baby walking around the camp. Upon inspection, both her parents were dead. So I crossed the kobold off in advance, because orphans starve, right?

Apparently not with kobolds.

Months passed and I didn't get a mention of a baby dying of starvation, dehydration or anything of the sort. So I tracked the baby down.

Turns out that someone had given it water and food, and eventually the baby matured into a pup, and into a upstanding citizen for the camp.

I thought that orphan babies always kill themselves off. Why not in this case? And why don't my dwarves ever feed the orphans?

It is a mystery. Or then the kobolds need every possible pair of extra hands for the future, for that day when they know someone will raid their settlement.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 05:11:15 am by Ieb »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42