Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Wurmonline DF town  (Read 19782 times)

Morbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wurmonline DF town
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2007, 11:52:00 pm »

A migrant might be arriving soon. What job do you need me to do?
y fortress is a truly horrible place to be. Imagine what other forts must be like if dwarves still imigrate there.

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2007, 07:38:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Morbo:
<STRONG>A migrant might be arriving soon. What job do you need me to do?</STRONG>

You could clear cut trees from the deed 21x21, mine (If you mine mine ahead and not down or up) or experiment, try to learn as much as you can without damaging the area.
Also home Bien

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2007, 08:58:00 am »

If I end up dying again, I will make sure of post screenshots of the trip... Everyone seems to get lost the first time since we still don't have a road to go around the lake.

greywolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2007, 03:06:00 pm »

Hey guys! I decided that building a small town with other DF-ers would be fun, so I made the long and dangerous journey to Pearlgate/Garden of the Gods but as I began my trek on the western road, I got killed by a bear. My second journey was faster, as I knew which way to go this time, and I made it to the steep hill within sight of the lake, but was run down by a vicious black wolf. I pray that my third journey will meet with less misfortune.

I also think it would be really helpful to have a more in-depth description of how to get to Copperblazes (love the name, btw). I wasn't sure I was going the right way at all until I got to the lake with the island in it, and even then, finding the right path to take contradicted the description almost entirely (there isn't a cobblestone road connecting the western road to the island at all, and it starts out as a packed dirt road then turns into a cobblestone road, and only after a long while does it change back into a packed dirt road again).

And on a side note, where did you get such a detailed map of the world? Even the WurmOnline wiki doesn't have a map like that (for the Home world).

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2007, 03:39:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by greywolf:
<STRONG>Hey guys! I decided that building a small town with other DF-ers would be fun, so I made the long and dangerous journey to Pearlgate/Garden of the Gods but as I began my trek on the western road, I got killed by a bear. My second journey was faster, as I knew which way to go this time, and I made it to the steep hill within sight of the lake, but was run down by a vicious black wolf. I pray that my third journey will meet with less misfortune.

I also think it would be really helpful to have a more in-depth description of how to get to Copperblazes (love the name, btw). I wasn't sure I was going the right way at all until I got to the lake with the island in it, and even then, finding the right path to take contradicted the description almost entirely (there isn't a cobblestone road connecting the western road to the island at all, and it starts out as a packed dirt road then turns into a cobblestone road, and only after a long while does it change back into a packed dirt road again).

And on a side note, where did you get such a detailed map of the world? Even the WurmOnline wiki doesn't have a map like that (for the Home world).</STRONG>

The description was based off of my memory, also the map is illegaly dumped from the client.

Salamander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2007, 05:43:00 pm »

You havent seen nothing until you get chased by two aged huge spiders   :(

[ November 12, 2007: Message edited by: Salamander ]

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2007, 11:11:00 pm »

The X is clay, the large outlined area north is where I assume Spelguru died.

Morbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2007, 02:41:00 am »

I'm going there now, and i'm bringing some tar. If you have statistics you can add one.
Also i'll be a woodworker.
y fortress is a truly horrible place to be. Imagine what other forts must be like if dwarves still imigrate there.

Morbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2007, 03:48:00 pm »

Getting there is so hard and if you die will you respawn at copperblazes so that you don't have to make the journey again?

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2007, 04:28:00 pm »

Snip

[ November 14, 2007: Message edited by: Delamore ]

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2007, 01:59:00 am »

Bad news, you can't spawn at the ally deed like I thought, it was changed but if you die on or very close to it you can spawn at it.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2007, 07:26:00 am »

I guess we all just have to be more careful. The new road Stride made helps quite a bit.

Skooma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2007, 08:56:00 pm »

I used to play Wurm, stopped last week because the town I was in (Fort Oak, mostly populated by people from Facepunch Studios) disbanded after the premiums (therefore government) decided to go to Kyara. There was rioting afterwards and other Facepunch from other towns decided to loot the town.

This was on Wild. So now I have a do nothing account.

Would you guys eventually build into the mountain?

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2007, 11:14:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Skooma:
<STRONG>I used to play Wurm, stopped last week because the town I was in (Fort Oak, mostly populated by people from Facepunch Studios) disbanded after the premiums (therefore government) decided to go to Kyara. There was rioting afterwards and other Facepunch from other towns decided to loot the town.

This was on Wild. So now I have a do nothing account.

Would you guys eventually build into the mountain?</STRONG>

Well were planning to build up it, and possibly a nice mine system later.
Also to bad about FO, but FP seems doomed to fail at every town they make.

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2007, 06:00:00 pm »

Too bad you can't build walls inside the mines...
I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18