Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Interesting Worlds?  (Read 2564 times)

Aaron5367

• Bay Watcher
  • [X] Chasm All Animals
    • View Profile
    • http://www.aaron5367.com/
Interesting Worlds?
« on: November 08, 2008, 02:31:35 pm »

I've been looking around, on the wiki, and on the forums. The worldgen cookbook (the first place I looked) is rather dead. So I'm wondering if anyone has some seeds or worldgen saves they wouldn't mind sharing. I'm wanting a place high in wildlife and megabeasts, zombie carp or something would be awesome. My past attempts at custom worlds have failed.

Anyone who could shed some excitement with some new worlds (my old ones are always boring) will have my thanks.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 02:33:33 pm by Aaron5367 »

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Worlds?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 05:28:27 pm »

I use this one, designed to give a good mix of biomes with lots of savagery and evil. It's got the seed from my last world in it (where I was on a good mountain bordered by evil hills and forest: Lots of harpies, werewolves, and foul blendics about. Had trees, flux, magma, and a brook). Seems to work well for me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 05:44:01 pm »

I have the Everlasting Plane on DFFD. There's plenty of good haunted areas, a skeletal titan, a dragon,a demon, and a human civ at war with the goblins. Also, a near invincible shield wielding cyclops.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 05:51:01 pm by yougiedeggs »

Aaron5367

• Bay Watcher
  • [X] Chasm All Animals
    • View Profile
    • http://www.aaron5367.com/
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 05:54:22 pm »

Thanks, both of you, I'll try both of them :D.

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 05:56:15 pm »

Someone has a map where things left outside in the summer burn.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 06:20:46 pm »

oh my god thats awesome  :o
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 06:27:27 pm »

I know someone had a map where booze instantly evaporates outside, and leather melts if left too long as well.

And there's this
I'm looking for an area that have goblins at WAR (instead of being red ---- ), bonus points for elves also being WAR.

Got it, and I get bonus points too.

40d

The actual area is in the top left of the map, with only one of the 3 dwarven civs, so look around and you'll find it ;)
Magma is overrated.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 06:33:34 pm »

I use this one, designed to give a good mix of biomes with lots of savagery and evil. It's got the seed from my last world in it (where I was on a good mountain bordered by evil hills and forest: Lots of harpies, werewolves, and foul blendics about. Had trees, flux, magma, and a brook). Seems to work well for me.

Is it a pipe or a pool? Do the goblins bring critters with them?

Hawklaser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 06:57:43 pm »

I just ended up with a rather interesting map, have not yet played around on it. But there are 5 major rivers, and at least 2 sites that have a chance of having both magma and bauxite, one can be 3x4, the other needs to be almost 6x6. No idea if there is any HFS, but plenty of spots to choose from.

Now if I knew how to find the Gen info, I would share the map.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 08:21:47 pm »

I don't really see why you'd need bauxite clusters as long as the civ has it. You can bring all you need in the beginning

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 08:25:31 pm »

This thread has at least one seed that'll make a world that has areas too hot to inhabit:

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=25800.0

Hawklaser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 08:52:31 pm »

There are Civ's with bauxite, but it is handy to be able to get it yourself.

Unfortunatly no flux to go with the magma at either site.

I just started playing at the larger site, and very interesting features though have yet to see if there is bauxite, as where it would show up is a ways away from the spot I am digging in. Goes up 30z levels, highest minable is at +13, so for those that like tall towers, plenty of room. I don't want to spoil the map if others want to give it a go.

How would I go about finding the info needed so can share the generation info for interesting worlds, like this one?

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 11:50:18 pm »

Is it a pipe or a pool? Do the goblins bring critters with them?

It's a pipe. Flux is marble under mudstone in the hills/forest, confirmed at least one magnetite cluster. Unfortunately, my orcs wiped me out before the goblins showed up, so I'm not sure if they bring creatures with them.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Hawklaser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 02:08:07 am »

Ok, I figured out how to get the world gen info. Just a note, it does take a bit for this world to gen. But quite a few interesting spots out there to have fun with.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 02:32:56 am »

There are Civ's with bauxite, but it is handy to be able to get it yourself.

Unfortunatly no flux to go with the magma at either site.

Considering how much more useful flux is, I think you've got your priorities mixed up
Pages: [1] 2