Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legendary Indifference  (Read 1271 times)

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Legendary Indifference
« on: November 08, 2008, 10:30:23 pm »

So we all know about the bug wherein legendary social skills grant legendary stats, and that legendary social skills can be obtained by having your fellas idle all day long.

In my errors, I have caused this to happen, and am dissatisfied with the unfair advantage granted by having legendary peasants.

To remedy this, I plan an eventual genocide involving triggering a tantrum spiral, and having my important dwarves airlocked.

However, during a test run where I dropped seven legendary civilians into magma, nobody flinched. Apparently having legendary Consoler/Pacifier skills does matter...

Frankly, I'm scared.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary Indifference
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 10:39:10 pm »

nobody flinched

They survived the magma, or nobody threw a tantrum?

If one, be very afraid. If two, chuck them all in the magma.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 10:54:29 pm »

Train all your dogs, assign war dogs to everyone, kill all the dogs?
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 11:02:31 pm »

Train all your dogs, assign war dogs to everyone, kill all the dogs?

Easiest way. You can butcher them too since they weren't officially adopted

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 12:27:05 am »

Yea, I take that back. Tantrum spiral occurred. Abandoned during an invasion so the reclaim would be interesting.

My NEW problem is; how do I prevent rampant socialization? All I really need is my legendary mason and haulers with Masonry enabled, and my farmers/trappers.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 12:29:59 am »

Yea, I take that back. Tantrum spiral occurred. Abandoned during an invasion so the reclaim would be interesting.

My NEW problem is; how do I prevent rampant socialization? All I really need is my legendary mason and haulers with Masonry enabled, and my farmers/trappers.
Give all your dwarves masonry, farming, and trapping skills.  Simple.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Overdose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 12:37:27 am »

A lot of pumps connected to nothing (or even an indoor waterfall system) and everyone who might idle with pump operator on. My dwarves never idle, they either pump, haul, or do a task this way, since if they idle, theres always an open spot somewhere with a pump that keeps em busy for a while.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 01:05:15 am »

A lot of pumps connected to nothing (or even an indoor waterfall system) and everyone who might idle with pump operator on. My dwarves never idle, they either pump, haul, or do a task this way, since if they idle, theres always an open spot somewhere with a pump that keeps em busy for a while.

Hmm. Might try this. Thanks.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 04:06:57 am »

I always have zero idlers. It's a problem(if something is important, I have to micromanage until someone does it). I have really low FR, though, so if I idly assign tasks every once in a while it's like I'm overloading the dwarves with stuff to do. I usually have lots of masonry tasks, several animals to butcher, crafts to make, skins to tan, meals to cook/brew, etc. hooray for cooks on their way to legendary!

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 04:46:21 am »

Don't dwarves only socialize when they're in adjacent squares? If that is indeed the case, having numerous large statue gardens everywhere around the fort might help, since it's less likely for several dwarves to be lumped in a small space.

Silfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 10:35:56 am »

Every dwarf I don't find tasks for becomes a member of my military. No exceptions.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 10:50:42 am »

must suck when you need tons of hualing power....like mininig projects, trading, or grabbing the loot off dead guys