Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 141

Author Topic: Elona: Roguelike.  (Read 484075 times)

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona Roguelike
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2008, 09:20:00 pm »

How do you get seeds out of rotten food? I'm following the god of the harvest, but I just can't figure it out =/
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2008, 03:33:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by a1s:
<STRONG>does anyone know what small coins are for?</STRONG>

There's a small shop somewhere south(?) of Noyel, still in the snow fields, run by a dwarf if i recall correctly, who took small coins as payment for his goods. The sole time i stumbled across that workshop, he had some artifact for sale for 99, but i didn't think anything of it at the time, as i was running out of food at the time.

As for the small coins, i've noticed that you can find them all over cities to begin with, by searching every so often as you wander around. If one's near, you'll get a hint, something about sensing something i believe. If it's very near, you'll see 'something sparkling' and if you're almost atop it, you find said coin.

I've noticed there's two types of potions for dealing with your general degeneration however.
Cure Corruption, that cures 'disease' type changes, that you get one of from the first stage of the quest (where you do the first task in your journal.)
and..
Cure Mutation, that cures the 'mutation' type changes.
Not sure if corruption types touch mutation's, but i know mutation ones don't touch diseases, so i'd assume the benefits are not interchangable. Corruption ones are rarer finds though, so i tend to stash them in my home for when i need them.

I noticed in the new version after upgrading to it though, that platinum went from training a skill directly, to training its potential gain instead, taking it up 10% per payment.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2008, 05:42:00 pm »

How do you stop the rogue boss from taking your food?  I carry cargos of travelers food for sustenance while running quests and every time I pay the rogues off I lose all my food and tend to starve before hitting the next town.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2008, 06:22:00 pm »

a) forage (almost any map will have some edible plants on it)
b) carry an emergency ration (I carried those around for months and they never rot)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2008, 06:43:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by beorn080:
<STRONG>How do you stop the rogue boss from taking your food?  I carry cargos of travelers food for sustenance while running quests and every time I pay the rogues off I lose all my food and tend to starve before hitting the next town.</STRONG>

By being good at running away from him.
Granted, every time i run into him now, i take out him plus his lackey's as fast as possible and steal HIS cargo.

Crnobog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2008, 12:26:00 pm »

Where can I get monster balls? I signed up for the monster collecting sidequest from the scientist dude in Port Kapul, but I died and lost them all.

And where is Noyel?

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2008, 01:16:00 pm »

Wow, this game is amazing... it often makes no sense, but yeah whatever.

Offtopic:
lol at Crnobog being golden and shiny.

Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

Rabek Jeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2008, 03:37:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Wooty:
<STRONG>How do you get seeds out of rotten food? I'm following the god of the harvest, but I just can't figure it out =/</STRONG>

It happens randomly when the food rots. If it rots and you didn't get a seed, you won't get one. If it rots and you do get a seed, the food item vanishes. It may or may not happen more often with higher faith skill/more offerings to your deity. I dunno.

Crnobog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2008, 03:48:00 pm »

:confused:

[ June 08, 2008: Message edited by: Crnobog ]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2008, 04:46:00 pm »

Anyone else get the annoying as hell "Suddenly, you dissappear." thing happening to you?
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2008, 05:03:00 pm »

You might have cursed items?

I wished for "gold" and got 20K gold peices. DO NOT try the wish spell, I tried to use it and it killed me. All sixteen times 0_o. Apparently I became better at it though.

Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2008, 05:22:00 pm »

yes, that is the basic effect of curse.
I once had a character who had 2 cursed items and had the "reality instability" disease (random teleport again), that was fun.
in addition to the illogical curse (I can see it in some exotic curse, but every time?!), the sleep is way weird- it can curse your items (or give you spells), wtf?!
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2008, 05:27:00 pm »

The wish spell can give you a huge boost to magical power, exp, and willpower, even if you fail it.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2008, 06:16:00 pm »

Okay, I'm trying this out...  It says I'm sleepy, how do I sleep?  I see 'rest' on the menu, but using that doesn't take away the sleepy state.

Sorry if this question has already been asked, I don't have the patience to read the whole thread...

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2008, 07:18:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sappho:
<STRONG>Okay, I'm trying this out...  It says I'm sleepy, how do I sleep?  I see 'rest' on the menu, but using that doesn't take away the sleepy state.

Sorry if this question has already been asked, I don't have the patience to read the whole thread...</STRONG>

you need to be very sleepy to sleep without a bed.
you can rest in just about any bed, any place (as long as you're not being actively stabbed in the thigh by something, thus preventing you getting restful sleep.) that means mostly in towns is where you'll sleep, until you get your hands on a sleeping bag or a eastern bed (that's slightly lighter), that you can use with 't' any time you're sleepy, to rest in whatever area you're currently getting into trouble in.

resting in a bed is a better option than resting without one, too, apparently.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 141