Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Wurmonline DF town  (Read 19789 times)

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wurmonline DF town
« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2008, 10:35:00 pm »

Update: We are now building a colossus. A colossus is a big-*** statue requring hundreds of hours of labor to build. This of course means we need more people. JOIN US!

I'm trying not to spam too much, it just seems we get 3 new members every time I bump this...

Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2008, 12:14:00 pm »

Also, if you join up, make sure to register at

http://copperblazes.freeforums.org/

Since people forget to tell immigrants to do it.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2008, 09:02:00 pm »

Any reason your forum causes my !Avast to stir and cry havoc?
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2008, 05:09:00 am »

Hey Del ive gone off wurm so i wont be playing anymore.

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #154 on: March 05, 2008, 11:25:00 am »

I'm guessing this is dead?
My dwarves are not your dwarves.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2008, 12:38:00 pm »

Well, a lot of people gave up or went their way. But the deed is still there and the remaining of us seem to be working with our neighbors, who actually play DF as well. I'm mostly busy doing my own thing when I'm on, but I help deed people when I can.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2008, 01:49:00 pm »

Sadly, Wurm seems to be the type of game that is picked up and rapidly gains interest, and lasts for a few months.

Then suddenly, interest dies off and nobody goes back. I've seen this happen with another community Wurm-venture.

Wurm could stand to have some general improvements and replayability factors as well.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2008, 01:54:00 pm »

We need some other type of free teamwork-based environment to get together and build random stuff.  I don't know if I can wait for Fenrir to finish that text-based RPG he's thinking about.

Hey, wait a second...  Have any of you lads heard of Entropia Universe?

I daresay this may be the beginning of a fruitful business agreement...

Aside from that, there's Planeshift.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2008, 06:16:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>Hey, wait a second...  Have any of you lads heard of Entropia Universe?</STRONG>

I've heard, but dont plan on gambling in an MMO setting, especially one where the only real attraction is to get money.

Also about Planeshift, I signed up a few months ago, and never got a confirmation email. Never bothered to check up on that.

[ March 05, 2008: Message edited by: Torak ]

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 05, 2008, 09:14:00 pm »

There's always RPGWO. It's a 2D MORPG (I hesitate to call it a MMORPG). The game has "perks" that you can buy to remove some of the limits on free characters, but those limits are not usually reached unless you have nothing other to do than play.

RPGWO has pretty much the same skills as Wurm; metalsmithing, carpentry, cooking, farming, etc plus magic and weapon skills. Also like Wurm, players and guilds can own land.

If someone has a host, there could even be a DF server. Just... Don't tell anyone.

In fact, that might be the best course of action if anyone plays. The official servers seem to get either wiped or shut down every few months. New ones are then opened with the exact same stuff.

[ March 05, 2008: Message edited by: Mephisto ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 05, 2008, 10:05:00 pm »

Errg.  I'm not a particular fan of crippleware, but it might work.

Still though, there must be something out there that has all the material processing skills and teamwork for free.  

Hey, wait a second.  Take a look at this.  I just started browsing through the wikipedia list of free MMOs, and this popped up.  I haven't read anything in-depth yet, but it looks interesting.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 05, 2008, 10:11:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>

Hey, wait a second.  Take a look at this.  I just started browsing through the wikipedia list of free MMOs, and this popped up.  I haven't read anything in-depth yet, but it looks interesting.</STRONG>

I completely forgot about that. I was playing around with Crossfire as it was in the Ubuntu repositories.

I don't mean to keep talking about RPGWO, but the crippleware factor can be removed if the last option I posted is used.

Hmm... I'm going to reboot into Ubuntu and screw around in Crossfire right now.

If you play this game, the starting movement keys are set very strangely. Use the C key to change the configuration.
Well, apparently not. The online documentation seems to be wrong.

[ March 05, 2008: Message edited by: Mephisto ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2008, 12:56:00 am »

Hmm, crossfire doesn't seem to have a lot in the way of constructive labors.  What about Shadowbane?  It mentions something about building/sieging cities in there, and dwarves are a playable race.

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2008, 06:32:00 am »

From what I've heard of Shadowbane, it's in the decline and fairly focused on PVP.

RPGWO is just plain ugly looking. If you're going to give a game graphics, you might as well do a good job on them - possible to have something both simplistic and attractive.

My dwarves are not your dwarves.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2008, 06:40:00 am »

I found something which looked like just the thing, but...

It hasn't been released yet.

I'm crawling my way through some free MMORPG lists, looking for potential candidates.  I may have to drop the requirement of having dwarves as a playable race, sadly...   I can't seem to find anything with all the requirements (except for that one game that hasn't been released).

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18