Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Suddenly Babies, EVERYWHERE!  (Read 3939 times)

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
Re: Suddenly Babies, EVERYWHERE!
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 12:13:44 am »

WHAT"BOUT"TEH"MUMS,KTHKBAI

LOLOL DILEMMA TIMUH!!!
(-.-''')

Killing the mom, and making the nearest ledge go into a baby farm, lock up rampagers, and sell them on EBay, or UBay...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 12:15:28 am »

Then why not just lock up all the mothers and kill the babies with them?  :V

You can't exactly herd babies. I've tried. They fall in lava.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 12:16:34 am »

He might not of thought of it, but I have! Drop the mother into a hole filled with water, have a bridge raise up as she falls, doing this a few times will eventually seperate the mother from the baby. Also: I think I may do the child thing, only have their parents locked in a 1x1 room made of fortifications, so they can watch their children die. Either that or channle off space so they can at least watch. :D then i'll lock them in there with their childrens roting corpses and drop water and rotting food down there, oh it will be so fun! Hahahah
-edit- Because its more evil to have the mothers cry over their children.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 12:17:32 am »

You hypocrite, you're helping with the death toll too.

Touche.

Skooma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 12:23:21 am »

I really hate the Plague of Babies. They are fucking useless.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 12:24:27 am »

Thats why you draft all new mothers and send them against the next goblin wave, maby even outfit the mothers in the best damned gear your fortress has, the babys at least will die, possibly the mothers, but hey, who cares.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 12:26:14 am »

What really irritates me is that looking at the mother will bring up the baby's information.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 12:27:29 am »

You hypocrite, you're helping with the death toll too.

Touche.
This list is your friend.
Ye goin to do somethin aboot it?

What really irritates me is that looking at the mother will bring up the baby's information.
And you mean?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 12:36:54 am by Foa »

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 12:32:39 am »

Thats why you draft all new mothers and send them against the next goblin wave, maby even outfit the mothers in the best damned gear your fortress has, the babies at least will die, possibly the mothers, but hey, who cares.

Nope. Spar with the sharpest things in the fort & full armor. Added bonus of having one of the moms with a baby on a stick, compared to letting a goblin have the kill.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 12:40:22 am »

Thats why you draft all new mothers and send them against the next goblin wave, maby even outfit the mothers in the best damned gear your fortress has, the babies at least will die, possibly the mothers, but hey, who cares.

Nope. Spar with the sharpest things in the fort & full armor. Added bonus of having one of the moms with a baby on a stick, compared to letting a goblin have the kill.
I like this, mothers killing their spawn, lock them in the barracks, with bed access, and send in food by bridge-locks.

Lets see if getting thrown at spikes is a bad idea.
  • Make sure to make the surrounding wall blocked by a channel this'll better be directly above the next floor, which is required to have wells, and buckets, and food ( via hollow tube + bridge-lock ) , you do want them to live, don't you.
  • Use real weapons, and have no leather/amour/maybe no clothes, and have archey ranges on the outside of the channel ( Oh noes, reusable bolts and possible injury )
  • Make the obstructions ( walls, targets... ) out of clear glass, that are on the fighting level.
  • Place spikes around in key dangerous areas in the combat zone ( no spikes in the lower level )
  • To get them in the arena, use a lever trap, utilizing a useless lever a pressure plate and a retracting bridge, make sure it is a small drop.
  • Please place weapon supplying tubes.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 01:06:03 am by Foa »

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2008, 12:55:04 am »

you want them to live.

I see a problem in your logic. This project is going to drive the entire fort apeshit crazy, and there's no way to avoid it. The object is to kill their babies as efficiently as possible, and hopefully record the screaming fits of lunacy afterward.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2008, 01:08:35 am »

Oh! I hadn't thought of that! Before you kill the babys take a few dwarves and seperate them from the rest of the fort as mutch as possible, hopefully not making and friends and such, then train them for a year or so at engraving! After its all over they will record the screams and faces of the babys as they are ripped apart by snarling half-crazed captured goblins!!! AHAHA GLORIOUS! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

Foa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2008, 01:09:21 am »

you want them to live.

I see a problem in your logic. This project is going to drive the entire fort apeshit crazy, and there's no way to avoid it. The object is to kill their babies as efficiently as possible, and hopefully record the screaming fits of lunacy afterward.
    • Make sure to make the surrounding wall blocked by a channel this'll better be directly above the next floor, which is required to have wells, and buckets, and food ( via hollow tube + bridge-lock ) , you do want them to live, don't you.
    • Use real weapons, and have no leather/amour/maybe no clothes, and have archey ranges on the outside of the channel ( Oh noes, reusable bolts and possible injury )
    • Make the obstructions ( walls, targets... ) out of clear glass, that are on the fighting level.
    • Place spikes around in key dangerous areas in the combat zone ( no spikes in the lower level )
    • To get them in the arena, use a lever trap, utilizing a useless lever a pressure plate and a retracting bridge, make sure it is a small drop.
    • Please place weapon supplying tubes.
    [/list]
    • Place a second drop for the babies to fall in when the mothers die.
    you want them to live.

And why do you suppose that, not only it entertains you, BUT the fight will go on ( if the babies grow up ) .

I am the DF Destroyer, not only do I slaughter dwarves ( useless, or mothers with babies ) , I include animals ( not cave spiders ) , but the trees, forts, retreats, towers, towns, temples, chasms/pits ( when useless ) , I plan to destroy in the most gruesome way, breed feral beasts, suggests Toady One to allow rangers to train beasts ( Beasts = Any selected animal trained to be stronger than war animals, and hates anything excluding the designated entity ( selectable in pref, but needs to retrained to allow their friendship ( friendship is reallocatable ) ) ...
    « Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 01:20:54 am by Foa »

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: November 11, 2008, 01:15:01 am »

( if the babies grow up ) .

12 years.

Also, you've edited that a few times since my post...

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: November 11, 2008, 01:16:50 am »

I modded children to take only 4 years to grow up.
    Pages: 1 [2] 3 4