Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Wurmonline DF town  (Read 19792 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Wurmonline DF town
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2007, 12:32:00 pm »

We now have a forum, go sign in and start posting.
http://copperblazes.freeforums.org/index.php

It's probably temporary and unofficial until Del says it's okay. I will also customize it a bit later, it's not all configured yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2007, 02:53:00 pm »

ok, thanks tahin   :)
i think ive sorted it out, i had to run the wurmclient manually for it to start.

[ December 07, 2007: Message edited by: Kashyyk ]

thehunterunseen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2007, 04:51:00 pm »

Im on the game, same name.   I'll be to the town soon enough

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2007, 12:47:00 pm »

ive arrived! phew.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2007, 08:30:00 pm »

This sounds like fun... Ill try and join you guys. Judging by the screenshots this will likely drown my computer in a tub o' lag, however.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2008, 02:24:00 pm »

*ahem* Bump. JOIN US!

Update: We now have room for more houses and even more people, and are working on making more.

Really, Wurms a great game - try it out - if you like it, join us.

[ January 13, 2008: Message edited by: Wooty ]

It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2008, 04:29:00 pm »

I'd play, but I walk at about .00002 MPH, and running goes the same speed.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Gulfd'An

« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2008, 04:49:00 pm »

i just started playing yesterday its pretty fun

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2008, 05:02:00 pm »

That happened to me...make sure of three things

Press f3, and look at all your item weight - trim it down to 20KG or so - things like logs or an excessive amount of kindling and meat you dont need.

At the bottom right, you will see some things ...Climbing, Faithful, Lawful, Stealth, Autofight.

Climbing and stealth should be black, if it's white, click it. Faithful , lawful, and autofight should be white, if they're black, click em.

If you're trying to walk up steep slopes or through muddy forested land, you will go slowly. Try and stick to cobblestone roads.

Crap directions and very helpful map:
http://www.wurmonline.com/wiki/index.php/Gold_2_Village_Roadmap
EXCELLENT MAP of roads and paths to villages. The place where you spawn has a compass, facing the guide is facing west, and the sun rises in the north and sets in the south. On the map, Copperblazes should be to the farish left on a mountain, Newtown (spawnpoint) should be towards the middle. Follow the west highway till yo get to the big statue of a guy, then go right till you see an island in a lake (purty!) This island is "garden of the gods" Take the cobblestone road left, the map should show you the rest. Talk to people in local chat for directions whenever you see them.

To make the game run better, instead of hitting play on that one screen, hit options - turn off pretty weather and kill shadows and water reflections and things like that.

While at Newtown spawn point, ask for help with getting a lantern (useful!), some meals (essential), and some water (not so much because of all the water on the way, but bring some anyway). Cheymyst is a sucker for newbs, and Chjees goal in life so for is to help newbies in exchange for slave labor. They'll help you out if you ask.

Also helpful (guides and things) http://www.wurmonline.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Remember, almost everyone in this game is helpful. It scares me sometimes.

[ January 13, 2008: Message edited by: Wooty ]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2008, 05:40:00 pm »

I was about two miles out of aegis when I got my upper chest broken by a mountain lion. I went out with no items except the hatchet and shield, I completed a quest by cutting down a tree, then lighting a fire. Im staying here until sunup. Ill probably go back to newtown and get the lantern and that other stuff, or just continue without anything on my way to copperblazes. I swear ill get there, if it's the last thing I do.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Cpt.Timely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://about:blank and www.google.ca
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2008, 05:40:00 pm »

Just joined, Captaintimely, haven't played yet.
ord: It''s unpleasantly like being drunk.
Arthur: What''s so unpleasant about being drunk?
Ford: Ask a cup of water.
When i look in a mirror the glass cracks. See, even glass isn''t stupid enough to get between Cpt.Timely and Cpt.Timely.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2008, 06:00:00 pm »

Get someone in local to heal you, nearly everyone has cotton/healing covers you could use (possibly in exchange for newb slave labor).

Also, I forgot to mention...

ANIMALS ARE EVIL. Most can be outrun on cobblestone, but don't take chances. Ever. Huge spiders and scorpions are like giant cave spiders and giant scorpions in DF. Pheasants are like carp. Wolves are like semi-mega beasts.
Get far, far away from all animals.

The only safe animals are dogs - if you can tame them using meat and get a player to give you a rope, they make good pets.

Salamander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2008, 06:32:00 pm »

You forgot to mention crocs.  Crocodiles are the worst thing you can come across.  They are fast, deadly, and can swim.  Brown bears can also swim, but you are more likely to outrun brown bears then you are crocs.

[ January 13, 2008: Message edited by: Salamander ]

Fenrir

« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2008, 06:43:00 pm »

Do you do anything in this game besides get chased by the local wildlife?  :)

Gulfd'An

« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2008, 06:47:00 pm »

lol well i did all the nub i ah mean newtown quests. so im gona try and get to the town now. ill just get the lantern first mabey ill be there tomorow?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18