Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Terrible Journeys in the Hollowlands. Adventure mode Community Game  (Read 2563 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Terrible Journeys in the Hollowlands. Adventure mode Community Game
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 04:29:38 pm »

Name: Strife
Profession: Soldier

Skills: Please put one point in spear and sword then mix the rest in armor and shield, with a preference to shield.

Special request: If you could find him a secondary weapon (either a sword or a spear, whichever he doesn't have) I'd greatly apreciate it. Also, decent armor would be apreciated.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 05:07:33 pm »

Okay:

Banzayatc Cemiraquos the Elf Driller!
I forgot the att's. No big deal, you can stab things, thats all you need to know.

Accomplished Spear

You were easy to get to the town, but you met a couger on the way. You stabed it in the leg, getting dragged down with it, stood up with out a scratch, and I'm not lying, stabbed the cat through the head. Bad ass.

Then:

Comnan Cerorodoh the Chopper of Right Hands
Strong
Agile
Tough

Talented Swordsmen
Skilled Shield User
Competent Armour User

You had enough points left for Armour and shield, and since you placed shield over armour, I made that higher then so. Otherwise, not only did I make you a quite useful character, I likely gave him a longer lifespan.

Completely uneventful walk. No problems with wolves or anything, but your ready.

Also:

Fred Gasomstalcon the Killer of Carp
Strong
Very Tough

Novice Wrestler
Competent Axeman
Proficient Armour User
Proficient Shield User

I managed to stick Prof on both Armour and Shield, and used what was left over on Axeman, then the spare points went into wrestler, because who couldn't do with more skills.

The journey was still pretty boreing, aside from a VERY BRIEF brush with a couger. You can guess who won, and did it very quickly. Anyway, he got to town, I gave him the profession name you wanted, and now here I am telling you how it all went. So far...pretty good.

Lastly

Strife Isunanir the Soldier
Agile
Very Tough

Swordsmen*
Talented Shield User
Proficient Armour User

*If I had given you novice, you may not have shown up with any weapons at all, so I gave you that so you could have a Iron Twohanded Sword. I'll give you my other reasons below.

Now I also said in my first post the special requests wouldn't turn into an equipment hunt. I'm not even getting anything new for my own character. And you wouldn't have been very useful without a weapon, and a secondary weapon would have been useless to the A.I because it would simply use one or the other weapon for the rest of the game, and I don't think the A.I's smart enough to draw the other one if they lose it. Either way...

Otherwise I gave you what you asked for. Theres the Armour and Shield atleast. You got Iron stuff, so thats the best you could ask for unless you wanted a Dwarf, and its a bit late for that. Now for the journey:

Strife came along nicely. No ambushes, so I don't know how REALLY bad ass you are, but I'm sure your as bad ass as those other bad asses. Really, bad ass.

Did I mention bad ass?

Now then:

Were only accepting two more people. That would bring us to ten people. If you wish to join up, I can put you on a list, and we can see who would be willing to give up their spot.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 05:10:34 pm by WorkerDrone »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 06:29:14 pm »

I'd like to see what my character will do to the pansies. It's fine what you changed, although I thought that 'a spear' wouldn't be THAT hard to find. No big deal though.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 11:48:23 pm »

Name: Hulk
Profession: HULK SMASH! (Smasher)
Proficient Hammerdwarf (yes, Hulk is a dwarf. It's funny.  ;D)
Competent Shield User
Competent Armor User
Competent Wrestler
Swimmer (Have a feeling...)

And yeah, I built him before I posted, so there should be enough points.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 03:02:54 am »

Will edit this post once I get around to making him. Should be tomarrow.

EDIT:

Hulk _____ the Smasher
Strong
Very Tough

Proficient Hammerdwarf
Competent Shield User
Skilled Armour User
Wrestler*
Swimmer*

* Yeah turns out that there wasn't enough points for both Competent Wrestler(***) and Swimmer(**)

So I made it seem more useful and bucked them both to (**) rather then (***) and (*).

And you dispatched a Couger, and a pack of wolves, rather nicely infact.

and then:

Urist McMinerpants _______ the Elephant Tamer
Agile
Very Strong

Competent Axedwarf
Skilled Shield User
Proficient Armour User
Novice Wrestler

Made your character, with obvious modifications. I think you just forgot about armour though.

Either way, you made the journey without a hitch, slayed a Couger on the way, and trounced two packs of wolves easy. Your character is ready to go.

THATS IT THEN!

No more slots for now folks. Will post the update soon.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 08:15:24 pm by WorkerDrone »

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 07:34:58 am »

Name: Urist McMinerpants
Profession: Elephant Tamer
Skills: Competent Axedwarf
         Swimmer
And anything else you can think of...

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 08:15:51 pm »

Timber -the date is blocked by a small blot of ink- 201
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The seven Humans, and two Dwarves stood talking, the two Dwarves amongst themselves, eyeing men that had gathered in the courtyard, of a great house. Their were high walls, made of marble with a Iron gate allowing entrance to only those who deserved such. Or some how managed to break in. Household guards patroled the grounds, armed with swords and crossbows, looking like trained soldiers, or at least part time militia men.

The house was more like a complex, with a fountain in the center of a stone path that lead to differant buildings, all of which were made of the same Marble as the walls. Out of the huge double doors of the center house, came a giant of a man, covered in Iron Mail, looking slightly regal in the gold trimmed cloak and the two Household guards that marched in his wake. The ten adventurers lined up, most of them looking relaxed, as they fully knew they wern't expected to act like soldiers.

The man they all knew only as 'Hal', gazed at them with barely visable grey eyes from behind his helmet, looking the line down, finishing his sweeping gaze on Strife. "You there, your a soldier are you not?"

The man shuffled his feet. "Yes...Mi'lord." Hal boomed laughter. "None of that now." The man relaxed as he realised he wasn't expected to call his 'boss' My Lord every five seconds. "You will set a good example for this lot. No I wont be pushing you lot into line. You will do that yourselves, and follow orders, or you may just end up dead for what I have in mind. I have no time to test your skills, so I shall assume you all are ready for the task at hand. You all came with equipment, which is good, as I have none to spare, not when most of my own men are off on lease to the king, fighting his wars and all. You are all his citizens...or at least, not the Stone Folk who have come to offer their great service." Halastor glanced at the two Dwarven adventurers, not unkindly. "So you know what its like. Comeing to arms on your own was a wise choice, if the king had found out you had some skill in arms, he might have conscripted you for his own senseless battles." This might amuse any human citizen that lived in the Kingdom, but the Dwarves might not catch the reference.

"You know why your here, fame, glory, riches, and maybe a fine lass on the way out if you can. I know how it is. But the reason, you will likely never know until the end. Of your very short lives that is. You shall do as I say, and you will do it on the spot if you want to survive the dangers. If you refuse, I wont even yell at you. The Goblins will come and handle the punishments." The mention of the Greenskins could bring chills to anyone there. "You have until dawn to be ready, then we march." A man in Iron Mail with a axe came up to talk to Hal. Whispering for a few moments, Hal nodded. The man took almost all the Household men with him as he left, leaveing only enough to patrol the grounds. "It seems we won't have ANY of my own men to aide us on our journeys at all. A pity. Were on our own from here on. Worst yet, Goblins are planning an attack, and we have to stop it. We march on Dreadfulgazes, now."

Hal shook his head slowly. Hal asked all their names, and then nodded slowly now. "Shoruke, Neo, Urist, Strife, you and me shall go to attack the fortress in one group. The other group will sweep behind our wake and mop up anyone left, joining us if they can."

"Just us...Hal?" Asked Fred, a man armed with an axe and also in mail. "Yes. No time to wait for more forces. Your all hired. Your first payment, all the loot you can carry after were done with the fort. And theres a lot of it."

This came with smiles, but unease, as the men, and Dwarves all realised they had to take on an entire Dark Fortress, all on their own. Ten against, perhaps hundreds. "My kind of odds." Said Hal aloud, gaining looks of pure dread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Journel updates from here on out, until I say otherwise.

You may write in your journels now if you like, about the meeting, or about the (partway, not complete) journey through a forest together in the groups indicated. If you wernt mentioned to come with Hal, your in the other group trailing.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 12:49:56 am by WorkerDrone »

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 05:20:40 pm »

From the Coloring Book of Hulk, the Smasher;

There is a poorly drawn image of a ridiculously over-sized dwarf here. The dwarf is surrounded by humans and dwarf.

There is a decently drawn image of Goblin Dark Tower here. A ridiculously over-sized dwarf is hitting the tower with a hammer, and stepping on very tiny Goblins. The dwarf is laughing.

OOC:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2008, 01:31:52 am »

Diary of a fool: Timber-1

It’s been years since I have been under anyone’s orders. That doesn’t mean that I have any right to ignore chain of command. Ironic, isn’t it? I now go to attack a goblin fortress head on. I can only hope that I find death soon. I doubt that it can atone for my failure, but it is all I can do. I shall protect these new comrades with body, shield, and sword. This commander seems like a decent enough chap, almost like I was, once. I hope that I die, rather than face failure once more.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2008, 01:59:47 am »

201 Timber 13th
~~~~~~~~~~
Journel of Halastor Bloodangel:

Of men and arms I can say we have plenty of. Again and again the man named Strife has proven to be a worthy soldier, and his little self confidence merely belies his skills. He has also proven to be of use in times when I need a firmer hold on our party. He's a snap at decision, as was proven today.

The first party, which Included myself, marched on Dreadfulgazes with a second party in trail, was met with attack almost as soon as we got their. Urist and Shoruke flanked the bastards. But, damnation! They had outnumbered us all, and had us surrounded soon, had to be atleast half a dozen of them, with possibly more on the way, against just us five. Strife, bloody crazy I would have said, took down one with a quick strike, taking off its head!

He took off a limb or two while Urist bloodied his axe in a Goblin to my left, felling the thing in a few more strikes, cutting the thing in half from the waist. The lower body seperated from the rest of the torso, the Goblin was dead before it hit the ground.

While Shoruke dealt with one himself, making use of his weapon on a rather nasty guard. Lopping off a hand, a arm from the elbow down, and finally the left leg, the thing bled to death.

I felled a goblin with ease myself, taking off both legs and breaking several fingers. I swear I knocked out some teeth when I threw a turtle I had found on the way here right at its face. Taking the foul Greenskins head, the battle was over in moments. Taking a moments respite, we were assailed again now outside the Fortress itself. Bolts almost took me down as a barely missed a shot from a damned marksgoblin. Taking aim, a turtle battered the goblins leg, and I closed the distance to end the thing, by cutting off all its limbs, more or less.

Shoruke and Strife and Urist combined their efforts and took down three other goblin workers, further bloodying the Dark Fortresses walls. We went deeper into the fortress, carefully at first, lest we march right into a band of the Greenskins. Goblins! Armed with crossbows, swords, and undergarments! My word were they filthy aswell!

We had to retreat, suffering minor injurys. We make camp further into the wilderness, now linked up with the rest of the party. We shall have to assault the Fortress together, there are just to many Goblins to deal with.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 02:01:56 am by WorkerDrone »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2008, 02:06:18 am »

Diary of a fool: Timber-2

We survived the first attack. I did not get us all killed. But it went fine at first last time too. The wieght of command is heavy. I am glad that I no longer must carry it. I desrve to die for that simple fact.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2008, 02:20:24 am »

Am I still alive? I don't appear to have been in the last post even tho I was part of your group...
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2008, 02:30:48 am »

Your fine. Only that you didn't do much other then TRY and chop up some goblins. But then there WERE three other guys doing most of the slashing, and you wandered off once or twice.

And as for Urist and Hulk (Just thought I mention them to their owners), it was a real pain getting your two guys hostile to that Civ.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 02:32:32 am by WorkerDrone »

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2008, 12:54:07 pm »

And as for Urist and Hulk (Just thought I mention them to their owners), it was a real pain getting your two guys hostile to that Civ.

From the Coloring Book of Hulk, the Smasher;

There is a crudely drawn image of a ridiculously over-sized dwarf, a human, and some goblins here. The Goblins are torturing the human. The human is screaming.The dwarf looks confused.

There is a blood-stained image of a a ridiculously over-sized dwarf, a human, and some goblins here. The dwarf is hitting the goblins with the human. The human is making a plaintive gesture. The dwarf is laughing.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2008, 11:14:32 pm »

Yeah, bad news guys. The save got corrupted.

Worse yet, now that I think about putting it together, I really don't want to make another game right now, when I had a perfectly good one together.

*Shrug* Don't know what to say, but if you want, you can soften this blow and just blame me. I always feel better after yelling at myself in the mirror for a few hours.
Pages: 1 [2] 3