Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Wurmonline DF town  (Read 19791 times)

turboburrito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wurmonline DF town
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2008, 07:00:00 pm »

I played this a while ago at a facepunch outpost. It got bored really quick because i kept getting killed,  The I just ran through a random forest for about 30 minutes until I was totally lost.  Your town looks really amazing   :).  Do you think I can join?

I forget how houses work.  Is there any way we could make them in the mines.  That would be awesome.

[ January 13, 2008: Message edited by: turboburrito ]

Gulfd'An

« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2008, 09:36:00 pm »

i don't know but if the map i have is corect im gona get to the town some time tomorow i just hope its not deserted........

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2008, 11:58:00 am »

We're not always online in game, but there is always someone on IRC. You can ask for help there, or try to get one of us to log in to help.

My advice to newbies is for them to play around on NT first, make a couple jars to carry water, make some food, make some healing covers, and then travel. At first, any aggressive animal will likely kill you, but once you have a set of armor, a decent weapon, and some skill, you will have a chance to survive.

Secondly, our place is full of wolves, we kill about 5 daily, so you have plenty of opportunity to train combat on copperblazes, with the safety of the deed and a close respawn point. Also, Del has a character in NT specially to add newbie to the citizen list and let them just respawn to the deed, if you don't feel like traveling (even tho it can be a nice experience, where you die a few times), just bug Delamore.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2008, 05:49:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Soulwynd:
<STRONG>Secondly, our place is full of wolves, we kill about 5 daily, so you have plenty of opportunity to train combat on copperblazes, with the safety of the deed and a close respawn point. Also, Del has a character in NT specially to add newbie to the citizen list and let them just respawn to the deed, if you don't feel like traveling (even tho it can be a nice experience, where you die a few times), just bug Delamore.</STRONG>

Traveling across the land and seeing the unfinished colossus was enough of a reward for me when traveling by foot, with thanks to wooty.

In game name is Torak Anusbleeds of Heroes. (game doesnt allow spaces and what not so it's actually Torakanusbleedsofheroes)

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Fenrir

« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2008, 05:51:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Soulwynd:
<STRONG>Secondly, our place is full of wolves, we kill about 5 daily...</STRONG>

You monsters!

Gulfd'An

« Reply #125 on: January 14, 2008, 07:48:00 pm »

lol well thanks to some set backs i probably can't get there for 3 mor days  :(

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2008, 12:15:00 pm »

Looks nice.

I'm joining too, under the lame name of "Drastik".

Anyways, are we on home or wild?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2008, 12:35:00 pm »

Home, there's no point in being on wild for most of us, really. But, alas, we have an outpost on wild too.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2008, 01:49:00 pm »

Okay, I now have downloaded the client. However, when I try to run Wurm, I just get laggy for a while, and then I get an error message.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2008, 06:35:00 pm »

You tried turning stuff off in the options? Shadows, relfections, and weather can kill.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2008, 10:29:00 pm »

After a successful body-return and some farming done, this day with wurm seems complete for me.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2008, 08:41:00 pm »

I am playing and intend to set out with timely and gulf'dan.
I have a nice set of stuff, from my point of view(it is actually quite crappy, although I am soon going to combine a 17.17 QL handle with a 4.64 QL chisel blade...)

edit... it failed....

edit: repeated with 14 and 12 QL and succeded. Will be starting the journey to DF town now.
[ January 18, 2008: Message edited by: qwertyuiopas ]

depressingly, got lost and ended looping... back on the path, but will have to travel the last 1/3 tomorrow.

Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #132 on: January 19, 2008, 10:19:00 am »

I made it, but nobody was there.
Eh?
Eh!

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 19, 2008, 11:19:00 am »

Damn.

I tried setting the graphics really low, but all Wurm does is create an empty window and then a file named hs_err_1092.

It also made funny noises.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 19, 2008, 12:43:00 pm »

Ah, the funny noises. Sometimes it will make a little *err err ee wer err beep*
catchy little tune   :D .

Also, the nobody there thing? Delamore is in a weird timezone, Arden is busy, I'm busy, Salamander is busy, Groovetiger is busy...

A very weird coincidence of absenses, which is partially why we're recruiting.

Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18