Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Wurmonline DF town  (Read 19774 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Wurmonline DF town
« Reply #225 on: March 12, 2008, 11:00:00 pm »

Wait, what?  You have to ask something (in character) on the forums in order to get something in the game?  That's bullshit.  I'm going to be staying as far away from the forums as I can, as they sound like just the spot where I don't want to go.  If we do get into it, we'll just have to look out for each other, and forge our own path.

I knew that we were going to be in a group aside from the rest of the players from the start, that's just the way it's going to be.  That's because we wouldn't be playing Illarion, we'd be playing an extesnion of Dwarf Fortress, which just so happened to grace Illarion with its presence.

We will be a hermit community, in essence.

As for The Dark Project (had to call it that), you've got a bunch of people who want to run the race, but don't know where the starting line is.  It's not that it's a lack of interest, it's just that we really don't know what we're doing or where we're supposed to be doing it.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 12, 2008, 11:57:00 pm »

whawahwhoawhat..
This thread went from Wurm to finding a new game to somehwat deciding on a game to MAKING a new game back to deciding and discussing this "Illarion".

If we're starting a little dorftown in another RPG i'd be glad to join and help out. I still play Wurm about ~1 hour a day, I'm hanging out right be CB with some guys starting a small settlement by us.

I will try this......Illarion.

Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 13, 2008, 12:16:00 am »

Damn, I don't think I can run it on this machine.  The specs may be too high.

Also, it appears to be a Java-based game.  Uggh, I don't like the Java runtime environment constantly checking for updates...  I'll have to find out again how to turn that off.

But, we can see how a JavaJavaJavaJava game works on this scale.  Maybe I was wrong about Java for games, and it's just Runescape and all the other Java-based games I've played that were horribly put together.

EDIT:  Well, it runs, if slowly.  Sooooo....  I'm here, where's everyone else?

I managed to find ONE guy who wasn't a useless NPC.  And he only spoke German (well, he had enough English to tell me he didn't speak much English).

So I've been running around, humming to myself and eating apples.  C'mon, where is everyone?  Last I checked it said there were a whopping TWO people online, and at least one of them is a little lacking in the English department.

[ March 13, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 13, 2008, 08:46:00 am »

Be patient matey, I'll get in sometime today!
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 13, 2008, 08:49:00 am »

Ill try it out, if not just to keep Kagus company from the RP Hicks.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 13, 2008, 09:16:00 am »

Uggh, I'll need as many sane people as I can get...  Did you know that you can actually get banned if you mention your particular skill level?  You have to make a general statement, something that would "fit in", otherwise you're thrown into the virtual slammer.

Make too many comments that are OOC, or just act in a manner unbefitting their views of RP?   That account will cease to exist.  Not just the character, the account.

Luckily, it seems to be a wasteland.  I don't think that very many people are actually watching, so I can do my special moonwalk as much as I want (few minutes into the game and I already find a bug.  Yep, I've still got it...).

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 13, 2008, 10:09:00 am »

I cannot help but wonder if their lack of players is due to their strict rules... I like casual roleplay, not strict. Anyway I've got an account and am currently making a character. I supose I dont have to go too overboard on my description, as there are probably not many people who will view it anyway!

Edit: Heres a question, what 'class' is your dwarf? I'm currently picking stats and the more diverse our group the better, I think.

Edit #2: Ah forget it, I'm getting in game now.

Edit #3: Woah, this is going to take time to get used to.

Edit #4: Haha! Its hilarious really, just to confirm it, I am Mr.Rockmug.

[ March 13, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 13, 2008, 12:24:00 pm »

Heh, I figured that was you.  I have the game taking up the whole screen (and the whole processor...), so I couldn't see what was going on back here.

I apparently sold sixteen iron ingots to the old coot.  Every time he offered his price, I guess I accepted.  I never looked at my iron stocks, and it wasn't until he told me that I didn't have five iron ingots to trade that I realized I had been successful...

Still, the load's quite a bit lighter now.  I still haven't figured out smithing (I've tried every combination I can think of...  I may just need to use some of that coal you've got now), but it should be interesting once I've gotten it.

Did you actually get to see that partial moonwalk, or was that only on my side of things?

EDIT:  Illapedia, know it, use it, love it.

[ March 13, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 13, 2008, 01:01:00 pm »

Heading back in now, I find it amusing I could walk inside the glass melter... also it may be a good idea to start the actual Illarian thread now.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 13, 2008, 01:30:00 pm »

It's a bit late for me ('bout midnight), but yeah, it should be about time for a new thread.

And we can talk as much out of character as we damn well want, thank you very much.  They'll never know about it, if we're careful...

Funny...  This MMORPG doesn't seem very "massive" when there's usually only a few people playing it.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 02, 2008, 11:19:00 pm »

u guys got a town yet?
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 03, 2008, 01:23:00 am »

I don't know about Copperblases but Uvellakish is LONG dead.  Hell, it died almost the moment the 3D version came out.  

People stopped appearing in Uvellakish...slowly people vanished despite my carpentry and hunting abilities...I even completely rebuilt one of the buildings with my by then 30 or 40 some carpentry skill.  But none returned...I was alone...I quietly eeked out an existence in the forest to the east...built my own mansion and iron mine even...but none returned. It was traumatizing. Soon I too vanished...

Oh wait I mixed this one up with the Uvellakish version of this thread.  Copperblazes actually ended up looking like a rather successful place from what I saw once when I was in the area.  But I vanished from Wurm in January.  Donno what happened since then.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #237 on: April 03, 2008, 03:48:00 pm »

I was still there a  few weeks ago. I "borrowed" one of it's forget to rebuild my tool empire from the sorry state of dying out there and reappearing in new(b)town with only my standard tools WITHOUT a hatchet.
Now I started a small mine nearby along the water edge away from the clay area where randomly it said there was silver nearby.
I was planning on making an underground tunnel up an otherwise too steep cliff.
Eh?
Eh!

Delamore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 15, 2008, 09:47:00 am »

Ok, Copperblazes appears to be dead, I am banned and no longer can put into the upkeep, Salamander has quit and cannot pay upkeep, and Soulwynd doesn't log in much anymore.
Is there anyone who wants the deed to remain? If so get on IRC and dump some cash into upkeep.

Also on the idea of making a game:
BYOND is a horrible language, it has many flaws, and can never run anything outside of a small scale multiplayer game and even then with indepth systems it lags.
Java while it does work for some games, unless you know Java very well and have reasons for choosing it ouside of that, avoid it.
Wurm lags due to both badly programmed client and server code, and the fact that its Java.

If you do make some progress on a multiplayer or MMO like game, If you wish I could assist as a designer in my spare time.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #239 on: April 15, 2008, 05:19:00 pm »

I believe that only true C/C++ will be good enough for this.
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18