Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Wurmonline DF town  (Read 19771 times)

GreyMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wurmonline DF town
« Reply #240 on: April 15, 2008, 07:10:00 pm »

soooo, what idiocy got you banned?
t''s not illegal. The government just doesn''t want you doing it.

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 16, 2008, 08:45:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by GreyMario:
<STRONG>soooo, what idiocy got you banned?</STRONG>

Hacking.

Salamander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 16, 2008, 09:53:00 am »

Just something I found rather humerous while browsing the Wurm forums.  In order of the amount of views of any thread on the entire forum:
1. Whats going on (Describes the forum change)
2. Game Rules
3. Delamore's ban thread

Yes, Delamore's thread is the most popular based on views if you do not count threads with important information!

GreyMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 16, 2008, 04:31:00 pm »

Though Wurm does suck and Rolf is a dumbass, does that really justify hacking?

Hell, if you're gonna hack, just give everyone in-game an assload of money. Assload of money -> assload of villages -> database overload -> someone names a town "); DUMP main" -> lolwtf game over

t''s not illegal. The government just doesn''t want you doing it.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 27, 2008, 07:00:00 pm »

I stopped playing as soon as my premium ran out. I couldn't justify to myself paying 5 or 10 or whatever euros it was to be allowed to watch crappy graphics in a server with 50 people online (distributed over thousands of square miles... that's less than one person per... something) and having to right-click millions of times to watch my "smithing" or whatever go up, at a rate of 1% skill per week of non-stop right-clicking.

I just started paying for Eve Online and I must say it's worth every cent. And I don't even have to be online to skill up... lol.

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 27, 2008, 10:18:00 pm »

It was good fun playing with you guys from Bay12.
Rest in peace Copperblazes.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 27, 2008, 11:00:00 pm »

There were good moments. For some reason the best part was squatting in that fortress in the Wild Server, and the Great Migration to the new mountainhomes was a lot of fun to me (that was hours... an entire sunday, I know most of the others hated it).

Grinding and click-spamming is never fun tho.

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 27, 2008, 11:54:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sergius:
<STRONG>There were good moments. For some reason the best part was squatting in that fortress in the Wild Server, and the Great Migration to the new mountainhomes was a lot of fun to me (that was hours... an entire sunday, I know most of the others hated it).

Grinding and click-spamming is never fun tho.</STRONG>

The most fun I ever had in Wurm was as a newbie, I lived at the end of a lake, alone for a bit, spiders everywhere.
The challenge and action made it fun.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 12, 2008, 02:30:00 pm »

Damn it... I wanted to try, but when I loaded I started to lag like hell. Objects were downloading and I saw a very strange slideshow - about 1 frame per 10 seconds.

Is it OK for the computer which runs oblivion 1280x800? 1700 double core, 128 mb ati mobility radeon, 1Gb 3200 DDR?

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 12, 2008, 02:45:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Deon:
<STRONG>Damn it... I wanted to try, but when I loaded I started to lag like hell. Objects were downloading and I saw a very strange slideshow - about 1 frame per 10 seconds.

Is it OK for the computer which runs oblivion 1280x800? 1700 double core, 128 mb ati mobility radeon, 1Gb 3200 DDR?</STRONG>

Wurm runs like crap on everything, just turn down a ton of settings and run from newbie town.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #250 on: October 19, 2008, 05:43:21 pm »

*Poke Poke* Anybody still here?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 19, 2008, 05:46:15 pm »

Everything we built at Copperblazes has been in some way destroyed, rotten, taken over, or stolen. The village itself is long since disbanded and double long since totally inactive, and I don't know anyone from Bay12 who still plays Wurm. I quit about a month and a half ago =/
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 19, 2008, 06:36:50 pm »

Wow I quit the game months ago. It had potential, of sorts. But the scope is just wrong, or something. And it's like they took the most annoying grind aspects of every game ever written and incorporated them all just because they hate humanity. (my poor right-clicking finger, ow)

The problem with this game is that it has no soul. It's like a utility where you build things for no good reason, and once you built them you realize they're identical to the hundreds of things that have already been built and that you lost months of your life right-clicking and have nothing to show for it.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #253 on: October 19, 2008, 07:05:41 pm »

I had completely forgotten about this.
Also, to continue the MMO creation discussion, I may be able to do something someday. Even better, I finally got my first openGL texture working.
Eh?
Eh!

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 19, 2008, 10:28:35 pm »

Heh. I just logged into Wurm, and it's kind of sad standing in the middle of the great stone slab that was once Copperblazes...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18