Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dwarven play now  (Read 1808 times)

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
dwarven play now
« on: November 08, 2008, 06:45:58 pm »

how do i make it so i can be a dwarf with the play now! option?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: dwarven play now
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 06:49:12 pm »

[ADVENTURE_TIER:x] (I think, it's in the humans) in the entity definition, and replace x with a number that none of the other entities with that tag are using.
It might be possible to use the same number, but I don't suggest it.DO NOT USE THE SAME NUMBER AS ANOTHER ENTITY DEFINITION.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 06:50:59 pm by jaybud4 »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

socially_inept_butterfly

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes cows for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 06:52:26 pm »

[ADVENTURE_TIER:x] (I think, it's in the humans) in the entity definition, and replace x with a number that none of the other entities with that tag are using.
It might be possible to use the same number, but I don't suggest it.DO NOT USE THE SAME NUMBER AS ANOTHER ENTITY DEFINITION.
It's actually [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE], dwarves already have Adventure_Tier
Urist Axebeard, Mayor, has banned the export of brains.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 06:54:33 pm »

Last I checked, though, [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] which they already have implies [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]

..Without INDIV_CONTROLLABLE, they can't be used at all, and we're talking the Play Now! thing which is actually governed by ADVENTURE_TIER, not INDIV_CONTROLLABLE.

socially_inept_butterfly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 06:58:11 pm »

Last I checked, though, [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] which they already have implies [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]

..Without INDIV_CONTROLLABLE, they can't be used at all, and we're talking the Play Now! thing which is actually governed by ADVENTURE_TIER, not INDIV_CONTROLLABLE.
CIV_CONTROLLABLE doesn't imply INDIV_CONTROLLABLE and neither does ADVENTURE_TIER. Both according to the wiki and my own experiences with modding. However, whether you need ADVENTURE_TIER to have INDIV_CONTROLLABLE I don't know, but it doesn't hurt to have both.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 07:02:39 pm »

If neither CIV_CONTROLLABLE or ADVENTURE_TIER imply INDIV_CONTROLLABLE, wouldn't it be impossible to play as the dwarves in Adventure Mode?
INDIV_CONTROLLABLE is what defines their ability to be played in adventure.  Without it, you can't play as them.  Period.
...As far as I know.

socially_inept_butterfly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 07:11:46 pm »

If neither CIV_CONTROLLABLE or ADVENTURE_TIER imply INDIV_CONTROLLABLE, wouldn't it be impossible to play as the dwarves in Adventure Mode?
INDIV_CONTROLLABLE is what defines their ability to be played in adventure.  Without it, you can't play as them.  Period.
...As far as I know.
They currently have CIV_CONTROLLABLE and ADVENTURE_TIER:3 but no INDIV_CONTROLLABLE, they can adventure but with no "play now" option.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 08:25:30 pm »

yeah. i figured out adding the indiv_controllable tag gives you the play now option.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 08:45:36 pm »

...As far as I know.

Adventure Tier organises the adventurers by entity. This allows access to weapons and armour available to the entity. Civ_controllable is purely related to fortress mode.
Indiv controllable makes it possible to play a creature unaffiliated with any entity. Because of this they get no weapons or armour or skills, and they generally start in the middle of nowhere.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

sdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 12:56:33 pm »

The indiv_controllable tag is what makes you start as a human at an old dwarf fortress site of yours with no armour/weps.

I havent tested whether you need adventure_tier as well but it's safer to have it as well.

So... to be on the safe side remove the indiv_controllable tag from the human entity block and put it on the dwarven one.

Thats it - try it without genning a new world.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 05:44:29 pm »

i have already achieved getting the play now option for dwarves by adding the indiv_controllable tag to dwarves. also you dont need to remove said tag from humans to do so.