Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Terrible Journeys in the Hollowlands. Adventure mode Community Game  (Read 2564 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile

11th Slate 201
~~~~~~~~~
Halastor jumped out of the bed. He rushed to the table where his equipment was put neatly out, ready to be put on this fateful day. After equiping himself, and takeing up the blade, he stared out harshly through the window, where far away in that direction, was his first task.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fliers flew across the land, dumped into the Town Squares and meeting halls, some times blown in from miles away with the same message in bold letters on the paper:

Serve your kingdom and earn fame for yourself today! Join Hal's Army today!

Fight evil!
-A depiction of a human executeing a goblin is shown below this text.-

Save maidens!
-A depiction of a group of humans making off with a protesting lady, a Fortress looming in the back ground. The humans are panicked.-

Defeat mighty beasts!
-A depiction of a Dwarf, cleaning his axe on the pelt of a dead wolf, several more dead wolves with their innards strewn about is in the back ground. The Dwarf looks sick.-

Obtain glorious riches!
-A depiction of a mixed band of races was running with a chest full of gold and jewels between them...a Dragon loomed in the back ground, coming in to strafe them with fire.-

Fight the menaces of the world today!
-A depiction of a kobold looking around a corner is shown. Behind him are four dwarves armed with cross bows. They look on with almost evil glee.-

Fight! Fight for Hal, and fight for Kingdom! Fight for glory, and fight for fame, and most of all, fight the power!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOC:
Okay. You know the drill, same as ever,

Before explaining the 'drill' anyway though...

This is a story inspired by the incomplete War Against the Elves. I aim to complete this one.

Now anyway, this is how it works out. You may ask for a character:

Name:
Profession(Funny, or awe inspireing profession name):
Skills:
Special Request(Within reason. I'm not going to search around for equipment, so pick those skills wisely.):

Or something like the above. Next, every time I make a post, there will of course be a date. You may make a journel and update it every time I update. But only on the current date. If you miss the chance to report on a battle in your journel, you may only refer to said battle as if it happened already, and your character is far more concerned with something else, to add a bit of realism to the chaotic life of an adventurer.

Next, if your character dies, you MAY get a new character, as I WILL stop to pick up new adventurers for the 'warband' when we start to run low.

Then, we shall be completeing a series of 'quests', that will involve things as simple as raiding Dark Fortresses and showing NO mercy to the likely *spits* peaceful inhabitants, not even the civvies, to hunting for a specific kind of beast, like a hydra, or a giant, or a titan. These will come up every time we complete a new task.

Next, if my character dies, I will create a new character to replace him, and we will start a new Warparty to keep things simple. To prevent this from happening to often, expect that I wont be taking far to many risks.

Lastly, this has no 'real' story. There will be comedy, action, adventure, possibly a bit of awkward trial by fire, and of course death. The grim fate of an adventurer. To die in pieces with valour, and a arrow through his head. And it shall all happen from the current quest.

Oh and one more thing. Who ever seems to be the most lethal will be named my characters second in command. Who ever has such a rank will be involved in the 'story' more, or for what it really is, will be used in the main journel entrys a little more then others, but not much, just for the sake of comedy, as who ever has this position will be the main source of our comic relief.

You may start joining...now.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
Re: The Terrible Journeys in the Hollowlands. Adventure mode Community Game
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 10:31:47 pm »

YAY... I always wanted to get in on one of these. Neo, either swordsxxxx or marksxxxx, (xxxx means whatever race) also could you please list mods your using if any?
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 10:34:06 pm »

No mods at all. I run a painfully slow computer (By my standards. Not slow enough to not bother playing the game though) and I don't need any more bothers.

EDIT:Rolling Neo now.

EDIT2:

Neo Sudemkara

Very Strong
Agile

Wrestler
Prof Swordsmen
Skilled Shield
Comp Armour User
Novice Swimmer(I had this feeling...)

Also to note, if I can't find a race nearby where I'm starting my character, your going to have to pick something else. Really sorry.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 10:40:46 pm by WorkerDrone »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 10:46:17 pm »

Neo:

You are back at the town I retired Hal.

I am happy to note that you skillfully slaughtered a pack of seven wolves, alone, with a sword, and a feral grin on your face as you bit off the paws and faces of the beasts. You are one bad ass mother...you know.

Edit: Also, until I get a some more members for the party, the game hasn't started yet. But I will let you know if anything interesting happens on your way to the town I'm placeing you all at.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 11:06:36 pm »

Bwahahahahahahaha... how did your guy do?
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 11:27:07 pm »

Uneventful. Created him, took him to the city nearest to our first target, retired, and almost as soon as I was done created this thread.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 11:31:54 pm »

Name: Shoruke

Profession: Guy  ("the Guy shoots his arrow through the Goblin's heart!")

Skills: novice armor/shield user, rest into either bowman or crossbowman

Special Request: I humbly request that the party leader carry turtles and rocks around to chuck at enemies in a pinch (since it's not really possible to have my character chuck turtles if you aren't playing him).
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 11:33:55 pm »

Yay... Artillery support

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 02:03:05 am »

Ah. Running joke from War With the Elves again? Fine. If I find your stinkin' turtles, I'll gladly batter enemys to death with the shells of DOOM.

In other news, getting to work on Shoruke.

Edit: Nothing eventful on this one. Made him, and took him over to the right town.

Shoruke
Strong
Very Agile

I got you Novice Armour user, so you got some leather armour (Though you should be a little faster then the average grunt adventurer) and a bow, with some arrows. I made sure to give you Wrestleing with some spare points when I couldn't shove anymore into Bowman. I hope you like biteing off ears.

In other news, were up to three Includeing my character. I'd say if we could get four or five more people, we would be ready to roll out for a while. Untill then, I'd say it wont be long before people come calling for a character. Not many Community Adventure games out there, so heres where you come for your fill.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 02:16:48 am by WorkerDrone »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 04:10:12 am »

Name Flint

Profession: Vengful merchant of Death

half on hammerman and half of shield with a little left over for armour

This sounds like fun  ;D

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 04:32:30 am »

I'll put your dude together.

Edit:

Flint Adelenge The Vengful Merchant of Death
Agile
Very Tough

Talented Hammerman
Proficient Shield User
Armour* User

Also, I am now taking votes on what we shall name our Band of hearty adventurers and soldiers.

The Lords of Battle
The Kings of Fear
The Iron Works
or The Battle Shell of Doom

Something tells me, do to War With the Elves, will be stuck with number four.

*English spelling FTW
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 04:41:22 am by WorkerDrone »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 04:47:23 am »

Okay Flint, now about your journey to the mustering point.

You marched along for a bit until, shocking! Wolves attack. Now at first and near the end it looked a little dire, but besides some scrapes and bruises, you destroyed the foul beasts with your Iron Maul, made more then one cave in on itself with your mighty blows. Already Im amazed at how powerful all your blokes are.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 07:57:02 am »

Name: <any random name)>
Profession: Elf Driller!
Skills: all points into spears

sdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 11:22:00 am »

Name: Comnan
Profession: Chopper of Right Hands.
Skillz: Talented Sword/Shield. Novice Armour.

He should have the uncanny nack to sever right hands/limbs of all foes, or he's a fake!

socially_inept_butterfly

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes cows for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 03:48:40 pm »

Name: Fred
Profession(Funny, or awe inspireing profession name): Killer of Carp
Skills: all in shield, armor, and whatever is left in axe (or lasher, if possible...)
Special Request: I want most of the skills in shield and armor, but make sure my weapon skill is above novice.
Urist Axebeard, Mayor, has banned the export of brains.
Pages: [1] 2 3